From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Subject: Misleading headline
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:43:03 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="62317"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.com"
 by: AnonUser - Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:43 UTC

Indiana boy, 13, arrested after telling Siri he wanted to shoot up a school

First thought is that Apple (Siri) reported the "threat", but read the
article and that's not the case:

A teenage boy in Indiana was charged with intimidation after he
told Apple's assistant Siri that he had planned a school
shooting and then posted a screenshot of the response online.

The 13-year-old middle school student was being held at the
Porter County Juvenile Detention Center, and investigators do
not believe the boy had access to weapons, according to the
Valparaiso Police Department.

Valparaiso Police said in a statement on Thursday that the boy
allegedly told Siri, "I am going to shoot up a school."

The digital assistant then created a list of several Valparaiso
schools nearby.

However, the student made no direct threat to a specific person,
school or school system.

"The threat is not believed to be credible at this time;
however, these types of communications are taken very seriously
by the Valparaiso Police Department and our community," the
Valparaiso Police Department said in its statement. "We continue
to work with the Valparaiso Community Schools to ensure the
safety of the students and staff."

He allegedly posted the screenshot on Thursday.

The incident was reported to police in nearby Chesterton by the
boy's social media contacts.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-boy-13-arrested-after-telling-
siri-he-wanted-to-shoot-up
--