From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAMES: "Silent Age" & "Tunche"
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 11:01:47 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:01 UTC

Let's sing (you all know the words)!

Games, games, games, games!
Games, games, games, games!
FREE GAMES!
Games, games, games, games!
Games, games, games, games!

This week we get:

* The Silent Age
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/the-silent-age-eb6972
No. Just no. I know this adventure game /looks/ like it might be good;
a fun throwback to point-n-click adventures of the past. An
interesting story about post-apocalyptic worlds and using time-travel
to avert that dystopia. I thought so too. Then I played it. This game
is awful. The puzzles are simplistic to the point of being brain-dead,
the dialogue is uninteresting and that time-travel gimmick is barely
used. This is a dull, poorly made game and even free it isn't worth
getting.

* Tunche
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/tunche
Well, the art-style looks nice (it's hand-drawn, the marketing says).
The gameplay? I'm less entranced; it's a side-scrolling brawler with
(of course) "rogue-like elements". Is it good? No idea; the reviews
are positive (of course, they were positive for "Silent Age" too).
Maybe this satisfies the craving of a certain niche of gamer, but I'm
not in that niche. And frankly, any game associated with "The Silent
Age" can't help but look the worse for it.

You have the usual seven days to claim these titles... if you dare.

Re: FREE GAMES: "Silent Age" & "Tunche"

<jc6dnaof6c43Wrj5nZ2dnZfqn_EAAAAA@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111412894&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111412894

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: FREE GAMES: "Silent Age" & "Tunche"
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 17:32:26 +0000
 by: Ant - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 17:32 UTC

Thnaks. I only took Tunche. Other game, bah.

--
"I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness." --John 12:46. Bad mawny so far with poop into my diaper, colony, monthly dentist, iPhone's iOS v16.4's Maps' favorites gone after each reboot, etc. :(
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAMES: "Silent Age" & "Tunche"

<u04o2f$10ovs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111412896&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111412896

From: dtravel@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:31:29 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 19:31 UTC

On 3/30/2023 10:32 AM, Ant wrote:
> Thnaks. I only took Tunche. Other game, bah.

You forgot the "Humbug".

> Spalls Hurgenson <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let's sing (you all know the words)!
>

>> Games, games, games, games!
>> Games, games, games, games!
>> FREE GAMES!
>> Games, games, games, games!
>> Games, games, games, games!
>

>> This week we get:
>
>> * The Silent Age
>> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/the-silent-age-eb6972
>> No. Just no. I know this adventure game /looks/ like it might be good;
>> a fun throwback to point-n-click adventures of the past. An
>> interesting story about post-apocalyptic worlds and using time-travel
>> to avert that dystopia. I thought so too. Then I played it. This game
>> is awful. The puzzles are simplistic to the point of being brain-dead,
>> the dialogue is uninteresting and that time-travel gimmick is barely
>> used. This is a dull, poorly made game and even free it isn't worth
>> getting.
>

>> * Tunche
>> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/tunche
>> Well, the art-style looks nice (it's hand-drawn, the marketing says).
>> The gameplay? I'm less entranced; it's a side-scrolling brawler with
>> (of course) "rogue-like elements". Is it good? No idea; the reviews
>> are positive (of course, they were positive for "Silent Age" too).
>> Maybe this satisfies the craving of a certain niche of gamer, but I'm
>> not in that niche. And frankly, any game associated with "The Silent
>> Age" can't help but look the worse for it.
>

>> You have the usual seven days to claim these titles... if you dare.

dirty old man.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: FREE GAMES: "Silent Age" & "Tunche"