From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: "Jitsu Squad" and "Mighty Fight Federation"
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 11:02:58 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 16:02 UTC

The Number Grows (a truly Epic song)
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
(with apologies to Simon & Garfunkel)
(and a little thanks to ChatGPT)

Hello Epic Game Store my old friend
I've come to download from you again
Because the games that you offer softly creeping
Now appear while I am sleeping
And the free games that were planted in my brain
Still remain ... and The Number grows

In restless games I walked alone
Narrow streets of gaming unknown
'Neath the halo of my PC's glow
I downloaded games like never before
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of their deals
That split the night... and made The Number grow

And in the bright screen I saw Ten thousand games, maybe more
People downloading without speaking
People gaming without playing
People writing songs that developers never share
And still more... The Number grows

"Fools," said I, "You do not know
Without Epic, how much you're losing
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take these games that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops, fell
But still... The Number grows

And the people bowed and prayed
To the Epic Game Store, they stayed
And free games flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The games of Epic are free for all"
And ever The Number grows

* Jitsu Squad
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/jitsu-squad-af3f2f
Simply judging the game from its cover (or its screenshots,
as the case may be), I can tell that this is not a game
for me. It's a fast-paced brawler/platformer (the
marketing compares it to "Marvel vs Capcom") designed for
co-op tag-team play, and with animal mascots. It actually
looks a fairly entertaining and well made game... just not
the sort of thing that I would enjoy.

* Mighty Fight Federation
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/mighty-fight-federation
Another brawler, except this one is in full 3D. Again, not
a genre of which I am particularly fond, and this one lacks
the charm of "Jitsu Squad's" colorful cast. Its moveset
and gameplay also doesn't look as smooth. I'm even less
likely to ever play this game. On the other hand, it is
colorful... and free.

Not the most exciting of games from Epic this week... well, unless
you're a fan of the brawler genre. Then you are probably in heaven. It
doesn't look like Epic is going to do a daily give-away for all of
December this year, though, so we will have to wait a WHOLE WEEK until
the next batch of freebies. Oh well. I'm sure we'll find something
else to keep us occupied.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / FREE GAME: "Jitsu Squad" and "Mighty Fight Federation"