From: nospam.Mike.Dippel@f393.n135.z1.fidonet.org (Mike Dippel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Routing Settings for Fido
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:49:24 +1200
 by: Mike Dippel - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 22:49 UTC

I believe I saw in a video from Avon that the routing info should read:
1* 2* 3* 4*

I tried to send a netmail to someone other than my hub. The netmail did not go
direct to the address, but went to the hub.

The hub asked me to change the setting to:
1:* 2:* 3:* 4:*
and it still didn't go through.

I'm running vA47 Is this a known problem with this version, or is there a
better setting for Routing that works?

Mike Dippel

Re: Routing Settings for Fido

<3479177255@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1005&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1005

From: nospam.Jay.Harris@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Routing Settings for Fido
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 11:51:10 +1200
 by: Jay Harris - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 23:51 UTC

On 27 Feb 2022, Mike Dippel said the following...
MD> I tried to send a netmail to someone other than my hub. The netmail did
MD> not go direct to the address, but went to the hub.

Try running:

mutil poll route

And it should give you some guidance. Mine looks like this:

$ ./mis poll route

Netmail Route (Top-Down Priority)

Route 21:3/110.2 to 21:3/110.2
Route 21:1/10 to 21:1/10
Route 77:1/156.10 to 77:1/156.10
Route 80:774/114.10 to 80:774/114.10
Route 3:770/* to 3:770/1
Route 2:221/* to 2:221/6
Route 2:280/* to 2:280/5555
Route 2:250/1 to 2:250/1
Route 954:* to 954:895/1
Route 25:* to 25:25/0
Route 618:* to 618:500/1
Route 80:* to 80:774/1
Route 1337:* to 1337:3/100
Route 77:* to 77:3/1
Route 42:* to 42:1/1
Route 21:* to 21:3/100
Route 1:* 2:* 3:* 4:* to 1:229/426

You'll want to make sure that any specific nodes you have setup appear above a
wildcard entry. You can copy a node entry in echomail nodes and move it above
and entry with a wildcard it in Echomail Nodes.

Also make sure you enter their node number in the "Route Info" field. e.g:

Node ID 18 (21:3/110.2@fsxnet)

Active Yes
Description Test Node
SysOp Name Jay Harris
Address 21:3/110.2
Domain fsxnet
Session Type Directory
Archive Type ZIP
Export Type Normal
Route Info 21:3/110.2

Jay

.... If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Re: Routing Settings for Fido

<3644992955@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1009&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1009

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 10:54:13 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 22:54 UTC

MD> I believe I saw in a video from Avon that the routing info should read:
MD> 1* 2* 3* 4*

Avon's videos are a bit outdated in terms of routing, but in general the same
system exists today. You shouldn't need to do anything in your routing for
Netmails to be routed through the network.

MD> I tried to send a netmail to someone other than my hub. The netmail did
MD> not go direct to the address, but went to the hub.

The mail will not go direct to the node if they are not configured to go
direct. It will route through the network and get sent to the receiver's node.

MD> The hub asked me to change the setting to:
MD> 1:* 2:* 3:* 4:* and it still didn't go through.

What this is doing is saying that you want all netmail addressed to zones
1,2,3,4 (IE all of FidoNet) to be sent to this node. It sounds like you don't
want that at all.

.... When all else fails, read the instructions

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Re: Routing Settings for Fido