From: anssi.saari@usenet.mail.kapsi.fi (Anssi Saari)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Deliver Us Mars
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:38:22 +0200
sha1:uNutz0n16Ijf3ns5/gzR9Kq1JFk=
 by: Anssi Saari - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:38 UTC

Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> writes:

> * Deliver Us Mars
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/deliver-us-mars
> Take on the role as a cosmic FedEx employee as you move planets to
> their intended destination. No wait, that's completely wrong.
> "Deliver" is an over-the-shoulder action-adventure-platformer, albeit
> an extremely simplistic one. In truth, it veers pretty closely into
> 'walking simulator' territory. Still, it has some nice visuals (in
> places, at least) and the sci-fi setting is pretty neat (the
> characters and story, not so much). Not really a game I'd pay for, but
> as a freebie? I can't see a reason not to grab it and give it a try.

Well, I rather enjoyed "Deliver Us the Moon" which I believe was also a
freebie earlier. Puzzles on the moon weren't exactly hard but there were
some annoying QT pipes trying to grab the next oxygen bottle before you
run out. Unfortunately the protagonist instadies if she runs out of
oxygen. I hope they removed those from the sequel.

Oh yes, the plot of the Moon was pretty weird and seemed unlikely. I
expect that will continue on Mars. The Moon was already very pretty so
likely this is too.

Anyways, this is one Epic Freebie I'll likely enjoy.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: FREE GAME: Deliver Us Mars