From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 02:56:48 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Fri, 26 May 2023 02:56 UTC

Brit left in Sudan shot by sniper before wife starved
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-65708358?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:48 PM
The elderly couple were left to fend for themselves by the British embassy, their family tell the BBC.
--------------------
Lancaster: Boy, 11, critical after being hit by police van on emergency call
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65717515?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:38 PM
Lancashire Police said the child was crossing the road when the collision happened.
--------------------
FBI reveals 1980s plot to kill Queen Elizabeth II
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65717058?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 10:39 PM
Newly released FBI documents say there were “ever-present“ IRA threats during her US visits.
--------------------
Neuralink: Elon Musk's brain chip firm says US approval won for human study
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65717487?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 26, 2023, 1:38 AM
The billionaire's Neuralink implant company wants to help restore people's vision and mobility.
--------------------
Sainsbury’s boss: We are not profiting from high prices
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65707214?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:16 PM
Supermarkets have been accused of "greedflation" - putting prices up to bolster profits.
--------------------
Ed Sheeran's surprise concert for high school students
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65714612?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 4:32 PM
The British superstar gives these Florida high school band students the surprise of a lifetime.
--------------------
Channel migrants tragedy: Five French soldiers accused of failing to help
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65714082?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:11 PM
Five French soldiers are accused of failing to help during the incident when 27 people died.
--------------------
Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years for Capitol riot
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65651998?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 9:17 PM
Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes gets the longest sentence yet over 6 January.
--------------------
Pupils say they struggle to access period products
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-65695115?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:07 PM
Some pupils are struggling to access period products in schools, data shared with BBC News suggests.
--------------------
Aderrien Murry: Mississippi boy, 11, shot by officer after calling police
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65692016?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 9:51 PM
Aderrien Murry has been released from hospital and is recovering from his injuries.
--------------------
Woman and two police officers killed in Japan attack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65709901?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 26, 2023, 2:07 AM
The victims of the attack in Nagano include two policemen, and the suspect has been detained.
--------------------
Was Russian warship attacked by Ukrainian drone boats in the Black Sea?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-65715348?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 8:42 PM
BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner on how much we know about what happened in the Black Sea.
--------------------
Man arrested after car crashes into Downing Street gates
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65714508?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 7:04 PM
Witnesses report officers pointing Tasers at a man who was held on suspicion of criminal damage.
--------------------
The papers: PM 'will reduce migration' and mortgage rates rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-65717027?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 26, 2023, 12:03 AM
Figures showing record migration to the UK and turbulence in the bond markets lead the papers.
--------------------
When will we start seeing energy bill deals again?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65712145?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:47 PM
With bills set to drop from July, fixed deals could be due to make a comeback, say experts.
--------------------
Net migration: The target that won't stop moving
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65714903?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 26, 2023, 12:18 AM
How did a promise to get net migration down to the "tens of thousands" go unfulfilled for 13 years?
--------------------
Venezuela: 'I'm paid to tweet state propaganda'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-65622685?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:56 PM
The Venezuelan government is paying people to tweet in support of it.
--------------------
Quiz of the week: What's Nato code for suspicious Russian jets?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-65707850?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 3:03 PM
How closely have you been paying attention to what's been going on over the past seven days?
--------------------
Hamida Banu: Indian wrestler whose ‘marriage bout’ no one could win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-65630615?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 9:03 PM
Hamida Banu's feats brought her international fame and an almost mythical status - but then she vanished.
--------------------
Dad completes 1,000 days of toy car photos around the UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-65714184?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 9:48 PM
Ross Burns started taking pictures of his son's toy cars in lockdown in various locations across the UK
--------------------
New superbug-killing antibiotic discovered using AI
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65709834?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 3:00 PM
The drug can target one of the three most dangerous bacterial superbugs, say researchers.
--------------------
Madeleine McCann: Portugal reservoir search ends after three days
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65710265?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 8:02 PM
Material recovered from the area 30 miles from where Madeleine went missing will be analysed, say police.
--------------------
Nationwide building society to raise mortgage rates
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65713905?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 7:59 PM
Britain's biggest building society says it is putting up rates due to the current economic climate.
--------------------
Deep-sea mining hotspot teems with mystery animals
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65708806?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 3:32 PM
Thousands of 'otherworldly' animals live beneath the ocean in an area that may be mined for metals.
--------------------
Gen Charles "CQ" Brown Jr: History-making fighter pilot picked as new Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65692015?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 6:40 PM
Gen Brown would become the first black joint chiefs chairman in three decades, after Colin Powell.
--------------------
Rainton Arena: Girl in viral video thought she was 'going to die'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-65699933?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 12:53 PM
Amarii, 14, says she's been unable to sleep since the altercation at a teen disco in Sunderland.
--------------------
Google removes 'Slavery Simulator' game amid outrage in Brazil
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-65714083?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 8:39 PM
The app, which allowed players to "buy and sell" black characters, was launched last month.
--------------------
Flt Sgt Peter Brown: Hundreds attend funeral of WW2 RAF airman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65697939?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 1:54 PM
Flt Sgt Peter Brown's funeral took place in Westminster after a campaign for a "fitting send-off".
--------------------
Manchester United 4-1 Chelsea: Hosts secure Champions League place with thumping win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65283802?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 9:35 PM
Manchester United secure Champions League football for next season with a 4-1 win over Chelsea at Old Trafford.
--------------------
Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes close to agreeing a new contract
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65713386?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 3:09 PM
Lewis Hamilton says he has not been in talks with Ferrari, adding he and Mercedes are close to a deal to keep him at the team beyond this season.
--------------------
Super League: Hull KR 22-26 Wigan - Liam Farrell try wins it in extra time
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/65716581?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 9:32 PM
Second-placed Wigan come from 22-14 down to snatch victory in golden-point extra time at third-placed Hull KR in Super League.
--------------------
Tottenham manager search: Are Graham Potter, Brendan Rodgers, Luis Enrique and Julen Lopetegui on radar?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65709202?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 11:48 AM
It is more than eight weeks since Tottenham sacked Antonio Conte but who is in line for the job after Feyenoord boss Arne Slot rules himself out of contention?
--------------------
Women's Ashes 2023: Nat Sciver-Brunt says big crowds bring no extra pressure
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65716343?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 8:46 PM
Nat Sciver-Brunt says there is no extra pressure on England despite record ticket sales for the Women's Ashes.
--------------------
Frank Lampard: Chelsea have to get the basics right after losing to Man Utd
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/65663818?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 10:07 PM
Interim manager Frank Lampard says the Chelsea squad need to realise "when you turn the tap off, it's hard to turn it back on".
--------------------
Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward 'devastated' on Reds missing out on Champions League
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65716849?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 10:39 PM
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah says he is "devastated" the club have missed out on a spot in next season's Champions League.
--------------------
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
Food prices: How the humble shopping list is saving us money
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65103377?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 2, 2023, 12:41 AM
Soaring food prices mean some families are missing meals and desperate for deals, but preparation can help.
--------------------
UK inflation rate calculator: How much are prices rising for you?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62558817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 24, 2023, 6:17 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much the cost of living is going up in your household.
--------------------
Why food bills aren't shrinking - five things to know
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65632019?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 21, 2023, 11:04 PM
Prices in the shops remain much higher than a year ago, despite falls in energy and food costs.
--------------------
Energy price cap: What is it and will bills continue to go down?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 12:40 PM
The cap which sets typical household energy bills is expected to drop sharply from July.
--------------------
Cost-of-living payments: Who is getting them and when?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61592496?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 8:49 AM
Low-income households, pensioners and some disabled people will get extra help with energy bills.
--------------------
Energy bills: What can I do if I can't afford to pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62435432?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 25, 2023, 8:30 AM
If you're struggling to afford your gas and electricity bills, what options are available?
--------------------
Debt: What do I do if I can't afford to pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 23, 2023, 2:45 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
Tips on how to save energy at home and help the planet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58967580?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 20, 2021, 10:58 AM
What can homeowners do to reduce their energy consumption?
--------------------
Why inflation is falling but prices are still rising
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64290160?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 24, 2023, 6:51 AM
We report this percentage every month but here are three things you may not know.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 24, 2023, 8:37 AM
The rate at which prices are rising remains high, driven by soaring food prices.
Five ways to save money on your packed lunch
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65312394?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
April 26, 2023, 11:05 PM
As the cost of food continues to rise, we hear some top tips on making savings at lunchtime.

Click here to read the complete article