Machines have less problems. I'd like to be a machine. -- Andy Warhol

devel / comp.sys.acorn.apps / Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

SubjectAuthor
* Pluto and AntiSpam.Dave Plowman (News)
+* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Martin
|`* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Dave Plowman (News)
| `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Martin
|  `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Dave Plowman (News)
|   `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Martin
|    +- Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Dave Plowman (News)
|    `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Richard Darby (news)
|     `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Dave Plowman (News)
|      `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Martin
|       `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Dave Plowman (News)
|        `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Martin
|         +* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Martin
|         |`- Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Dave Plowman (News)
|         `* Pluto and AntiSpam.Martin
|          `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.News
|           `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Martin
|            +- Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.News
|            `- Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Richard Darby (news)
`* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Harriet Bazley
 `* Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Dave Plowman (News)
  `- Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.Harriet Bazley

1
Pluto and AntiSpam.

<5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=974&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#974

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Pluto and AntiSpam.
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:08:22 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:08 UTC

Just noticed that this combination no longer logs outgoing mails in Pluto
Log Mail as before with POPstar.

Got to be something simple I've missed setting. I've been through Logging
in the help file but can't seem to find this particular answer.

--
*When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane *

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=975&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#975

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Subject: Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:34:58 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:34 UTC

In article <5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> Just noticed that this combination no longer logs outgoing mails in
> Pluto Log Mail as before with POPstar.

Sorry, can you clarify exactly what you are referring to please?

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<0c19f49259.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=976&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#976

From: harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:53:20 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:53 UTC

On 29 Nov 2021 as I do recall,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> Just noticed that this combination no longer logs outgoing mails in Pluto
> Log Mail as before with POPstar.
>
> Got to be something simple I've missed setting. I've been through Logging
> in the help file but can't seem to find this particular answer.

AntiSpam's log files are handled by !SysLog and will appear in
<SysLog$LogDir>, not inside Pluto. If you are using !MSC bundled
inside AntiSpam (as I suspect you may be) to send *outgoing* e-mail,
then that will also log its activities in !SysLog.Logs.MSC

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Nothing is foolproof - to a sufficiently talented fool

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=977&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#977

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:08:52 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:08 UTC

In article <5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > Just noticed that this combination no longer logs outgoing mails in
> > Pluto Log Mail as before with POPstar.

> Sorry, can you clarify exactly what you are referring to please?

> > Got to be something simple I've missed setting. I've been through
> > Logging in the help file but can't seem to find this particular
> > answer.

Pluto Boxes.

Have Mail DaveXXXX
Store DaveXXXX
Log Mail

Previously, with POPstar, all outgoing emails were archived to Log Mail.

I'd like the same to happen with AntiSpam.

Pluto sorts incoming emails into the boxes I want as before.

--
*I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize *

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<599306210adave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=978&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#978

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:10:17 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:10 UTC

In article <0c19f49259.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2021 as I do recall,
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> > Just noticed that this combination no longer logs outgoing mails in
> > Pluto Log Mail as before with POPstar.
> >
> > Got to be something simple I've missed setting. I've been through
> > Logging in the help file but can't seem to find this particular answer.
> >
> AntiSpam's log files are handled by !SysLog and will appear in
> <SysLog$LogDir>, not inside Pluto. If you are using !MSC bundled
> inside AntiSpam (as I suspect you may be) to send *outgoing* e-mail,
> then that will also log its activities in !SysLog.Logs.MSC

So not possible to log them to a Pluto Box?

--
*It's this dirty because I washed it with your wife's knickers*

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=979&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#979

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:45:08 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:45 UTC

In article <599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk>,
Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> > Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Just noticed that this combination no longer logs outgoing
> > > mails in Pluto Log Mail as before with POPstar.

> > Sorry, can you clarify exactly what you are referring to please?

> > > Got to be something simple I've missed setting. I've been
> > > through Logging in the help file but can't seem to find this
> > > particular answer.

> Pluto Boxes.

> Have Mail DaveXXXX
> Store DaveXXXX
> Log Mail

> Previously, with POPstar, all outgoing emails were archived to Log
> Mail.

> I'd like the same to happen with AntiSpam.

I can see no way the change from POPstar to Antispam has affected what
you seem to be describing, as it sounds like a Pluto function.

If you Edit Details of a Pluto Box you will see...

1. an 'Archive To' setting ... but that only archives an article when
you click on the Archive button in a viewer window.

2. a 'Log Replies in this box' setting ... but that would save it in
the box you are sending from.

If you use Pluto Preferences -> Lists -> Users and edit a user there
is a setting for Log Box so all emails sent by that user are saved
there.

If none of that helps, can you explain what you mean by 'log' and
'archive'? They may mean different things to different people!

> Pluto sorts incoming emails into the boxes I want as before.

That is controlled by the Pluto filters you have, if the default
actions are insufficient - the users In Box setting.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<c5250b9359.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=980&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#980

From: harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:05:06 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:05 UTC

On 29 Nov 2021 as I do recall,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> In article <0c19f49259.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
> Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:

> > AntiSpam's log files are handled by !SysLog and will appear in
> > <SysLog$LogDir>, not inside Pluto. If you are using !MSC bundled
> > inside AntiSpam (as I suspect you may be) to send *outgoing* e-mail,
> > then that will also log its activities in !SysLog.Logs.MSC
>
> So not possible to log them to a Pluto Box?

AntiSpam just sends out logging messages to SysLog using the SWI
SysLog_LogMessage. SysLog allows applications to specify a leafname for
the log, but not to control its location -- logs written by this app are
always located in <SysLog$LogDir>.

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

It is better to have loved and lost than just to have lost.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=981&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#981

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:12:18 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:12 UTC

In article <59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> > Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Sorry, can you clarify exactly what you are referring to please?

> > Pluto Boxes.

> > Have Mail DaveXXXX
> > Store DaveXXXX
> > Log Mail

> > Previously, with POPstar, all outgoing emails were archived to Log
> > Mail.

> > I'd like the same to happen with AntiSpam.

> I can see no way the change from POPstar to Antispam has affected what
> you seem to be describing, as it sounds like a Pluto function.

> If you Edit Details of a Pluto Box you will see...

> 1. an 'Archive To' setting ... but that only archives an article when
> you click on the Archive button in a viewer window.

> 2. a 'Log Replies in this box' setting ... but that would save it in
> the box you are sending from.

> If you use Pluto Preferences -> Lists -> Users and edit a user there
> is a setting for Log Box so all emails sent by that user are saved
> there.

I've not altered them when Pluto was updated, and that's what they still
say. But it's not showing any mails written using Pluto since I started
using AntiSpam.

> If none of that helps, can you explain what you mean by 'log' and
> 'archive'? They may mean different things to different people!

A log could be anything. 'You sent a mail to XX on XXX' would be a log of
sorts. This stores the mail as sent. Meaning if a problem, can be re-sent.

> > Pluto sorts incoming emails into the boxes I want as before.

> That is controlled by the Pluto filters you have, if the default
> actions are insufficient - the users In Box setting.

It was just for info. If Pluto had wiped all my settings when I installed
the latest version, I'd not expect that to work either. Sort of thing.

--
*The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind *

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=982&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#982

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:37:20 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:37 UTC

In article <59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> > Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Pluto Boxes.

> > > Have Mail DaveXXXX
> > > Store DaveXXXX
> > > Log Mail

> > > Previously, with POPstar, all outgoing emails were archived to
> > > Log Mail.

> > > I'd like the same to happen with AntiSpam.

> > I can see no way the change from POPstar to Antispam has affected
> > what you seem to be describing, as it sounds like a Pluto
> > function.

> > If you Edit Details of a Pluto Box you will see...

> > 1. an 'Archive To' setting ... but that only archives an article
> > when you click on the Archive button in a viewer window.

> > 2. a 'Log Replies in this box' setting ... but that would save it
> > in the box you are sending from.

> > If you use Pluto Preferences -> Lists -> Users and edit a user
> > there is a setting for Log Box so all emails sent by that user
> > are saved there.

> I've not altered them when Pluto was updated, and that's what they
> still say. But it's not showing any mails written using Pluto
> since I started using AntiSpam.

> > If none of that helps, can you explain what you mean by 'log' and
> > 'archive'? They may mean different things to different people!

> A log could be anything. 'You sent a mail to XX on XXX' would be a
> log of sorts. This stores the mail as sent. Meaning if a problem,
> can be re-sent.

Can you please post (or email me privately to my Pluto address) an
example of what 'logs' you used to get that you no longer get?

This may help to reduce my state of confusion, as I still cannot see
any connection between your problem and Antispam.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<599318200edave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=983&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#983

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:26:51 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:26 UTC

In article <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> Can you please post (or email me privately to my Pluto address) an
> example of what 'logs' you used to get that you no longer get?

Sorry Martin, no idea what you mean by logs.

I was solely referring to the box called Log Mail in Pluto, and I'd be
most surprised if it was a name I gave it. It will be the default name
from my very first Pluto, many years ago. Although these days perhaps
called sent mail.

> This may help to reduce my state of confusion, as I still cannot see
> any connection between your problem and Antispam.

When something worked with POPStar as intended and not with a different
prog I tend to think I've missed a setting somewhere.

--
*Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=985&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#985

From: news@rjdarby.co.uk (Richard Darby (news))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 11:01:51 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Richard Darby (news) - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 11:01 UTC

In article <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> > Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:

> > > I can see no way the change from POPstar to Antispam has affected
> > > what you seem to be describing, as it sounds like a Pluto
> > > function.

> > > If you Edit Details of a Pluto Box you will see...

> > > 1. an 'Archive To' setting ... but that only archives an article
> > > when you click on the Archive button in a viewer window.

> > > 2. a 'Log Replies in this box' setting ... but that would save it
> > > in the box you are sending from.

> > > If you use Pluto Preferences -> Lists -> Users and edit a user
> > > there is a setting for Log Box so all emails sent by that user
> > > are saved there.

> > I've not altered them when Pluto was updated, and that's what they
> > still say. But it's not showing any mails written using Pluto
> > since I started using AntiSpam.

> > > If none of that helps, can you explain what you mean by 'log' and
> > > 'archive'? They may mean different things to different people!

> > A log could be anything. 'You sent a mail to XX on XXX' would be a
> > log of sorts. This stores the mail as sent. Meaning if a problem,
> > can be re-sent.

> Can you please post (or email me privately to my Pluto address) an
> example of what 'logs' you used to get that you no longer get?

> This may help to reduce my state of confusion, as I still cannot see
> any connection between your problem and Antispam.

Perhaps Dave was using the Sent Mail facility in Pluto before the change.
If he re-installed Pluto for use with Antispam he may have forgotten that
the !Run files need to be updated, in this case it is in
!Antispam.Resources.!MSC.Send - see Pluto Help Backup Sent facility.

Richard Darby.

--

Richard Darby.
website: http://www.rjdarby.co.uk

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=986&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#986

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 12:54:38 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 12:54 UTC

In article <599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk>,
Richard Darby (news) <news@rjdarby.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> > Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

> > > I've not altered them when Pluto was updated, and that's what they
> > > still say. But it's not showing any mails written using Pluto
> > > since I started using AntiSpam.

> > > A log could be anything. 'You sent a mail to XX on XXX' would be a
> > > log of sorts. This stores the mail as sent. Meaning if a problem,
> > > can be re-sent.

> > Can you please post (or email me privately to my Pluto address) an
> > example of what 'logs' you used to get that you no longer get?

> > This may help to reduce my state of confusion, as I still cannot see
> > any connection between your problem and Antispam.

> Perhaps Dave was using the Sent Mail facility in Pluto before the
> change.

I really don't remember setting anything up for this on my original Pluto
installation. Most of the boxes in Boxes List have rather obviously have
been named by me. Except Bin, News In, News Store, News Log and Log Mail.
So I don't think I set this one up.

> If he re-installed Pluto for use with Antispam he may have forgotten that
> the !Run files need to be updated, in this case it is in
> !Antispam.Resources.!MSC.Send - see Pluto Help Backup Sent facility.

That says as regards POPstar, you had to modify the Run file. Just looked
at mine (not now in use) and I hadn't. So I'm guessing we're still at
cross purposes.

Perhaps backup is the wrong term. All I want is sent mails to be easily
accessible from Pluto, as before when using POPstar.

--
*I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<59938d3396News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=988&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#988

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:45:38 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:45 UTC

In article <59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk>,
> Richard Darby (news) <news@rjdarby.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> > Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:

[Big Snip]

> > Perhaps Dave was using the Sent Mail facility in Pluto before the
> > change.

> I really don't remember setting anything up for this on my original
> Pluto installation.

Are you saying that this is a new Pluto installation?
Did you start from scratch, or what?

[Snip]

> Perhaps backup is the wrong term. All I want is sent mails to be
> easily accessible from Pluto, as before when using POPstar.

Right. Lets try to agree on terms. I *think* what you are wanting is:

When User xxxx writes a new email, the complete email should be saved
in Box yyyy when sent.

For the user in question, what is the setting for Log Box In
Preferences -> Lists -> Users?
I will say again: There is no way the change from POPstar to Antispam
has affected what you seem to be describing. That change seems to be
a coincidence. What else changed at the same time?

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<5993940e5cdave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=990&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#990

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:00:31 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:00 UTC

In article <59938d3396News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk>,
> > Richard Darby (news) <news@rjdarby.co.uk> wrote:
> > > In article <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> > > Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:

> [Big Snip]

> > > Perhaps Dave was using the Sent Mail facility in Pluto before the
> > > change.

> > I really don't remember setting anything up for this on my original
> > Pluto installation.

> Are you saying that this is a new Pluto installation?

No. I upgraded to the latest version. Having have used Pluto for many
years.

> Did you start from scratch, or what?

No. Only thing I changed in Pluto was in News/Mail Preferences. Mail
transport changed from POPstar to AntiSpam. Reason I got the latest
version of Pluto was AntiSpam v1.68 wasn't a choice on my older version.

> [Snip]

> > Perhaps backup is the wrong term. All I want is sent mails to be
> > easily accessible from Pluto, as before when using POPstar.

> Right. Lets try to agree on terms. I *think* what you are wanting is:

> When User xxxx writes a new email, the complete email should be saved
> in Box yyyy when sent.

Correct. Any mails I sent from Pluto used to end up in the Box called Log
Mail. With POPstar. But not since I changed to AntiSpam.

> For the user in question, what is the setting for Log Box In
> Preferences -> Lists -> Users?

Sorry to be confused. Menu Preferences doesn't show Lists.

Do you mean Menu Lists-> Users? That shows my email addresses and the user
ID I've given them.

For dave@*********.co.uk

The writable fields are obvious.

Inbox Mail Davesound
Copy blank
Log Box Log Mail.

Choices below those unticked

Mail List Server No

> I will say again: There is no way the change from POPstar to Antispam
> has affected what you seem to be describing. That change seems to be
> a coincidence. What else changed at the same time?

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=991&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#991

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 18:01:34 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 18:01 UTC

In article <5993940e5cdave@davenoise.co.uk>,
Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <59938d3396News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> > Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

[Big Snip]

> > Right. Lets try to agree on terms. I *think* what you are wanting
> > is:

> > When User xxxx writes a new email, the complete email should be
> > saved in Box yyyy when sent.

> Correct. Any mails I sent from Pluto used to end up in the Box
> called Log Mail. With POPstar. But not since I changed to AntiSpam.

> > For the user in question, what is the setting for Log Box In
> > Preferences -> Lists -> Users?

> Sorry to be confused. Menu Preferences doesn't show Lists.

> Do you mean Menu Lists-> Users? That shows my email addresses and
> the user ID I've given them.

Yes I did - sorry for that confusion.

> For dave@*********.co.uk

> The writable fields are obvious.

> Inbox Mail Davesound
> Copy blank
> Log Box Log Mail.
> Choices below those unticked
> Mail List Server No

All looks ok. I wonder if they are being put into another box somehow?

Can you try ...
- select ALL boxes in the boxes list
- Menu -> Open selection
- Click in Article List to gain focus
- F4 to open search box
- enter a text string from the subject of a recent sent email
select Subject, and un-select Search selection
- click New Subset

Does that find the email you sent? (You may need to sort by date)
If so, click on the email - What box is it in?
I have just tried this, and it was copied into the User Log Box when I
clicked Send in Pluto. AntiSpam had not touched the file that was
placed in the Outbound directory.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<59960f0229News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1044&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1044

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:35:53 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:35 UTC

In article <599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:

[Big Snip]

> All looks ok. I wonder if they are being put into another box
> somehow?

> Can you try ...
> - select ALL boxes in the boxes list
> - Menu -> Open selection
> - Click in Article List to gain focus
> - F4 to open search box
> - enter a text string from the subject of a recent sent email
> select Subject, and un-select Search selection
> - click New Subset

> Does that find the email you sent? (You may need to sort by date)
> If so, click on the email - What box is it in?

Did this find any sent emails?

I realised later that it would be easier in the Search & Select window
to just use the More button to display the Status selections - then
simply select only Search All, and click on OutGoing with a tick so
only sent emails will be selected when New Subset is clicked. Sort
the results by Date, and you should see all sent emails with the
latest first.

There may have been responses to my oringinal post that I missed, as
my newsgroup feed seems a little flaky at the moment.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<59961ab6e7dave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1047&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1047

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:43:46 +0000 (GMT)
References: <5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk> <5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk> <59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59938d3396News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5993940e5cdave@davenoise.co.uk> <599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <59960f0229News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:43 UTC

In article <59960f0229News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:

> [Big Snip]

> > All looks ok. I wonder if they are being put into another box
> > somehow?

> > Can you try ...
> > - select ALL boxes in the boxes list
> > - Menu -> Open selection
> > - Click in Article List to gain focus
> > - F4 to open search box
> > - enter a text string from the subject of a recent sent email
> > select Subject, and un-select Search selection
> > - click New Subset

> > Does that find the email you sent? (You may need to sort by date)
> > If so, click on the email - What box is it in?

> Did this find any sent emails?

I'm afraid I found it rather confusing.

> I realised later that it would be easier in the Search & Select window
> to just use the More button to display the Status selections - then
> simply select only Search All, and click on OutGoing with a tick so
> only sent emails will be selected when New Subset is clicked. Sort
> the results by Date, and you should see all sent emails with the
> latest first.

The Status side seems to be greyed out.

> There may have been responses to my oringinal post that I missed, as
> my newsgroup feed seems a little flaky at the moment.

--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Pluto and AntiSpam.

<5998b3b984News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1102&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1102

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 15:47:26 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 15:47 UTC

In article <599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:

[Big Snip]

> All looks ok. I wonder if they are being put into another box
> somehow?

> Can you try ...
> - select ALL boxes in the boxes list
> - Menu -> Open selection
> - Click in Article List to gain focus
> - F4 to open search box
> - enter a text string from the subject of a recent sent email
> select Subject, and un-select Search selection
> - click New Subset

> Does that find the email you sent? (You may need to sort by date)
> If so, click on the email - What box is it in?

Did this find any sent emails?

I realised later that it would be easier in the Search & Select window
to just use the More button to display the Status selections - then
simply select only Search All, and click on OutGoing with a tick so
only sent emails will be selected when New Subset is clicked. Sort
the results by Date, and you should see all sent emails with the
latest first.

There may have been responses to my oringinal post that I missed, as
my newsgroup feed seems a little flaky at the moment.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<5998baa5cachrisjohnson@spamcop.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1103&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1103

From: chrisjohnson@spamcop.net (News)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:03:03 +0000 (GMT)
References: <5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk> <5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk> <59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59938d3396News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5993940e5cdave@davenoise.co.uk> <599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5998b3b984News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>
 by: News - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:03 UTC

In article <5998b3b984News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> There may have been responses to my oringinal post that I missed, as
> my newsgroup feed seems a little flaky at the moment.

Indeed. PlusNet's Giganews feed seems to be rather broken, with lots
of missing posts. A couple of posts I made recently have never
appeared in my downloads. There were a number of posts about this on
the plusnet.service.customer-feedback group, but that seems to have
gone very quiet.

--
Chris Johnson

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<5998bee2d4News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1104&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1104

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:49:20 +0000 (GMT)
References: <5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk> <5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk> <59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59938d3396News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5993940e5cdave@davenoise.co.uk> <599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5998b3b984News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5998baa5cachrisjohnson@spamcop.net>
 by: Martin - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:49 UTC

In article <5998baa5cachrisjohnson@spamcop.net>,
News <chrisjohnson@spamcop.net> wrote:
> In article <5998b3b984News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> > There may have been responses to my oringinal post that I missed,
> > as my newsgroup feed seems a little flaky at the moment.

> Indeed. PlusNet's Giganews feed seems to be rather broken, with lots
> of missing posts. A couple of posts I made recently have never
> appeared in my downloads. There were a number of posts about this on
> the plusnet.service.customer-feedback group, but that seems to have
> gone very quiet.

So there are! At least it is not only me. I have just posted to the
Plusnet community forum, as I could find no references there.

I used to subscribe to the force9 usenet posts, but they vanished a
long time ago. I was not aware that there were some plusnet ones. Is
that the only 'active' one?

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid
without notice if (when) any spam is received.

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<5998c06809chrisjohnson@spamcop.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1105&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1105

From: chrisjohnson@spamcop.net (News)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 18:05:57 +0000 (GMT)
References: <5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk> <5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk> <59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59938d3396News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5993940e5cdave@davenoise.co.uk> <599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5998b3b984News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5998baa5cachrisjohnson@spamcop.net> <5998bee2d4News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>
 by: News - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 18:05 UTC

In article <5998bee2d4News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> I used to subscribe to the force9 usenet posts, but they vanished a
> long time ago. I was not aware that there were some plusnet ones. Is
> that the only 'active' one?

There used to be a 'status' one, and an 'announce' one, but both
ceased traffic a long time ago. They are both nominally still in my
'fetch list', but I think it is many years ago they ceased. PlusNet
would rather everyone used their community forum.

--
Chris Johnson

Re: Pluto and AntiSpam.

<5998c5daefnews@rjdarby.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1106&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1106

From: news@rjdarby.co.uk (Richard Darby (news))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 19:05:28 +0000 (GMT)
References: <5992effb36dave@davenoise.co.uk> <5992f26a51News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599305ff8fdave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930951ecNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <59930bcdc4dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59930e18abNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <599373375dnews@rjdarby.co.uk> <59937d8b00dave@davenoise.co.uk> <59938d3396News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5993940e5cdave@davenoise.co.uk> <599399a54fNews03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5998b3b984News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> <5998baa5cachrisjohnson@spamcop.net> <5998bee2d4News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>
 by: Richard Darby (news) - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 19:05 UTC

In article <5998bee2d4News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <5998b3b984News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>,
> > Martin <News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> > > There may have been responses to my oringinal post that I missed,
> > > as my newsgroup feed seems a little flaky at the moment.

> > Indeed. PlusNet's Giganews feed seems to be rather broken, with lots
> > of missing posts. A couple of posts I made recently have never
> > appeared in my downloads. There were a number of posts about this on
> > the plusnet.service.customer-feedback group, but that seems to have
> > gone very quiet.

> So there are! At least it is not only me. I have just posted to the
> Plusnet community forum, as I could find no references there.

So that's what is happening. Earlier today Newshound reported 4 news
messages to download but only one was downloaded. Further up this thread
I replied to a message but didn't see it in the feed although Dave Plowman
did reply to it.

Richard Darby.