From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Minor bug fixes in rslight
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 23:01:33 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 23:01 UTC

Now that the rss feature seems to be working fine, I have spent some time on some minor bug fixes:

There was an old bug that exists in newsportal that would sometimes log the date of an article in it's database as '0', which would then display as 51 years ago on the site. Now, the rslight database is checked instead and it seems to be working ok.

When I consolidated registering into one php file, I missed some links to old files. That is now fixed.

This one wasn't a bug, but it made sense to change it: When searching a Message-ID, rslight now searches the entire site, not just the section you are in.

There are a few more fixes/improvements I want to make before moving on to any new features, but new features are coming.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Minor bug fixes in rslight

<e3e4b69c30554172b9277f3f6c862947@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=428&group=rocksolid.nodes#428

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Re: Minor bug fixes in rslight
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 03:59:37 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 03:59 UTC

I've modified the overboard to be MUCH faster. It no longer rebuilds when the cache expires, it simply appends the new articles. So the first time it's run, it takes a while, then it's fast after that.

I've also integrated nocem into overboard, so deleted articles are immediately deleted from the overboard, including from the cache.

--
Retro Guy