The memory management on the PowerPC can be used to frighten small children. -- Linus Torvalds

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

SubjectAuthor
* 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24Spalls Hurgenson
+* Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24Metal Guru
|`- Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24Mike S.
`* Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24Justisaur
 +- Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24Spalls Hurgenson
 `* Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24candycanearter07
  `* Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24Ant
   `- Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24candycanearter07

1
2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

<ekrgoid9r6p7k954b5eok5711o4nbl532c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416617&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416617

From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 13:10:05 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 18:10 UTC

Ho-ho-ho!

One more day until Christmas... and then this long Usenet nightmare of
endless give-aways will finally be over. Stay strong, we can get
through this together!

* X-Morph Defense Complete Pack
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4453/XMorph_Defense_Complete_Pack/
At it's heart, X-Morph Defense is just a tower-defense
game, but that's really doing it an injustice. It has
such a 2R8wide variety of enemies and defenses, large maps,
great graphics and varied TCQmechanics (some enemies
even bypass the labyrinthCEA7 entirely!) that it stands
apart from the rest of the genre. Is it a great game?
Well... no. Even at its best, tower-defense games just
don't have a depth to ever be considered "great". But
it's good, and - more importantly - it's fun. Even if
you don't ZXTPHlike tower defense, give this one a shot.

Hello lurker/bot! Are you going to take this game too? At least have
the politeness of saying "thank you, I took this game," hey? And if
you're not a lurker-bot, enjoy the game!

Ho-ho-ho!

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

<um9t8g$2lrub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416619&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416619

From: metalguru.usa@proton.me (Metal Guru)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 18:28:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Metal Guru - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 18:28 UTC

Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> Ho-ho-ho!
>
> One more day until Christmas... and then this long Usenet nightmare of
> endless give-aways will finally be over. Stay strong, we can get
> through this together!
>

> * X-Morph Defense Complete Pack

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4453/XMorph_Defense_Complete_Pack/
> Ho-ho-ho!

I'll pass but thanks for posting!

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

<89ugoipgcpu493tjd48rh20sreufa8uu2e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416620&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416620

From: Mike_S@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 13:32:27 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 18:32 UTC

On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 18:28:32 -0000 (UTC), "Metal Guru"
<metalguru.usa@proton.me> wrote:

>https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4453/XMorph_Defense_Complete_Pack/
>> Ho-ho-ho!
>
>I'll pass but thanks for posting!

I'll pass as well.

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

<uma3ah$2mnrl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416623&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416623

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:11:59 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 20:11 UTC

On 12/24/2023 10:10 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> Ho-ho-ho!
>
> One more day until Christmas... and then this long Usenet nightmare of
> endless give-aways will finally be over. Stay strong, we can get
> through this together!
>

> * X-Morph Defense Complete Pack
> https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4453/XMorph_Defense_Complete_Pack/
> At it's heart, X-Morph Defense is just a tower-defense
> game, but that's really doing it an injustice. It has
> such a 2R8wide variety of enemies and defenses, large maps,
> great graphics and varied TCQmechanics (some enemies
> even bypass the labyrinthCEA7 entirely!) that it stands
> apart from the rest of the genre. Is it a great game?
> Well... no. Even at its best, tower-defense games just
> don't have a depth to ever be considered "great". But
> it's good, and - more importantly - it's fun. Even if
> you don't ZXTPHlike tower defense, give this one a shot.
>

> Hello lurker/bot! Are you going to take this game too? At least have
> the politeness of saying "thank you, I took this game," hey? And if
> you're not a lurker-bot, enjoy the game!
>
> Ho-ho-ho!

In the heart of the Jurassic, where tales unfold,
Lived a justice dinosaur, wise and bold.
Dressed in robes of fairness, with a gavel in hand,
A creature of virtue, protecting the land.

One snowy Christmas morning, a surprise in store,
A gift from Spalls, a tower defense to explore.
The justice dino's eyes lit up with glee,
For a game of strategy, as festive as can be.

With a Santa hat perched on his scaly head,
He roared with delight, ready to be led.
To a world of pixels, a battleground so grand,
He'd thwart lurking bots with a masterful hand.

The lurkerbots crept, in the virtual night,
But the dino was vigilant, his senses in flight.
He placed towers with wisdom, a strategic might,
Defending the pixels, protecting what's right.

Spalls' gift was a joy, a holiday cheer,
As the justice dino smiled from ear to ear.
The towers stood strong, a fortress so true,
Against the lurking bots, justice would ensue.

With each level conquered, the dino's heart swelled,
His tail wagging proudly, in victory compelled.
For in the world of gaming, as in life's grand scheme,
Justice prevails, even in a pixelated dream.

So, let's celebrate the season, with joy and with might,
With justice and gaming, in the holiday light.
For the justice dinosaur, a hero so grand,
Wishes you a Merry Christmas across the land!

-ChatGPT & Justisaur

TL;DR: I got this one!

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

<f65joihjegb995ffu17sbj812r3bl77ig3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416640&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416640

From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:43:41 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 14:43 UTC

On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:11:59 -0800, Justisaur <justisaur@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 12/24/2023 10:10 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>In the heart of the Jurassic, where tales unfold,
<snip>

Love it! Added it to the c.s.i.p.g.action Christmas Carol songbook!
Expect to be embarrassed by it in future give-aways! ;-)

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

<umdnd0$3cn3d$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416690&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416690

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 23:13:04 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 05:13 UTC

On 12/24/23 14:11, Justisaur wrote:
> On 12/24/2023 10:10 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>>
>> Ho-ho-ho!
>>
>> One more day until Christmas... and then this long Usenet nightmare of
>> endless give-aways will finally be over. Stay strong, we can get
>> through this together!
>>

>> * X-Morph Defense Complete Pack
>> https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4453/XMorph_Defense_Complete_Pack/
>>     At it's heart, X-Morph Defense is just a tower-defense
>>     game, but that's really doing it an injustice. It has
>>     such a 2R8wide variety of enemies and defenses, large maps,
>>     great graphics and varied TCQmechanics (some enemies
>>     even bypass the labyrinthCEA7 entirely!) that it stands
>>     apart from the rest of the genre. Is it a great game?
>>     Well... no. Even at its best, tower-defense games just
>>     don't have a depth to ever be considered "great". But
>>     it's good, and - more importantly - it's fun. Even if
>>     you don't ZXTPHlike tower defense, give this one a shot.
>>

>> Hello lurker/bot! Are you going to take this game too? At least have
>> the politeness of saying "thank you, I took this game," hey? And if
>> you're not a lurker-bot, enjoy the game!
>>
>> Ho-ho-ho!
>
> In the heart of the Jurassic, where tales unfold,
> Lived a justice dinosaur, wise and bold.
> Dressed in robes of fairness, with a gavel in hand,
> A creature of virtue, protecting the land.
>
> One snowy Christmas morning, a surprise in store,
> A gift from Spalls, a tower defense to explore.
> The justice dino's eyes lit up with glee,
> For a game of strategy, as festive as can be.
>
> With a Santa hat perched on his scaly head,
> He roared with delight, ready to be led.
> To a world of pixels, a battleground so grand,
> He'd thwart lurking bots with a masterful hand.
>
> The lurkerbots crept, in the virtual night,
> But the dino was vigilant, his senses in flight.
> He placed towers with wisdom, a strategic might,
> Defending the pixels, protecting what's right.
>
> Spalls' gift was a joy, a holiday cheer,
> As the justice dino smiled from ear to ear.
> The towers stood strong, a fortress so true,
> Against the lurking bots, justice would ensue.
>
> With each level conquered, the dino's heart swelled,
> His tail wagging proudly, in victory compelled.
> For in the world of gaming, as in life's grand scheme,
> Justice prevails, even in a pixelated dream.
>
> So, let's celebrate the season, with joy and with might,
> With justice and gaming, in the holiday light.
> For the justice dinosaur, a hero so grand,
> Wishes you a Merry Christmas across the land!
>
> -ChatGPT & Justisaur
>

> TL;DR:  I got this one!

Can't believe we have both an ant and a dinosaur in this group.

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

<j5CdnR4tZceY7Rf4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416694&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416694

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 06:17:41 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 06:17 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
> On 12/24/23 14:11, Justisaur wrote:
> > On 12/24/2023 10:10 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> >>
> >> Ho-ho-ho!
> >>
> >> One more day until Christmas... and then this long Usenet nightmare of
> >> endless give-aways will finally be over. Stay strong, we can get
> >> through this together!
> >>

> >> * X-Morph Defense Complete Pack
> >> https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4453/XMorph_Defense_Complete_Pack/
> >>     At it's heart, X-Morph Defense is just a tower-defense
> >>     game, but that's really doing it an injustice. It has
> >>     such a 2R8wide variety of enemies and defenses, large maps,
> >>     great graphics and varied TCQmechanics (some enemies
> >>     even bypass the labyrinthCEA7 entirely!) that it stands
> >>     apart from the rest of the genre. Is it a great game?
> >>     Well... no. Even at its best, tower-defense games just
> >>     don't have a depth to ever be considered "great". But
> >>     it's good, and - more importantly - it's fun. Even if
> >>     you don't ZXTPHlike tower defense, give this one a shot.
> >>

> >> Hello lurker/bot! Are you going to take this game too? At least have
> >> the politeness of saying "thank you, I took this game," hey? And if
> >> you're not a lurker-bot, enjoy the game!
> >>
> >> Ho-ho-ho!
> >
> > In the heart of the Jurassic, where tales unfold,
> > Lived a justice dinosaur, wise and bold.
> > Dressed in robes of fairness, with a gavel in hand,
> > A creature of virtue, protecting the land.
> >
> > One snowy Christmas morning, a surprise in store,
> > A gift from Spalls, a tower defense to explore.
> > The justice dino's eyes lit up with glee,
> > For a game of strategy, as festive as can be.
> >
> > With a Santa hat perched on his scaly head,
> > He roared with delight, ready to be led.
> > To a world of pixels, a battleground so grand,
> > He'd thwart lurking bots with a masterful hand.
> >
> > The lurkerbots crept, in the virtual night,
> > But the dino was vigilant, his senses in flight.
> > He placed towers with wisdom, a strategic might,
> > Defending the pixels, protecting what's right.
> >
> > Spalls' gift was a joy, a holiday cheer,
> > As the justice dino smiled from ear to ear.
> > The towers stood strong, a fortress so true,
> > Against the lurking bots, justice would ensue.
> >
> > With each level conquered, the dino's heart swelled,
> > His tail wagging proudly, in victory compelled.
> > For in the world of gaming, as in life's grand scheme,
> > Justice prevails, even in a pixelated dream.
> >
> > So, let's celebrate the season, with joy and with might,
> > With justice and gaming, in the holiday light.
> > For the justice dinosaur, a hero so grand,
> > Wishes you a Merry Christmas across the land!
> >
> > -ChatGPT & Justisaur
> >

> > TL;DR:  I got this one!

> Can't believe we have both an ant and a dinosaur in this group.

I can't believe we have a candy cane arter in here. :P
--
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." --John 3:17. Oppenheimer > Barbie.
| |o o| |

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24

<umfc6h$3je98$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416700&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416700

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 14:14:09 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 20:14 UTC

On 12/26/23 00:17, Ant wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:

>>> In the heart of the Jurassic, where tales unfold,
>>> Lived a justice dinosaur, wise and bold.
>>> Dressed in robes of fairness, with a gavel in hand,
>>> A creature of virtue, protecting the land.
>>>
>>> One snowy Christmas morning, a surprise in store,
>>> A gift from Spalls, a tower defense to explore.
>>> The justice dino's eyes lit up with glee,
>>> For a game of strategy, as festive as can be.
>>>
>>> With a Santa hat perched on his scaly head,
>>> He roared with delight, ready to be led.
>>> To a world of pixels, a battleground so grand,
>>> He'd thwart lurking bots with a masterful hand.
>>>
>>> The lurkerbots crept, in the virtual night,
>>> But the dino was vigilant, his senses in flight.
>>> He placed towers with wisdom, a strategic might,
>>> Defending the pixels, protecting what's right.
>>>
>>> Spalls' gift was a joy, a holiday cheer,
>>> As the justice dino smiled from ear to ear.
>>> The towers stood strong, a fortress so true,
>>> Against the lurking bots, justice would ensue.
>>>
>>> With each level conquered, the dino's heart swelled,
>>> His tail wagging proudly, in victory compelled.
>>> For in the world of gaming, as in life's grand scheme,
>>> Justice prevails, even in a pixelated dream.
>>>
>>> So, let's celebrate the season, with joy and with might,
>>> With justice and gaming, in the holiday light.
>>> For the justice dinosaur, a hero so grand,
>>> Wishes you a Merry Christmas across the land!
>>>
>>> -ChatGPT & Justisaur
>>>

>>> TL;DR:  I got this one!
>
>> Can't believe we have both an ant and a dinosaur in this group.
>
> I can't believe we have a candy cane arter in here. :P

I was making a joke about species lol ^^

also call me candy