From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 08:17:05 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 08:17 UTC

Rwanda asylum plan: First removal flight will take off, foreign secretary says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61791994?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 7:36 AM
It is a key part of a strategy to tackle "appalling people smugglers", the foreign secretary says.
--------------------
NI Protocol: UK reveals plans to ditch parts of EU Brexit deal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61790248?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 9:42 PM
The UK publishes plans to ditch parts of Northern Ireland Protocol but the EU says the move would break international law.
--------------------
Rising prices see regular pay drop at fastest rate in a decade
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61794166?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 7:29 AM
Pay excluding bonuses is failing to keep up with rising prices, official statistics show.
--------------------
Lysychansk: Russia erasing history in Ukraine's 'dead city'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61785806?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 9:00 PM
The fabric of Lysychansk is being destroyed by intense Russian bombardment, writes Orla Guerin.
--------------------
Nicola Sturgeon to launch fresh Scottish independence campaign
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61785553?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 5:31 PM
Scotland's first minister says she still plans to hold a referendum by the end of next year.
--------------------
Britney Spears' ex Jason Alexander charged with stalking her at wedding
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61793238?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 2:53 AM
Jason Alexander, 40, pleaded not guilty to felony stalking after allegedly crashing Spears' wedding.
--------------------
January 6 hearing: Trump slams inquiry as 'Kangaroo Court'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61793128?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 1:52 AM
He says the investigation is meant to distract from the "disaster" of Democratic-led governance.
--------------------
Lizzo changes derogatory lyric after backlash
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61794502?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 6:02 AM
The pop star had been criticised by disability advocates over her latest single, Grrrls.
--------------------
Climate change: New fossil fuel funding is 'delusional' says UN chief
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61786545?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 7:50 AM
UN chief Antonio Guterres warns that the rush to find new sources of coal, oil and gas is a major mistake.
--------------------
'How to murder your husband' writer sentenced for murdering husband
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61786575?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 5:10 PM
The romance novelist once wrote that anyone could commit a murder "when pushed far enough".
--------------------
Huge plan to map the DNA of all life in British Isles
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61747729?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 11:02 PM
Scientists are planning to sequence the genomes of all species, including plants, animals, fungi, found in Britain and Ireland.
--------------------
The papers: Rwanda flight 'shames UK' and EU legal threat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-61792691?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 4:18 AM
The papers cover reaction to the deportation of asylum seekers and the row over Brexit goods checks.
--------------------
Ros Atkins on… The Rwanda asylum seekers plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61792660?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 9:21 PM
Ros Atkins looks at the government’s controversial plan to fly some illegal arrivals to Rwanda.
--------------------
Writing a book in a day to get more kids reading
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-61788420?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 11:30 PM
South African charity Book Dash is creating children's books in super-fast time.
--------------------
Falkland Islands soldier: 'I joined the Army to give something back'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-61789867?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 6:11 AM
Soldier Sara Halford was born in the Falkland Islands three months before the 1982 war began.
--------------------
BBC unveils modernised flagship TV news studio
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61785325?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 9:00 PM
The upgraded set is revealed to viewers during Monday's BBC News at Ten.
--------------------
Sheffield: 'I Love You Will U Marry Me' graffiti reinstated
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-61784910?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 6:52 AM
The famous proposal has been repainted at Sheffield's Park Hill flats after being removed in 2021.
--------------------
Ramsay Hunt syndrome: 'It's taken away my independence'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-61785955?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 4:03 PM
Justin Bieber recently revealed he's been diagnosed with the condition, which is linked to shingles.
--------------------
Google engineer says Lamda AI system may have its own feelings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-61784011?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 3:25 PM
One of the firm's software engineers believes chats with an AI system suggest it has feelings.
--------------------
Ghostbusters fan wish comes true on Leeds library ghoul hunt
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-61771569?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 9:42 AM
George, eight, spent the day chasing ghosts around Leeds Central Library.
--------------------
Falklands War: 'I thought I was the only one like this'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61787269?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 12:14 AM
The end of the Falklands War saw a gradual change in how we treat post-traumatic stress disorder.
--------------------
Operose Health: What I saw working undercover at a GP surgery
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61759641?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 2:03 PM
BBC Panorama reporter Jacqui Wakefield worked as a receptionist at an Operose Health GP practice.
--------------------
Vaping - is it a risk-free option?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61759776?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 10:53 PM
Colourful gadgets and fruity flavours are popular, but what is really known about their health effects?
--------------------
Brexit: What is the Northern Ireland Protocol?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53724381?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 5:37 PM
The Northern Ireland Protocol is at the centre of a dispute between the UK and the EU.
--------------------
Chris McGlade: How I forgave my dad's killer - and made it funny
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61743795?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 12:15 AM
Stand-up comic Chris McGlade on turning his father's 2011 murder into a comedy show.
--------------------
Why is inflation in US higher than elsewhere?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61569559?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 11:36 PM
A surge in government spending drove US inflation to the highest of advanced economies last year.
--------------------
Could flat tyres soon be a thing of the past?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61644033?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 11:18 PM
Airless tyres that do not puncture are getting close to market but some remain sceptical about them.
--------------------
Ukraine war round-up: City cut off and a story of escape
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61789019?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 6:51 PM
All bridges to a key city are destroyed and one woman tells of her escape to England.
--------------------
Why are asylum seekers being sent to Rwanda and how many could go?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-61782866?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 5:22 PM
The government wants to send some asylum seekers to Rwanda in a bid to reduce Channel crossings
--------------------
England v New Zealand: Second Test set for 'classic' finish - Michael Vaughan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61791968?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 7:01 PM
England's second Test against New Zealand is set for a "classic" finish, according to Michael Vaughan.
--------------------
2022 World Cup: Australia's dancing sub keeper Andrew Redmayne makes winning save
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/61792851?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 10:11 PM
Watch the moment Australia reach the 2022 World Cup, as substitute goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne saves Alex Valera's final spot-kick in the shootout.
--------------------
Bryson DeChambeau calls LIV Golf series involvement 'a business decision'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/61794274?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 7:50 AM
Bryson DeChambeau says it is "a business decision" to turn his back on the PGA Tour and join the Saudi-funded LIV Golf series.
--------------------
NBA Finals: Andrew Wiggins stars as Golden State Warriors beat Boston Celtics to close on title
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/basketball/61794266?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 6:09 AM
The Golden State Warriors are one win away from a seventh NBA title after Andrew Wiggins inspires his team to a 104-94 win over the Boston Celtics.
--------------------
Afghanistan women's team: They escaped the Taliban but face uncertain football future
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61744830?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 11:01 PM
Fati and her Afghanistan team-mates had to "fight to survive" as they escaped from the Taliban. Now they face an uncertain future.
--------------------
Grenfell's legacy: Should I 'stay put' if there's a fire in my tower block?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61724372?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 12, 2022, 11:00 AM
After it failed at Grenfell, why are people still being told to "stay put" in tower block fires?
--------------------
Unsafe cladding: What is it and who pays to remove it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56015129?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 13, 2022, 3:45 PM
The government says firms, not leaseholders, must pay to remove unsafe cladding from all buildings
--------------------
Grenfell Tower: What happened
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40301289?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 29, 2019, 10:27 AM
Images, maps and graphics explaining how the devastating fire at Grenfell Tower may have started and how it spread.
--------------------
Grenfell Tower fire: How music helps young people cope
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61637613?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 14, 2022, 12:22 AM
Kids on the Green was originally set up for young people as an emergency response to the 2017 disaster.
Grenfell Tower inquiry: 9 things we now know about the cladding
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56403431?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 23, 2021, 2:24 AM
A public inquiry has questioned employees of the metals firm that supplied cladding for Grenfell.

Click here to read the complete article