According to all the latest reports, there was no truth in any of the earlier reports.

rocksolid / Tor / Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

SubjectAuthor
* France & Tor LATE Warning!Anonymous
+- France & Tor LATE Warning!Anonymous
+* France & Tor LATE Warning!Anonymous
|`* France & Tor LATE Warning!Marco Moock
| `* France & Tor LATE Warning!Anonymous
|  +* France & Tor LATE Warning!Anonymous
|  |`- France & Tor LATE Warning!Marco Moock
|  `- France & Tor LATE Warning!Marco Moock
`- France & Tor LATE Warning!Marco Moock

1
France & Tor LATE Warning!

<eab59293a3eac9bcaf206f5a85a477e4@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=250&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#250

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: France & Tor LATE Warning!
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 15:08:39 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 15:08 UTC

Tor is creamed due to the French riots. The French government is getting help from US. If you update Kaisen over Tor or in France you are going to be creamed.

3 Kaisen instances creamed so far.
Downloads of Tor Browser seriously hurt especially over Tor in many OSes including Debian.
Torbrowser-downloader creamed in most distribution.

Whonix is somewhat OK for the time being because they do have their own repo but something fishy is going on there too.

GUIX I don't know because I don't have enough spare instances to test that part. I did not notice a direct attacked and I did not ran it through Tor to check it out.

Qubes OS got creamed in less secure instances without UEFI.

Stay away from updates of ANY OS at this time. If you notice any problems with i2p please report. I did not take a count of French routers or looked for that.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

<9027fa82f4f219ac9574f5e0bf0066e3@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=251&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#251

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Subject: Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:37:28 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:37 UTC

http://pbhgoronppg7tq3dssnwmhzkbrscbvtmy3d5pmar5hyhnqwjj46q.b32.i2p/

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

<6699e1d6bfcb8c7c033002c0010d0147@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=252&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#252

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 17:41:58 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 17:41 UTC

I'd love to see some proof for these statements.

Meanwhile, admire a full digital police state:

https://gizmodo.com/france-bill-allows-police-access-phones-camera-gps-1850609772

"France Passes New Bill Allowing Police to Remotely Activate Cameras on Citizens' Phones"

Of course, it's only to catch terrorists and stuff...

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

<u8e0sr$23mus$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=253&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#253

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 12:07:23 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 10:07 UTC

Am 04.07.2023 um 15:08:39 Uhr schrieb Anonymous:

> Tor is creamed due to the French riots. The French government is
> getting help from US. If you update Kaisen over Tor or in France you
> are going to be creamed.

Do you have more information about what they exactly do?

Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

<u8e0ui$23mus$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=254&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#254

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 12:08:18 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 10:08 UTC

Am 07.07.2023 um 17:41:58 Uhr schrieb Anonymous:

> "France Passes New Bill Allowing Police to Remotely Activate Cameras
> on Citizens' Phones"
>
> Of course, it's only to catch terrorists and stuff...

Doesn't that only applies to operating systems that the user generally
can't fully control, like Windows, iOS and Android?

I don't know how they want to turn on the camera of a laptop running
Slackware.

Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

<f89d80ecc3580f607648e149ddc234a0@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=255&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#255

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 15:57:00 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 15:57 UTC

>I don't know how they want to turn on the camera of a laptop running Slackware.

You are probably right in that it will be a lot easier for them on other OSses. However, I think the bigger point here is that they are legally allowed to do that kind of shit now. Before, they were maybe doing it, but only on the sly, now it is legal.
Also, if I was in their position, my next proposal would then be that all devices need a kind of legal intercept interface, or else it will be illegal to run them. Goodbye OSS...

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

<7b452527a9d5c31b7ffbb52707f1b0c5@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=256&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#256

From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 22:04:19 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 22:04 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

>>I don't know how they want to turn on the camera of a laptop running Slackware.

> You are probably right in that it will be a lot easier for them on other OSses. However, I think the bigger point here is that they are legally allowed to do that kind of shit now. Before, they were maybe doing it, but only on the sly, now it is legal.

It does say if I read correctly that they now need a judge approval, like a warrant maybe? This is still not good, but I believe in the U.S. it is the same and has been for a while. Not that the U.S. is some sort of example of limiting government overreach!

> Also, if I was in their position, my next proposal would then be that all devices need a kind of legal intercept interface, or else it will be illegal to run them. Goodbye OSS...

This has been going on for a while with trying to force encrypted communication apps to provide backdoors.

--
Posted on RetroBBS

Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

<u8iss9$2rgou$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=257&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#257

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 08:29:29 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 11 Jul 2023 06:29 UTC

Am 10.07.2023 um 15:57:00 Uhr schrieb Anonymous:

> However, I think the bigger point here is that they are legally
> allowed to do that kind of shit now.

Although, that is IT security. People lock their house door even if
stealing is illegal to make it hard.
This should apply to their computers too.

> Before, they were maybe doing it, but only on the sly, now it is
> legal. Also, if I was in their position, my next proposal would then
> be that all devices need a kind of legal intercept interface, or else
> it will be illegal to run them. Goodbye OSS...

That is something I fear more about.

Re: France & Tor LATE Warning!

<u8isuf$2rgou$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=258&group=rocksolid.shared.tor#258

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.tor
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 08:30:39 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 11 Jul 2023 06:30 UTC

Am 10.07.2023 um 22:04:19 Uhr schrieb Anonymous:

> Anonymous wrote:
>
> >>I don't know how they want to turn on the camera of a laptop
> >>running Slackware.
>
> > You are probably right in that it will be a lot easier for them on
> > other OSses. However, I think the bigger point here is that they
> > are legally allowed to do that kind of shit now. Before, they were
> > maybe doing it, but only on the sly, now it is legal.
>
> It does say if I read correctly that they now need a judge approval,
> like a warrant maybe? This is still not good, but I believe in the
> U.S. it is the same and has been for a while. Not that the U.S. is
> some sort of example of limiting government overreach!
>
> > Also, if I was in their position, my next proposal would then be
> > that all devices need a kind of legal intercept interface, or else
> > it will be illegal to run them. Goodbye OSS...
>
> This has been going on for a while with trying to force encrypted
> communication apps to provide backdoors.

The crypto wars also existed and Joe Biden was involved. In certain EU
countries politicians think about denying strong cryptography without
backdoor.