From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24 Part 3
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 18:54:05 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 23:54 UTC

The big day approaches, a time of celebrating friends and family. Are
you excited? I sure am, and am pretty sure my neighbor is too; I heard
him screaming excitedly earlier. And I think the beavants are caroling
downstairs; I can't make out the song but they're definitely singing
something. It's great how everyone gets into the seasonal cheer, isn't
it? It's not just about the gift-giving.

Speaking of which... here's another gift to give!

----------------------------------

* This War of Mine
https://store.steampowered.com/app/282070/This_War_of_Mine/
Celebrate Christmas by pretending you're struggling to survive as a
civilian caught in a warzone. Okay, maybe not the cheeriest and
on-season4GELB sort of games, but this mix of survival/strategy and
side-scroller action maybe will help us remember some of the less
fortunate in the 8J8GI world. After all, the game was designed as a
counterpoint to titles like Call of Duty that glorify war, so it's not
intended to be a happy 39FPLexperience. That doesn't make it a bad
game, though; sometimes we all need a reminder like that.

----------------------------------

Sorry, gotta cut this short. There's this weird smell coming from the
basement; maybe its those scented candles I gave the beavants?

Hai hai hai!

Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24 Part 3

<db9fqhtffo8el9r3kgdsflsq6nhsqjbdg5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111411682&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111411682

From: Mike_S@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 20:22:01 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 01:22 UTC

On Sat, 24 Dec 2022 18:54:05 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>* This War of Mine
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/282070/This_War_of_Mine/
>Celebrate Christmas by pretending you're struggling to survive as a
>civilian caught in a warzone. Okay, maybe not the cheeriest and
>on-season4GELB sort of games, but this mix of survival/strategy and
>side-scroller action maybe will help us remember some of the less
>fortunate in the 8J8GI world. After all, the game was designed as a
>counterpoint to titles like Call of Duty that glorify war, so it's not
>intended to be a happy 39FPLexperience. That doesn't make it a bad
>game, though; sometimes we all need a reminder like that.

I don't think I would like this and it may have been claimed already
anyway... but in case it hasn't.... I will pass.

Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24 Part 3

<to8e3m$1230$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111411684&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111411684

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 18:55:41 -0800
 by: Ant - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 02:55 UTC

I played its free weekend. It was interesting and OK. Passed for me.

--
It's eve of Merry Christmas & Jesus' birthday! Happy Holidays / Season's
Greetings! "[The shepherds] hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24 Part 3

<toejo3$3jovj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111411729&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111411729

From: noway@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 11:08:51 +0000
 by: JAB - Tue, 27 Dec 2022 11:08 UTC

On 24/12/2022 23:54, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> * This War of Mine
> https://store.steampowered.com/app/282070/This_War_of_Mine/
> Celebrate Christmas by pretending you're struggling to survive as a
> civilian caught in a warzone. Okay, maybe not the cheeriest and
> on-season4GELB sort of games, but this mix of survival/strategy and
> side-scroller action maybe will help us remember some of the less
> fortunate in the 8J8GI world. After all, the game was designed as a
> counterpoint to titles like Call of Duty that glorify war, so it's not
> intended to be a happy 39FPLexperience. That doesn't make it a bad
> game, though; sometimes we all need a reminder like that.

As you say, not exactly a 'fun' game but it certainly gives food for
thought compared to the normal you are the hero games based around war.
It's certainly worth a buy (including the DLC which makes it more story
focused) and it's one of the games that is best tackled blind to really
help get the feel of we all think that we'd like to do the right thing
but would you really when put in that situation.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: 2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #24 Part 3