From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Free Game: Metro Last Light Redux
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 11:05:55 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 16:05 UTC

On the 11th(?) day of EpicMas, Tim Sweeney gave to us:
A game 'bout the post apocalypse!

* Metro Last Light: Redux
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/metro-last-light-redux
Well, Epic seems to be on a post-apocalyptic kick these days. I wonder
if they're trying to tell us something? "Last Light" is the second
game of the Metro franchise, and an okay game all around; I preferred
the original more but there are some pretty good DLC packs included
that make up the difference. Of course, this is another game they
already gave away earlier (back in February 2021) so most people here
probably have it in their Epic libraries, but it's a nice offer
regardless.

24 hours to claim. One game left after this! What will it be? What
will it be? The 'wrapping paper clue' seems to be of a three-toed
tentacle? It's not clear what it is supposed to be. Oh well, I guess
we'll find out tomorrow!

Re: Free Game: Metro Last Light Redux

<to7nab$1heo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111411679&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111411679

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Scrooge Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Free Game: Metro Last Light Redux
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:26:42 -0800
 by: Scrooge Ant - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 20:26 UTC

"Sorry, you already own this item, or it's still being processed." Bah,
humbug.

On 12/24/2022 8:05 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> On the 11th(?) day of EpicMas, Tim Sweeney gave to us:
> A game 'bout the post apocalypse!
>
> * Metro Last Light: Redux
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/metro-last-light-redux
> Well, Epic seems to be on a post-apocalyptic kick these days. I wonder
> if they're trying to tell us something? "Last Light" is the second
> game of the Metro franchise, and an okay game all around; I preferred
> the original more but there are some pretty good DLC packs included
> that make up the difference. Of course, this is another game they
> already gave away earlier (back in February 2021) so most people here
> probably have it in their Epic libraries, but it's a nice offer
> regardless.
>
> 24 hours to claim. One game left after this! What will it be? What
> will it be? The 'wrapping paper clue' seems to be of a three-toed
> tentacle? It's not clear what it is supposed to be. Oh well, I guess
> we'll find out tomorrow!--
It's eve of Merry Christmas & Jesus' birthday! Happy Holidays / Season's
Greetings! "[The shepherds] hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and
the baby [Jesus], who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him,
they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this
child, and all who heard it were amazed... But Mary treasured up all
these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned,
glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen,
which were just as they had been told." —Luke 2:16-20. :) Another known
human death again. That's 5 in total for this yr. & 2 many (7? total)
for this decade so far. :~(
this below signature correctly.
/\___/\ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
/ /\ /\ \
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Re: Free Game: Metro Last Light Redux

<to96gk$2kh01$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111411691&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111411691

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 10:52:18 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 09:52 UTC

On 24/12/2022 21:26, Scrooge Ant wrote:
> "Sorry, you already own this item, or it's still being processed." Bah,
> humbug.
>
> On 12/24/2022 8:05 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>>
>> On the 11th(?) day of EpicMas, Tim Sweeney gave to us:
>> A game 'bout the post apocalypse!
>>
>> * Metro Last Light: Redux
>> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/metro-last-light-redux
>> Well, Epic seems to be on a post-apocalyptic kick these days. I wonder
>> if they're trying to tell us something? "Last Light" is the second
>> game of the Metro franchise, and an okay game all around; I preferred
>> the original more but there are some pretty good DLC packs included
>> that make up the difference. Of course, this is another game they
>> already gave away earlier (back in February 2021) so most people here
>> probably have it in their Epic libraries, but it's a nice offer
>> regardless.
>>
>> 24 hours to claim. One game left after this! What will it be? What
>> will it be? The 'wrapping paper clue' seems to be of a three-toed
>> tentacle? It's not clear what it is supposed to be. Oh well, I guess
>> we'll find out tomorrow!--
> It's eve of Merry Christmas & Jesus' birthday! Happy Holidays / Season's
> Greetings! "[The shepherds] hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and
> the baby [Jesus], who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him,
> they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this
> child, and all who heard it were amazed... But Mary treasured up all
> these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned,
> glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen,
> which were just as they had been told." —Luke 2:16-20. :) Another known
> human death again. That's 5 in total for this yr. & 2 many (7? total)
> for this decade so far. :~(
> Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see
> this below signature correctly.
>    /\___/\                http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
>   / /\ /\ \
>  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
>     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
>      ( )

I think they had it as a free game at least twice already.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Free Game: Metro Last Light Redux