From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 03:34:53 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 03:34 UTC

Prince Harry: I couldn't trust anybody due to phone hacking
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65818521?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 8:30 PM
The Duke of Sussex is giving evidence in his case against Mirror Group Newspapers.
--------------------
Ukraine dam: Thousands flee floods after dam collapse near Nova Kakhovka
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65819591?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 11:20 PM
Around 40,000 people need to be evacuated, says Ukraine, after a collapse released a torrent of water.
--------------------
BBC, BA and Boots issued with ultimatum by cyber gang Clop
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65829726?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 7, 2023, 12:19 AM
They say personal details of 100,000 staff at the BBC, British Airways and Boots will be published if employers do not get in touch.
--------------------
Andrew Tate 'choked me until I passed out', UK woman claims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65822365?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 9:01 PM
The woman is the latest to allege sexual violence against the controversial social media influencer.
--------------------
Plan for GPs to offer NHS patients Wegovy weight-loss jab
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65821450?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 7, 2023, 1:00 AM
But experts warn "skinny jabs" are not a quick fix or a substitute for a healthy diet and exercise.
--------------------
Shell adverts banned over misleading clean energy claims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65820813?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 11:19 PM
The Advertising Standards Authority ruled that the adverts failed to mention Shell's more polluting activities.
--------------------
Telegraph owners say no risk to titles over loans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65829169?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 11:35 PM
The Barclay family, which also owns the Spectator magazine and courier Yodel, owes debts to Lloyds Bank.
--------------------
'Ducking hell' to disappear from Apple autocorrect
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65823482?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 4:23 PM
One of the most common swear words will no longer be automatically changed when typing.
--------------------
Bournemouth beach boat operations suspended after deaths
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-65823704?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 4:20 PM
Sunnah Khan and Joe Abbess died after being pulled from the sea near Bournemouth Pier.
--------------------
Technology minister urges caution on AI 'Terminator' warnings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65822884?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 5:49 PM
Paul Scully says there should be more of a focus on the good artificial intelligence can do.
--------------------
Cuba Gooding Jr settles rape lawsuit ahead of civil trial
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65825715?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 4:37 PM
The actor, who has faced multiple misconduct allegations, has said the encounter was consensual.
--------------------
DJ Michael Bibi, 32, diagnosed with rare cancer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-65820353?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 1:31 PM
The dance music DJ was due to play at the Parklife festival in Manchester and Glastonbury this summer.
--------------------
Karim Benzema agrees to join Saudi champions Al-Ittihad after Real Madrid exit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65827087?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 6:47 PM
Ballon d'Or winner Karim Benzema agrees terms with Saudi Arabian champions Al-Ittihad after leaving Real Madrid.
--------------------
Beaver explores flooded Kherson district after dam breach
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65827355?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 4:50 PM
The streets in the district of Neftehavan have been flooded by rising water.
--------------------
Newspaper headlines: 'Harry's reality check' and 'new low' for Russia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-65829289?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 11:01 PM
Wednesday's front pages cover Prince Harry's appearance in court and the collapse of a major dam in Ukraine.
--------------------
Why is Japan redefining rape?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65762707?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 10:25 PM
Japan moves to reform its sex assault laws, finally recognising consent.
--------------------
Mortgage calculator: how much will my mortgage go up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63474582?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 10, 2023, 4:43 PM
Use our calculator to find out how much mortgage payments could go up for your household.
--------------------
Chris Christie's long-shot mission to torpedo Trump in 2024
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65814308?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 7, 2023, 1:37 AM
The former New Jersey governor enters the Republican race for the White House in 2024.
--------------------
Climate change is harming my mental health
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65633082?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 9:54 PM
A former climate scientist is among a growing number of people overwhelmed by "eco-anxiety".
--------------------
What is happening to house prices, and could there be a crash?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63147101?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 31, 2023, 9:02 AM
How are rising interest rates changing the housing market around the UK?
--------------------
Vision Pro: BBC editor tries out Apple's $3,499 headset
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65829689?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 7, 2023, 1:05 AM
Zoe Kleinman shares her thoughts on Apple's Vision Pro mixed-reality device after its big launch.
--------------------
Prince Harry: How did he handle his day in court?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65827802?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 5:55 PM
Prince Harry becomes the first royal in modern times to face cross-examination in court.
--------------------
Prince Harry witness statement key extracts: 'Thicko, cheat, underage drinker'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65819707?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 3:32 PM
'I couldn't trust anybody' - Harry on the impact of alleged unlawful information gathering on his life.
--------------------
Watch: Ros Atkins on… The Ukraine dam breach
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65829075?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 7:41 PM
The BBC’s analysis editor looks at what we know about the Ukraine dam collapse at Nova Kakhovka.
--------------------
Robert Hanssen: The fake job that snared FBI agent who spied for Moscow
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65820220?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 12:20 PM
Agents who helped to bring down one of the most notorious Cold War spies tell us how they did it.
--------------------
MoveIt hack: What action can data-breach victims take?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65820603?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 11:58 AM
Experts give advice to the more than 100,000 warned their personal data is in the hands of cyber-criminals.
--------------------
'I still speak to my brother Garvey Gayle after he killed our dad'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65787917?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 6:18 AM
Essence Gayle still speaks regularly to her brother Garvey, two years after he killed their father.
--------------------
Can UK’s Storm Shadow missiles change Ukraine fight against Russia?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65813770?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 12:44 AM
The UK is sending missiles to Ukraine – but how could Storm Shadows change its fight against Russia?
--------------------
Ukraine war: Holy Trinity painting on display in Moscow
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65813549?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 5, 2023, 4:29 PM
A fragile historic painting was moved from a museum to a church. What does it say about the war?
--------------------
Jason Derulo: My 'most unsexy' business investment in a car wash
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65645982?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 5, 2023, 11:03 PM
The Savage Love singer says when wants to invest he looks for firms in sectors he understands.
--------------------
India train crash: Haunting images of a deadly 2002 disaster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-65807458?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 5, 2023, 9:07 PM
Saibal Das survived a harrowing crash in Bihar and captured the first pictures of the tragedy.
--------------------
Chris Mason: Sunak gives prominence to vast migration challenge
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65814270?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 5, 2023, 4:32 PM
The prime minister visits Dover to highlight progress on a problem some say is impossible to solve.
--------------------
Love Island 2023 summer launch loses a million TV viewers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65818567?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 3:40 PM
The ratings decline comes amid suggestions that the ITV dating show has lost some of its appeal.
--------------------
Swindon man gifted his mother's liver after transplant
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-65825197?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 6:55 PM
Connor Meyrick, 27, from Swindon, received 65% of his mother's liver during a 12-hour operation.
--------------------
Astrud Gilberto: The Girl from Ipanema singer dies at 83
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65818566?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 12:31 PM
She was only in the studio as a translator, but ended up singing on the hit song and becoming a star.
--------------------
'Now I finally know how my daughter sees this world'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-65811076?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 7:54 AM
A mum says a virtual reality headset gives her a new understanding of her girl's visual impairment.
--------------------
Gonorrhoea and syphilis sex infections reach record levels in England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65810160?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 9:39 AM
There were 82,592 cases of gonorrhoea in 2022 - up 50% on the year before, officials say.
--------------------
Phillip Schofield: ITV defends duty of care to staff at This Morning
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65818564?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 11:23 AM
But an executive says remarks about aubergines by the show's editor were "extremely ill-judged".
--------------------
Diablo 4 character creator under the spotlight
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-65820043?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 10:47 AM
The new game's character creator mode has got people talking, but does it hit the mark for players?
--------------------
CBI: Scandal-hit business group wins survival vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65809069?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 5:37 PM
Members have backed the lobbying giant but some say they will continue to pause engagement.
--------------------
Pat Nevin: My son's autism wasn't a secret
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65820771?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 12:16 PM
Former footballer Pat Nevin has spoken for the first time about his grown-up son's autism diagnosis.
--------------------
Starmer vows to stop oil and gas communities withering
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65822211?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 4:56 PM
The Labour leader addressed the GMB after union leaders criticised his green energy plans.
--------------------
D-Day veteran Les Budding, 97, tells of first-wave role
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-65815672?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 5:08 AM
Former Royal Marine Les Budding tells of his role on D-Day on the 79th anniversary of the landings.
--------------------
'From shock to anger' - how golf reacted to historic merger
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65827786?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 9:25 PM
Players have reacted with shock and anger to the PGA Tour & DP World Tour merging with breakaway circuit LIV Golf.
--------------------
Snooker match-fixing scandal: Liang Wenbo and Li Hang handed lifetime bans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/65641122?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 9:34 PM
Chinese players Liang Wenbo and Li Hang receive lifetime bans for match-fixing in snooker's biggest corruption scandal.
--------------------
Moyes confident 'best is yet to come' after European final
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65825982?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 5:53 PM
West Ham boss David Moyes says "the best is yet to come" from the club as he prepares for his first European final in 25 years as a manager.
--------------------
French Open 2023 results: Novak Djokovic & Carlos Alcaraz to meet in semi-finals
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/65825658?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 9:11 PM
Top seed Carlos Alcaraz will face Novak Djokovic in the French Open semi-finals after a dominant win over Stefanos Tsitsipas.
--------------------
London Irish suspended from Premiership after failing to provide financial assurances
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/65819546?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 6:38 PM
London Irish are suspended from the Premiership after missing a second deadline to pay staff and failing to complete a takeover.
--------------------
French Open 2023: Iga Swiatek and Coco Gauff set for rematch of last year's final in Paris
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/65828603?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 10:03 PM
World number one Iga Swiatek will face sixth seed Coco Gauff in the French Open quarter-finals on Wednesday, in what is a rematch of last year's final.
--------------------
'He makes you feel invincible' - what will Postecoglou bring to Spurs?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65822800?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 2:54 PM
Ange Postecoglou will demand front-foot attacking football at Tottenham and those who don't follow will discover his ruthless streak.
--------------------
Watch: Water gushes through damaged Ukraine dam
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65818715?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 6:25 AM
President Zelensky shared a video of the Kakhovka dam, in Kherson region, on his Telegram page.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Shelling heard during BBC interview about Kherson floods
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65829076?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 8:57 PM
The BBC was interviewing a resident about flooding after the breach of the Kakhovka dam, when shelling hit the area.
--------------------
Nova Kakhovka: Who benefits from breaching the dam?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65821052?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 5:20 PM
Russia and Ukraine are pointing the finger at one another, but where does the truth lie?
--------------------
Watch: Building floats along flooded Dnipro river
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65825444?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 2:47 PM
ي�
كن �
شاهدة سطح أحد ال�
نازل التي جرفها الفيضان على نهر دينيبرو إذ ارتفع �
نسوب ال�
ياه جرّاء الأضرار التي لحقت بسد نوفا كاخوفكا
--------------------
'More and more water is coming every hour' - people flee as Kakhovka dam bursts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65825178?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 5:28 PM
Towns and villages are under water with thousands of people trying to flee flooded areas after dam breach.
--------------------
Ukraine dam: Swans seen swimming through Nova Kakhovka
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65818722?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 10:31 AM
The city was flooded after Ukraine accused Russia of destroying a huge dam nearby.
--------------------
Prince Harry: British press and government at rock bottom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65822218?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 6, 2023, 9:15 PM
The Duke of Sussex says the press have "got into bed" with the government to ensure the status quo.
--------------------
Harry blames press intrusion for Chelsy break-up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65550021?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 10, 2023, 8:31 PM
The prince said Ms Davy decided "a royal life was not for her", as his High Court case against Mirror Group Newspapers begins.
--------------------
Piers Morgan says he was not aware of phone hacking at Daily Mirror
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65531864?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 10, 2023, 5:55 PM
The former newspaper editor tells the BBC phone hacking is wrong and "shouldn't have been happening".
Prince Harry surrounded by 'web of unlawful activity', court hears
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65808672?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 5, 2023, 9:59 PM
Prince Harry's lawyers claim his privacy was invaded by Mirror Group newspapers throughout his life.

Click here to read the complete article