I can't drive 55.

computers / comp.os.linux.advocacy / Re: In America, only women ( or men who identify as women ) can be generals.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Men's and women's brains do work differently, new research proves%
+* Welcome to a Linux newsgroup. (was: Re: Men's and women's brains do work differevallor
|`- Re: Welcome to a Linux newsgroup.Chris Ahlstrom
`* Re: Men's and women's brains do work differently, new research provesIncubus
 `* Re: Men's and women's brains do work differently, new research provesChris Ahlstrom
  `- Re: In America, only women ( or men who identify as women ) can be generals.Chris Ahlstrom

1
Re: Men's and women's brains do work differently, new research proves

<W6qcnTHbVrBaAUb4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10594&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#10594

Subject: Re: Men's and women's brains do work differently, new research proves
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: pursent100@gmail.com (%)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 13:02:16 -0700
 by: % - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 20:02 UTC

chrisv wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> chrisv wrote:
>>>
>>> Of course it's fine that someone wishes that they were something they
>>> are not, and can never be...
>>
>> Jesus Haploid Christ, modern medicine can sometimes work miracles!
>
> No it can't.

too long didn't read

Welcome to a Linux newsgroup. (was: Re: Men's and women's brains do work differently, new research proves)

<uri2oq$2hhjr$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10624&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#10624

From: vallor@cultnix.org (vallor)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Welcome to a Linux newsgroup. (was: Re: Men's and women's brains do
work differently, new research proves)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 13:12:58 -0000 (UTC)
XL'`91kd%N::LG:=*\35JS0prp\VJN^<s"b#bff@fA7]5lJA.jn,x_d%Md$,{.EZ
 by: vallor - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 13:12 UTC

On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 08:00:13 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
wrote in <uri20t$2hok5$1@dont-email.me>:

> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]

Why would you do that?

ObLinux:

_[/home/vallor]_(vallor@lm)🐧_
$ uname -a
Linux lm 6.7.6 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Feb 25 11:17:22 PST 2024 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Built that yesterday morning.

Wondering if someone knows how to set architecture to
"native" for Linux compilation, as I'm
interested if that makes a noticeable difference
in performance.

--
-v

Re: Welcome to a Linux newsgroup.

<uriahm$2jivc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10626&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#10626

From: OFeem1987@teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Welcome to a Linux newsgroup.
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 10:25:42 -0500
 by: Chris Ahlstrom - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 15:25 UTC

vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 08:00:13 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
> wrote in <uri20t$2hok5$1@dont-email.me>:
>
>> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
>
> Why would you do that?

It's not my call.

Similar to me telling someone to turn their Windows box into a Steam machine.

> ObLinux:
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux lm 6.7.6 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Feb 25 11:17:22 PST 2024 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Built that yesterday morning.
>
> Wondering if someone knows how to set architecture to "native" for Linux
> compilation, as I'm interested if that makes a noticeable difference in
> performance.

Processor type and features
Subarchitecture Type
(X) PC-compatible
( ) AMD Elan
( ) Voyager (NCR)
( ) NUMAQ (IBM/Sequent)
( ) Summit/EXA (IBM x440)
( ) Support for other sub-arch SMP systems with more than 8 CPUs
( ) SGI 320/540 (Visual Workstation)
( ) Generic architecture (Summit, bigsmp, ES7000, default)
( ) Support for Unisys ES7000 IA32 series

Here maybe? Been years since configured a kernel.

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.

Re: Men's and women's brains do work differently, new research proves

<slrnuts6rl.v33.u9536612@localhost.localdomain>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10650&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#10650

From: u9536612@gmail.com (Incubus)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 17:27:17 -0000 (UTC)
<1sgmtipfhkp73d0m7bm781e4clm138bn64@4ax.com> <urflh6$1tidg$2@dont-email.me>
<he6nti1pq09mmpk5f8nhu11nld45343mek@4ax.com>
<W6qcnTHbVrBaAUb4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uri20t$2hok5$1@dont-email.me> <5k3ptihtvsgbthmpkpm6davh2p4js50rtf@4ax.com>
<uri9td$2jivc$1@dont-email.me> <u4vpti95uka0cv429nnaghi3tvdjpob2ej@4ax.com>
<urj0gr$2or4j$1@dont-email.me>
<KrWcnc290JV9vkD4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<urjeco$2mmok$2@dont-email.me> <j1mrtitbgp3pgddbguv8d7708n18csjeei@4ax.com>
<url1ka$39i9e$3@dont-email.me>
 by: Incubus - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 17:27 UTC

On 2024-02-27, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
> chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> vallor wrote:
>>
>>>TL;DR: Gender is a spectrum.
>>
>> Gender is binary. The presence of defects does not change that.
>
> Is gender a legal concept, a social concept, a medical concept, or a
> psychological concept?

Having numerous definitions of quite a basic concept is a rather modern
phenomenon that just seems to me intended to blur the lines and negate
what has been common sense up until now.

Medical science, unless the textbooks are being rewritten due to a long
march through the institutions, has always been concerned with being
male and female. Any genetic aberration that leads to characteristics
of both genders is known as "intersex" (previously hermaphroditism) - in
other words, between the two sexes (which is still a gender binary).

Legal, social and psychological concepts are constructs. Anyone is free
to adopt their own psychological construct of gender or pretty much
anything that one can imagine. The problems begin when people try to
force their psychological constructs on everyone else.

> Is defect a legal concept, a social concept, a medical concept, or a
> psychological concept?

My above response should suffice here also.

> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8799808/
>
> Many LGBTQIA + people have been forced to undergo “treatments” attempting
> to change their sexual orientation, and others have been pressured to
> undergo “treatments” to avoid discrimination and social stigma Genetics and
> eugenics have both contributed to trans-erasure and TGD pathologization
> worldwide, most notably through the forced sterilization of
> LGBTQIA + people, TGD people specifically, as well as individuals with
> disabilities (seen in Nazi Germany, the USA, Finland, Sweden, and Japan,
> amongst others).

This is an example of Critical Theory being accepted as fact. The trans
lobby are pushing for "treatments" that clearly don't work when one
considers the 41 percent suicide rate and number of people who regret,
going by what they say, mutilating their bodies. The trans lobby are
pushing for these "treatments" to be available for children and have
members of the medical establishment denying or outright lying about the
harms caused by puberty blockers. Historical and ongoing negative
attitudes towards LGB people to-gether with forced treatment do not
automatically disprove that people who believe they are in the wrong
body have a psychological disorder, any more than they disprove that
people who are convinced that their left leg is not theirs and want it
to be amputated have a psychological disorder.

Never before in the history of psychiatry and psychology have the people
suffering from delusion been given carte blanche to write the rules of
their condition and dictate what can be said about it. It really is a
case of the lunatics being given the keys to the asylum.

Re: Men's and women's brains do work differently, new research proves

<urlb7j$3br4e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10659&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#10659

From: OFeem1987@teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 13:55:47 -0500
<1sgmtipfhkp73d0m7bm781e4clm138bn64@4ax.com> <urflh6$1tidg$2@dont-email.me>
<he6nti1pq09mmpk5f8nhu11nld45343mek@4ax.com>
<W6qcnTHbVrBaAUb4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uri20t$2hok5$1@dont-email.me> <5k3ptihtvsgbthmpkpm6davh2p4js50rtf@4ax.com>
<uri9td$2jivc$1@dont-email.me> <u4vpti95uka0cv429nnaghi3tvdjpob2ej@4ax.com>
<urj0gr$2or4j$1@dont-email.me>
<KrWcnc290JV9vkD4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>
<urjeco$2mmok$2@dont-email.me> <j1mrtitbgp3pgddbguv8d7708n18csjeei@4ax.com>
<url1ka$39i9e$3@dont-email.me>
<slrnuts6rl.v33.u9536612@localhost.localdomain>
 by: Chris Ahlstrom - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 18:55 UTC

Incubus wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-02-27, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
>> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
>> chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> Gender is binary. The presence of defects does not change that.
>>
>> Is gender a legal concept, a social concept, a medical concept, or a
>> psychological concept?
>
> Having numerous definitions of quite a basic concept is a rather modern
> phenomenon that just seems to me intended to blur the lines and negate
> what has been common sense up until now.
>
> Medical science, unless the textbooks are being rewritten due to a long
> march through the institutions, has always been concerned with being
> male and female. Any genetic aberration that leads to characteristics
> of both genders is known as "intersex" (previously hermaphroditism) - in
> other words, between the two sexes (which is still a gender binary).
>
> Legal, social and psychological concepts are constructs. Anyone is free
> to adopt their own psychological construct of gender or pretty much
> anything that one can imagine. The problems begin when people try to
> force their psychological constructs on everyone else.
>

>> Is defect a legal concept, a social concept, a medical concept, or a
>> psychological concept?
>
> My above response should suffice here also.
>
>> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8799808/
>>
>> Many LGBTQIA + people have been forced to undergo “treatments” attempting
>> to change their sexual orientation, and others have been pressured to
>> undergo “treatments” to avoid discrimination and social stigma Genetics and
>> eugenics have both contributed to trans-erasure and TGD pathologization
>> worldwide, most notably through the forced sterilization of
>> LGBTQIA + people, TGD people specifically, as well as individuals with
>> disabilities (seen in Nazi Germany, the USA, Finland, Sweden, and Japan,
>> amongst others).
>
> This is an example of Critical Theory being accepted as fact. The trans
> lobby are pushing for "treatments" that clearly don't work when one
> considers the 41 percent suicide rate ...

Apparently, the suicide rate without the surgery is 73%.

> and number of people who regret,
> going by what they say, mutilating their bodies. The trans lobby are
> pushing for these "treatments" to be available for children and have
> members of the medical establishment denying or outright lying about the
> harms caused by puberty blockers. Historical and ongoing negative
> attitudes towards LGB people to-gether with forced treatment do not
> automatically disprove that people who believe they are in the wrong
> body have a psychological disorder, any more than they disprove that
> people who are convinced that their left leg is not theirs and want it
> to be amputated have a psychological disorder.

There always seem to be some people in any group who try to take over the group
and push their agenda on the group. These are scientifically known as
"assholes". The Heritage Foundation is another example.

> Never before in the history of psychiatry and psychology have the people
> suffering from delusion been given carte blanche to write the rules of
> their condition and dictate what can be said about it. It really is a
> case of the lunatics being given the keys to the asylum.

I don't really agree (it's often /not/ a delusion), but thanks for the calm
response. I would prefer though, that each family and their medical consultants
be somewhat free to control their own circumstances and solutions.

--
Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Re: In America, only women ( or men who identify as women ) can be generals.

<urlph4$3etgh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10678&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#10678

From: OFeem1987@teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: In America, only women ( or men who identify as women ) can be
generals.
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 17:59:47 -0500
 by: Chris Ahlstrom - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 22:59 UTC

Relf wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> You (Ahlstrom) replied ( to Incubus ):
>> > This is an example of Critical Theory being accepted as fact.
>> > The trans lobby are pushing for "treatments" that clearly don't
>> > work when one considers the 41 percent suicide rate ...
>>
>> Apparently, the suicide rate without the surgery is 73%.
>
> In America, only women ( or men who identify as women ) can be generals.

You fulla sheet bruh.

--
When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened
or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I

computers / comp.os.linux.advocacy / Re: In America, only women ( or men who identify as women ) can be generals.