Killing is stupid; useless! -- McCoy, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8

rocksolid / Offtopic / Re: Fentanyl

SubjectAuthor
* FentanylRetro Guy
+* FentanylAnonymous
|`- FentanylRetro Guy
+* FentanylSyber Shock
|`* FentanylRetro Guy
| `- FentanylAnonymous
`* FentanylMarco Moock
 `* FentanylAnonymous
  +- FentanylAnonymous
  `- FentanylRetro Guy

1
Fentanyl

<b6d66a8e2e10eb17bb6700c529bc4ef4@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=345&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#345

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Fentanyl
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 04:34:58 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 04:34 UTC

I posted this in offtopic because it's offtopic.

Just read this in an EFF article:
"This bill aims to cut down on the illegal sales of fentanyl"

I never really thought about it as someone who does not partake in drugs,
so I just assumed fentanyl was only illegal. But while I was in hospital
the past few months, and as recently as this past Monday for a procedure,
Fentanyl is what was used to put me out. So I guess now I'm a fentanyl
user, lol.

It sure does the trick, I have no memory of the several times I've had it
used to put me under, and Monday I apparently "drunk" texted my wife
a bunch of gibberish while coming back out of it.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Fentanyl

<0c30889c24884ec31ebeff8e592f8a3d@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=346&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#346

From: Anonymous@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Re: Fentanyl
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 18:36:25 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 18:36 UTC

>as someone who does not partake in drugs,

you are missing out on some good stuff, brother

>But while I was in hospital the past few months,
>So I guess now I'm a fentanyl user, lol.

i sure hope for you that you can leave that habit in the hospital.
personally, i wouldn't take it if i was paid to, i have heard say it's like heroin times one hundred
my remark above was more referring to weed and the like....

>It sure does the trick, I have no memory of the several times I've had it
>used to put me under, and Monday I apparently "drunk" texted my wife
>a bunch of gibberish while coming back out of it.

i don't know what you're going through, but i wish you good luck and fast recovery

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Fentanyl

<34a477e4f4b6b32f08d6cbce4b4555b7$1@sybershock.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=347&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#347

From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 14:50:35 -0500
logging-data="9133"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 19:50 UTC

On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 04:34:58 +0000
retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

> I posted this in offtopic because it's offtopic.
>
> Just read this in an EFF article:
> "This bill aims to cut down on the illegal sales of fentanyl"

It's a clever ruse they are using for their unconstitutional
surveillance agenda. Do you think people will buy it?
> I never really thought about it as someone who does not partake in
> drugs, so I just assumed fentanyl was only illegal. But while I was
> in hospital the past few months, and as recently as this past Monday
> for a procedure, Fentanyl is what was used to put me out. So I guess
> now I'm a fentanyl user, lol.
>
> It sure does the trick, I have no memory of the several times I've
> had it used to put me under, and Monday I apparently "drunk" texted
> my wife a bunch of gibberish while coming back out of it.

That is a hoot. This reminds me of amusing, silly youtube videos
of people coming out of anesthesia after surgery. They say some strange
and funny things.

--
SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Fentanyl

<u2iphq$2t4ia$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=348&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#348

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 11:55:06 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 09:55 UTC

Am 28.04.2023 um 04:34:58 Uhr schrieb Retro Guy:

> Just read this in an EFF article:
> "This bill aims to cut down on the illegal sales of fentanyl"

If there are any people who want to buy it, the will be sellers.

In Germany, many drugs like cannabis are illegal - even students in
middle school sell it.

I simply have an easy answer to that:

It is the fault of the users. They decide to take it, they have the
problem with it.

Re: Fentanyl

<50c4b6579a667b628d07e53a68ddd993@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=349&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#349

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:09:10 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:09 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

>>as someone who does not partake in drugs,

> you are missing out on some good stuff, brother

>>But while I was in hospital the past few months,
>>So I guess now I'm a fentanyl user, lol.

> i sure hope for you that you can leave that habit in the hospital.
> personally, i wouldn't take it if i was paid to, i have heard say it's like heroin times one hundred

I don't know about Fentanyl being tempting, I really have no memories of it other than
falling asleep really fast, then waking up (really just being awake) I have no idea how much later.

If I were to opt for a really awesome drug that I took regularly in hospital, it would be Dilaudid. That stuff was awesome, lol.

> my remark above was more referring to weed and the like....

I have a strange history with weed. Many years ago I tried the passing the joint around stuff (back in the 80s) and for some reason never had any feeling or effect. I've tried it again recently as edibles (mostly gummies, but also some vaping), and have absolutely no effect, no matter how much.

It's strange, I really have no idea what the effect of weed is personally as it seems to not do anything for me :(

>>It sure does the trick, I have no memory of the several times I've had it
>>used to put me under, and Monday I apparently "drunk" texted my wife
>>a bunch of gibberish while coming back out of it.

> i don't know what you're going through, but i wish you good luck and fast recovery

Thanks!

--
Retro Guy

Re: Fentanyl

<cc0697dd461821aa31da1b5080879424@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=350&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#350

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:12:07 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:12 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 04:34:58 +0000
> retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

>> I posted this in offtopic because it's offtopic.
>>
>> Just read this in an EFF article:
>> "This bill aims to cut down on the illegal sales of fentanyl"

> It's a clever ruse they are using for their unconstitutional
> surveillance agenda. Do you think people will buy it?

Exactly. Drug war is for what you say, and anything to surveil the
internet is solely to protect children. You care about children, don't
you? (Unless you're a big player, then none of this applies to you)

>> I never really thought about it as someone who does not partake in
>> drugs, so I just assumed fentanyl was only illegal. But while I was
>> in hospital the past few months, and as recently as this past Monday
>> for a procedure, Fentanyl is what was used to put me out. So I guess
>> now I'm a fentanyl user, lol.
>>
>> It sure does the trick, I have no memory of the several times I've
>> had it used to put me under, and Monday I apparently "drunk" texted
>> my wife a bunch of gibberish while coming back out of it.

> That is a hoot. This reminds me of amusing, silly youtube videos
> of people coming out of anesthesia after surgery. They say some strange
> and funny things.

Exactly :)

--
Retro Guy

Re: Fentanyl

<5634f9335cd5aeeac9a88c0c651ffe78@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=351&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#351

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 21:41:41 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 21:41 UTC

>Exactly. Drug war is for what you say, and anything to surveil the
>internet is solely to protect children.

-war on drugs
-war on terror
-war on cp
-war on $randomReason

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Fentanyl

<8c439e7e610d35a02b9c176350ea1667@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=352&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#352

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 22:19:00 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 22:19 UTC

Up until now I didn't know they used fentanyl in hospitals, that's interesting. I also wish you the very best and a good recovery.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Fentanyl

<0fc93aa3819552f7193a71faecf213cb@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=353&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#353

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 22:16:50 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 22:16 UTC

>If I were to opt for a really awesome drug that I took regularly in hospital, it would be Dilaudid. That stuff was awesome, lol.
Why is it awesome?

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: Fentanyl

<5447844f010feb6e9ecd22a6a646b131@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=354&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#354

From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 23:29:33 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 23:29 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

>>If I were to opt for a really awesome drug that I took regularly in hospital, it would be Dilaudid. That stuff was awesome, lol.
> Why is it awesome?

Probably not awesome like something that might take you to some other reality, but it just made me not give a shit about anything, not worry about pain (it's for pain) and it took effect while still being injected. I could feel the relaxation immediately during injection.

I would ask for it anytime I had something irritating coming up, like having an iv replaced, moved or whatever. Getting tubes removed or moved, and whatever else. It just was the most relaxed I've ever felt, and it was immediate, and lasted several hours.

--
Posted on RetroBBS