From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 03:21:13 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 03:21 UTC

India train accident: Modi vows punishments over deadly Odisha crash
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-65798640?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 4, 2023, 12:20 AM
At least 288 people were killed in the collision of two passenger trains and a goods train in Odisha.
--------------------
Boris Johnson warned Covid inquiry legal funding could be withdrawn
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65801103?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 4, 2023, 2:43 AM
Former PM is told his legal costs will not be covered if he tries to "undermine" government position.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Twenty injured after Russian strike on Dnipro
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65800870?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 4, 2023, 12:43 AM
Five of those hurt are children, of whom three are in a serious condition, a Ukrainian official says.
--------------------
Why are people leaving Russia, who are they, and where are they going?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65790759?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 11:01 PM
A trickle of Russians leaving became a stream after the full-scale invasion of Ukraine of 2022.
--------------------
Winning BGT would mean bigger house - Ghetto Kids
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-65796859?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 11:27 PM
A group of Ugandan children is on the verge of glory after reaching the final of Britain's Got Talent.
--------------------
'Mortgage costs right now are terrifying'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65778634?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 11:27 PM
With rates rising and mortgages disappearing from the market, buyers reveal their struggles to get a deal.
--------------------
Argentina league game abandoned after fan death fall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65799090?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 10:27 PM
A top-flight match in Argentina is abandoned after a fan falls to their death from a stand at the stadium.
--------------------
Three Israeli soldiers killed near Egypt border
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-65798205?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 5:44 PM
The incident came after a drug smuggling operation was thwarted at the border, the army says.
--------------------
Laura Kuenssberg: Former home secretaries on why it's so hard to cut migration
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65797468?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 2:58 PM
Five former home secretaries tell Laura Kuenssberg the truth about immigration policy.
--------------------
Bedworth: Pensioner dies after being attacked by dog
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-65797191?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 12:04 PM
Two people are arrested after a woman in her 70s dies in a dog attack in Bedworth.
--------------------
Humza Yousaf: Deposit return scheme could be at risk
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-65797110?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 1:41 PM
First Minister Humza Yousaf writes to PM Rishi Sunak urging him to revoke the UK's rejection of glass by Monday.
--------------------
Man City beat Man Utd to win FA Cup
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65785637?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 4:23 PM
Ilkay Gundogan scores twice, including the fastest FA Cup final goal ever, as Manchester City beat Manchester United to secure the second part of a possible Treble.
--------------------
The Papers: Holly's 'speech on Phil' and PM 'wants tax cut'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-65800930?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 10:43 PM
Pre-election tax cuts and Holly Willoughby's return to This Morning feature in Sunday's papers.
--------------------
Odisha train accident: 'My mother was missing, I got a picture of the body'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-65795959?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 9:58 AM
Frantic scenes unfolded after India's horrific train crash which has killed at least 288 people.
--------------------
Can sci-fi films teach us anything about an AI threat?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65786964?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 11:00 PM
Researchers have cited the plot of Pixar's WALL-E in a series of AI "disaster scenarios".
--------------------
Solar panels - an eco-disaster waiting to happen?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65602519?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 11:01 PM
A French factory is pioneering recycling of solar units as experts warn of a waste mountain by 2050.
--------------------
Hospital armed siege turned me from BBC reporter to negotiator
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65699385?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 9:00 PM
BBC Reporter was asked to help after a patient held a doctor at gunpoint in 48-hour hospital siege.
--------------------
Alice Oseman: Heartstopper series two 'will be a little bit darker'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65798044?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 5:59 PM
The YA writer says the next series will show her characters and their romances "maturing".
--------------------
Allergies: School meals inadequate, say Powys family
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65786858?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 8:59 PM
Quinten has a severe allergy to dairy, egg, soya and nuts and "feels like the odd one out".
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'bridges'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-65753973?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 11:17 PM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
Man arrested at Wembley over '97' football shirt
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-65800061?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 6:22 PM
The Met Police say a man has been held on suspicion of a public order offence and taken into custody.
--------------------
Conservationists tackle decline of Scottish coastal species
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65799584?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 5:19 PM
A £6.5m scheme to help prevent the extinction of priority species in Scotland has been launched.
--------------------
Blackhorse Lane Atelier: London's only craft jeans factory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65714999?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 7:27 AM
Blackhorse Lane Atelier, in east London, is trying to preserve manufacturing skills in the capital.
--------------------
Beijing's comedy crackdown is hitting its music scene
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-65784761?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 2, 2023, 11:13 PM
The crackdown on stand-up comedy unleashed by a joke is now hurting Beijing's vibrant live music scene.
--------------------
French Open 2023: Iga Swiatek earns double bagel at Roland Garros, Coco Gauff beats Mirra Andreeva
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/65797691?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 8:13 PM
Iga Swiatek says she has to "remain disciplined" after thrashing Wang Xinyu, while Coco Gauff fights back to beat 16-year-old Mirra Andreeva.
--------------------
How Putin has given South Africa a big diplomatic headache
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-65787544?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 2, 2023, 11:22 PM
The Russian leader's invasion of Ukraine has made life complicated for South Africa on several fronts.
--------------------
Week in pictures: 27 May - 2 June 2023
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-65789708?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 2, 2023, 11:11 PM
A selection of striking images from around the world, taken over the past seven days.
--------------------
Man City have set the standard - how can Man Utd catch up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65799012?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 9:05 PM
Match of the Day pundit Alan Shearer says Manchester United will have to spend big this summer if they are to challenge Manchester City's supremacy.
--------------------
Ange Postecoglou coy on Celtic future after Scottish Cup triumph and domestic treble
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65799951?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 7:49 PM
The Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou says he wants to enjoy his side's Scottish Cup and domestic treble triumph rather than be "side-tracked" by talking about his future.
--------------------
FA Cup final: Manchester City 2-1 Manchester United highlights as Ilkay Gundogan scores twice
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/65799188?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 4:21 PM
Watch highlights as Ilkay Gundogan scores twice to fire Manchester City to a 2-1 FA Cup final victory against Manchester United at Wembley.
--------------------
Ben Stokes: England captain 'on course' to bowl in first Ashes Test
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65799924?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 6:09 PM
England captain Ben Stokes says he is "definitely on course" to bowl in the first Ashes Test at Edgbaston.
--------------------
Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso rue qualifying errors
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65799279?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 8:18 PM
Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso say errors prevented them from joining Red Bull's Max Verstappen on the front row for the Spanish Grand Prix.
--------------------
French Open 2023: Aryna Sabalenka to face Sloane Stephens in Paris night session
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/65799414?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 5:01 PM
Aryna Sabalenka will face Sloane Stephens in the first night session at this year's French Open to feature a women's match.
--------------------
The Memorial Tournament: Rory McIlroy moves into share of lead
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65801007?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
June 3, 2023, 10:27 PM
Rory McIlroy has high hopes of a big win at The Memorial Tournament after a fine third round on Saturday.
--------------------
When will we start seeing energy bill deals again?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65712145?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:47 PM
With bills set to drop from July, fixed deals could be due to make a comeback, say experts.
--------------------
Mortgage deals: Five new products aiming to beat interest rates rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65628980?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 20, 2023, 11:13 PM
As interest rates rise, some lenders are offering no-deposit mortgages and removing the "stress test".
--------------------
Mortgage calculator: how much will my mortgage go up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63474582?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 10, 2023, 4:43 PM
Use our calculator to find out how much mortgage payments could go up for your household.
--------------------
Five ways to save money on your packed lunch
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65312394?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 26, 2023, 11:05 PM
As the cost of food continues to rise, we hear some top tips on making savings at lunchtime.
--------------------
Energy price cap: What is it and will bills continue to go down?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 12:40 PM
The cap which sets typical household energy bills is expected to drop sharply from July.
--------------------
Energy bills: What can I do if I can't afford to pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62435432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 8:30 AM
If you're struggling to afford your gas and electricity bills, what options are available?
--------------------
Tips on how to save energy at home and help the planet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58967580?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 20, 2021, 10:58 AM
What can homeowners do to reduce their energy consumption?
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.

Click here to read the complete article