"World domination. Fast" (By Linus Torvalds)

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire Tokyo

SubjectAuthor
* FREE GAME: Ghostwire TokyoSpalls Hurgenson
`* Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire TokyoMike S.
 +* Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire TokyoRoss Ridge
 |`- Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire TokyoMike S.
 `- Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire TokyoJustisaur

1
FREE GAME: Ghostwire Tokyo

<hclgoi5aec1cd89u9f8h7evt3bk9ne37ti@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416606&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416606

From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Ghostwire Tokyo
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 11:07:11 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 16:07 UTC

Running... out... of... ways... to... introduce... free-games...
announcements! Must... slow...down... free... game... give-away...
so... I.... can... recharge!

Epic has another free game. Surprise!

* Ghostwire Tokyo
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/ghostwire-tokyo
Yes, it's another repeat (Epic put this one up for
offer just a few months ago, October 10 2023). But
it's definitely a game worth grabbing if you missed
it the first time. While at it's base it's still
just an open-world first-person shooters whose core
game loop is the same sort of thing we've seen since
"FarCry 3", its unique setting make it stand apart
from its peers. And - say what you want about
Ubisoft-style open-world games (not that this is a
Ubisoft game, but it apes it quite well), one thing
you can't really say is that they aren't fun. If
you like the genre, grab "Ghostwire"; you'll have
a blast.

Twenty four hours only to grab this one. Run-don't-walk to press the
"add to cart" button!

Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire Tokyo

<hvmgoip4t6cbj0uo1lod28dl6mc5koq0rh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416609&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416609

From: Mike_S@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire Tokyo
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 11:30:18 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 16:30 UTC

On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 11:07:11 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>* Ghostwire Tokyo
>https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/ghostwire-tokyo
> Yes, it's another repeat (Epic put this one up for
> offer just a few months ago, October 10 2023). But
> it's definitely a game worth grabbing if you missed
> it the first time. While at it's base it's still
> just an open-world first-person shooters whose core
> game loop is the same sort of thing we've seen since
> "FarCry 3", its unique setting make it stand apart
> from its peers. And - say what you want about
> Ubisoft-style open-world games (not that this is a
> Ubisoft game, but it apes it quite well), one thing
> you can't really say is that they aren't fun. If
> you like the genre, grab "Ghostwire"; you'll have
> a blast.

I don't know why I missed this the first time around but apparently I
did. Thank you for the post.

I have no idea if I will like this or not but there is no way in hell
I am saying no to a $60 game for free.

Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire Tokyo

<um9pm9$2l9rc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416613&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416613

From: rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ross Ridge)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:27:38 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Ross Ridge)
 by: Ross Ridge - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:27 UTC

Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
>I don't know why I missed this the first time around but apparently I
>did. Thank you for the post.

I didn't get it either, which I found suspicious enough to check my
e-mail receipts. Turn out I didn't get anything that day because October
10th was a Tuesday. The games they gave out previous Thursday and
next Thursday were different ones.

A bit more research revealed that it was actually an Amazon Prime giveaway
that could be redeemed on the Epic Game Store.

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca

Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire Tokyo

<tlrgoiledevuf5f5632a7nnv8msksig86h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416614&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416614

From: Mike_S@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:50:09 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:50 UTC

On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:27:38 -0000 (UTC), rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
(Ross Ridge) wrote:

>A bit more research revealed that it was actually an Amazon Prime giveaway
>that could be redeemed on the Epic Game Store.

That makes sense then as I don't do Amazon Prime. Thank you for
posting as it really was a bit of a mystery to me. When Spalls says I
should have a game already, turns out I do. :)

Re: FREE GAME: Ghostwire Tokyo

<uma3fm$2mnrl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416624&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416624

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:14:45 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 20:14 UTC

On 12/24/2023 8:30 AM, Mike S. wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 11:07:11 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
> <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> * Ghostwire Tokyo
>> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/ghostwire-tokyo
>> Yes, it's another repeat (Epic put this one up for
>> offer just a few months ago, October 10 2023). But
>> it's definitely a game worth grabbing if you missed
>> it the first time. While at it's base it's still
>> just an open-world first-person shooters whose core
>> game loop is the same sort of thing we've seen since
>> "FarCry 3", its unique setting make it stand apart
>> from its peers. And - say what you want about
>> Ubisoft-style open-world games (not that this is a
>> Ubisoft game, but it apes it quite well), one thing
>> you can't really say is that they aren't fun. If
>> you like the genre, grab "Ghostwire"; you'll have
>> a blast.
>
> I don't know why I missed this the first time around but apparently I
> did. Thank you for the post.

I too didn't have it, but now I do!

--
-Justisaur