Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
Subject: Web sites that don't play nice with Seamonkey
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 16:32:41 GMT
 by: Charlie Gibbs - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 16:32 UTC

I only recently discovered this newsgroup, although I've been using
Seamonkey ever since Firefox release 29 (when they made a lot of
changes to the user interface that I don't like). I see that a
lot of people mention specific web sites that Seamonkey has trouble
rendering. Is there a central list of such sites? If so, it might
help identify common traits that could help set priorities in future
Seamonkey fixes.

I've noticed that on a number of web sites, only a blank screen -
or one with just a heading or a few gadgets around the side - is
displayed. Sometimes, just to tantalize me, the body of the page
will briefly disapper, then go blank. My current pet peeve web site
is Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com).

I was running Seamonkey version 2.53.17, but thanks to this newsgroup
I found and downloaded 2.53.18 beta 1 pre. It doesn't solve all my
problems, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. It will
display much more of the Dropbox screen (i.e. a list of my files),
but extra options like share, delete, etc. still don't come up when
I hover over a file name. Also, the "Upload" and "Create" buttons
at the top of the page are not completely rendered; the "Upload"
button is just a blank blue box, while "Create" is invisible but
otherwise functional. Other hot spots are similarly invisible.

If there are any tests or other things I can do to help Seamonkey
development, let me know.

--
/~\ Charlie Gibbs | Life is perverse.
\ / <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid> | It can be beautiful -

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Web sites that don't play nice with Seamonkey