From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: All
Subject: Barkeep
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 09:21:11 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 16:21 UTC

Hey folks. Anyone near a Murdoch's might want to check out their sales
circular.
Heritage Arms Barkeeps for $99.99. I'd never pay full price for one, but at
that
price I had to drive into town and grab mine. Sale lasts for two more days, I
believe...

https://www.murdochs.com/products/sporting-goods/firearms-
ammo/firearms/handguns/heritage-manufacturing-22-lr-barkeep-revolver/

Cheers!
Regards,
-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Barkeep

<65AB48ED.787.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=978&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#978

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Weatherman
Subject: Re: Barkeep
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 21:38:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 03:38 UTC

-=> Weatherman wrote to All <=-

We> Hey folks. Anyone near a Murdoch's might want to check out their sales
We> circular.
We> Heritage Arms Barkeeps for $99.99. I'd never pay full price for one,
We> but at that
We> price I had to drive into town and grab mine. Sale lasts for two more
We> days, I believe...

We> https://www.murdochs.com/products/sporting-goods/firearms-
We> ammo/firearms/handguns/heritage-manufacturing-22-lr-barkeep-revolver/

I bought mine when they first came out, so paid more than that...
Really solid piece and VERY very accurate!

.... Southern DOS> Ya'll reckon? (Y)ep/(n)ope
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net

Re: Barkeep

<65AB7C92.122.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=980&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#980

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Jimmy Anderson
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 00:48:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 07:48 UTC

-=> Jimmy Anderson wrote to Weatherman <=-

-=> Weatherman wrote to All <=-

We> Hey folks. Anyone near a Murdoch's might want to check out their sales
We> circular.
We> Heritage Arms Barkeeps for $99.99. I'd never pay full price for one,
We> but at that
We> price I had to drive into town and grab mine. Sale lasts for two more
We> days, I believe...

We> https://www.murdochs.com/products/sporting-goods/firearms-
We> ammo/firearms/handguns/heritage-manufacturing-22-lr-barkeep-revolver/

JA> I bought mine when they first came out, so paid more than that...
JA> Really solid piece and VERY very accurate!

I have several Heritage revolvers. They may not measure up to the Single Six
but they sure give the Wrangler a run for the money. One of the really nice
things about them is that you can order a .22 WMR cylinder for only $30, and
don't have to send the gun in to have the cylinder timed to the gun like you do
with the Ruger.

I'll always treasure my Single Six, but I'll have a hell of a lot more fun with
my Rough Riders and Barkeep!

.... The more I see of people, the more I appreciate my dog.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Barkeep

<65ABE4C4.790.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=981&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#981

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Weatherman
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 09:17:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 15:17 UTC

-=> Weatherman wrote to Jimmy Anderson <=-

We> I have several Heritage revolvers. They may not measure up to the
We> Single Six but they sure give the Wrangler a run for the money. One of
Agreed!!! They are fun! I have a SUPER accurate one that I put
IMOP grips on, just like my old single six had.

We> the really nice things about them is that you can order a .22 WMR
We> cylinder for only $30, and don't have to send the gun in to have the
We> cylinder timed to the gun like you do with the Ruger.

Yes! Another plus! LOL - and if you have ONE magnum cylinder, you
have one for ALL your Heritages. :-)

We> I'll always treasure my Single Six, but I'll have a hell of a lot more
We> fun with my Rough Riders and Barkeep!

Have you seen the new Wrangler (I forget the name) that has a magnum
cylinder too? Haven't had my hands on one... Wife's father passed
away in June and she inherited a TON of new 'items' so only purchase
lately has been a Glock she fell in love with - LOL.

We were at a cabin for fall break and went to the local gun store
(local for that area) and while we were looking around UPS delivered.
They opened the guns that came in and there was a 43x in a grey
I had never seen. She loved the look, the feel, etc. And it was
SO new she got to see it unboxed. LOL

Anyway - we are not gun traders under normal conditions, and
she had taken a .45 (I forget the exact model) but was a short
barral - smaller frame - kind of commander size. We shot less
than a magazine through it and neither of us liked it, so
we went BACK to the store with it and she traded it toward
the Glock. She walked out happy, and has a new EDC. :-)

Me? I'm still carrying the Shield .40. I did get new leather
for some others I wanted to try - I tried the Beretta 92FS
that she inherited - too big to feel comfortable. She also
got a CZ (a Beretta Hi Power clone, basically) - I think it's
a CZ-75? - anyway...

That one I like! Still bigger than the shield, but not too
big, so I keep it in the truck as a backup... My father in
law LOVED hogue grips, so several have them. I bought new
wooden grips for it and it's SO much better to shoot now!

Only issue is if I want it to be an EDC I need to get
bigger magazines... It has 2-10 rounds. Still more than
the Shield holds though...

Sorry for being long winded. :) First time back in months
and I tend to be verbose - LOL

We> ... The more I see of people, the more I appreciate my dog.
We> --- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
We> = Synchronet = The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

.... Warning: Your tagline is low. Pull up. Pull..
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net

Re: Barkeep

<65B4CAA8.124.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=982&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#982

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Jimmy Anderson
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:46:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 08:46 UTC

-=> Jimmy Anderson wrote to Weatherman <=-

We> the really nice things about them is that you can order a .22 WMR
We> cylinder for only $30, and don't have to send the gun in to have the
We> cylinder timed to the gun like you do with the Ruger.

JA> Yes! Another plus! LOL - and if you have ONE magnum cylinder, you
JA> have one for ALL your Heritages. :-)
That IS handy. I have a couple of the .22 WMR cylinders, but only because I
want to have one available in case my son is using the other. It's VERY handy
to have them interchangeable between guns, unlike with the Ruger where they
seem to need to be timed to the specific gun.

We> I'll always treasure my Single Six, but I'll have a hell of a lot more
We> fun with my Rough Riders and Barkeep!

JA> Have you seen the new Wrangler (I forget the name) that has a magnum
JA> cylinder too? Haven't had my hands on one... Wife's father passed
I've seen them at gun shows, basically trying to grab a piece of Heritage's
market share. I've got a couple of the Wranglers, nicely made and definitely
worth the couple of extra bucks in price over the Heritage. I haven't sprung
for any magnum cylinders though, kind of doubt that I will. Also have an older
Single Six, that is a little tack driver. With mechanical assistance (ie some
sort of rest) can put all six rounds into a single ragged hole at 7 yards.
JA> cylinder too? Haven't had my hands on one... Wife's father passed
JA> away in June and she inherited a TON of new 'items' so only purchase
JA> lately has been a Glock she fell in love with - LOL.

JA> We were at a cabin for fall break and went to the local gun store
JA> (local for that area) and while we were looking around UPS delivered.
JA> They opened the guns that came in and there was a 43x in a grey
JA> I had never seen. She loved the look, the feel, etc. And it was
JA> SO new she got to see it unboxed. LOL

JA> Anyway - we are not gun traders under normal conditions, and
JA> she had taken a .45 (I forget the exact model) but was a short
JA> barral - smaller frame - kind of commander size. We shot less
JA> than a magazine through it and neither of us liked it, so
JA> we went BACK to the store with it and she traded it toward
JA> the Glock. She walked out happy, and has a new EDC. :-)

JA> Me? I'm still carrying the Shield .40. I did get new leather
JA> for some others I wanted to try - I tried the Beretta 92FS
JA> that she inherited - too big to feel comfortable. She also
JA> got a CZ (a Beretta Hi Power clone, basically) - I think it's
JA> a CZ-75? - anyway...

JA> That one I like! Still bigger than the shield, but not too
JA> big, so I keep it in the truck as a backup... My father in
JA> law LOVED hogue grips, so several have them. I bought new
JA> wooden grips for it and it's SO much better to shoot now!

JA> Only issue is if I want it to be an EDC I need to get
JA> bigger magazines... It has 2-10 rounds. Still more than
JA> the Shield holds though...

i generally carry a PT145 Pro. I like the size and the double stack gives me
10 rounds of .45 in the box and one in the tube. Spare mag gives me 21 rounds
of 230 grains "leave me the hell alone" motivation. When I know I'm not going
to be getting in and out of a vehicle I'll carry my S&W Model 645. It's
defintely bigger than the Taurus but I have a better sight radius and the
Wilson Combat mags bring me back up to that 10 round magazine capacity. The
645 definitely shoots better than the PT145 but then again a couple of inches
extra on the sight radius makes that difference.

Have a couple of 1911A1s that are suitable for carry but for some reason I feel
more comfortable with either the Taurus or the SW. I guess the fact that
they're both DA/SA as opposed to SA only is part of it.

Obviously I prefer the .45 as my primary carry. Backup varies but is always DA
only so I don't have a mechanical safety to worry about. I figure if I have to
resort to the backup then I'm not going to want to have to disengage a safety
because the fertilizer has already impacted the ventilation unit. Son carries
a 1911 in 10mm (but in Condition Two - WTF!? :) ). I'm sure the 10 has
better terminal characteristics than .45 ACP, but I guess I'm just a
traditionalist at heart.

JA> Sorry for being long winded. :) First time back in months
JA> and I tend to be verbose - LOL

Yeah, I tend to get that way myself after a shot or two if Irish and beer.
Hell, that's what these BBS things are designed for anyway, right?

.... Excuse me... What does God need with a Starship?
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Barkeep

<65CE2B6D.922.dove-firearms@cjsplace.thruhere.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=983&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#983

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/CJSPLACE (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Weatherman
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 09:08:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 14:08 UTC

-=> Weatherman wrote to Jimmy Anderson <=-

-=> Jimmy Anderson wrote to Weatherman <=-

JA> Have you seen the new Wrangler (I forget the name) that has a magnum
JA> cylinder too? Haven't had my hands on one... Wife's father passed

We> I've seen them at gun shows, basically trying to grab a piece of
We> Heritage's market share. I've got a couple of the Wranglers, nicely
We> made and definitely worth the couple of extra bucks in price over the
We> Heritage. I haven't sprung for any magnum cylinders though, kind of
We> doubt that I will.

Super Wrangler - saw one Saturday at a gun show. The original Wrangler does
NOT use the mag cylinder... So you'd have to buy a new gun, but since
when was that a bad thing? :-)

JA> Me? I'm still carrying the Shield .40. I did get new leather
JA> for some others I wanted to try - I tried the Beretta 92FS
JA> that she inherited - too big to feel comfortable. She also
JA> got a CZ (a Beretta Hi Power clone, basically) - I think it's
JA> a CZ-75? - anyway...

JA> That one I like! Still bigger than the shield, but not too
JA> big, so I keep it in the truck as a backup... My father in
JA> law LOVED hogue grips, so several have them. I bought new
JA> wooden grips for it and it's SO much better to shoot now!

JA> Only issue is if I want it to be an EDC I need to get
JA> bigger magazines... It has 2-10 rounds. Still more than
JA> the Shield holds though...

Looked up the serial number, and it was manufactured during the
"10 round max" period.

I looked again at the show at a Shield Plus... Bought my wife
an LCP Max to replace her LCP II, for the extra rounds, and she
wants to upgrade my EDC as well. The thing that jumped out at
me on the Shield Plus is the 'normal' sights - I'd like to
upgrade to something nicer. The max has tritium.

Yes, I can upgrade the sights myself, but looking at maybe a
Performance Center model instead, but nothing decided yet. My wife
has a Sig P365 as well, and I like it too...

You mentioned carrying a .45. She has a 1911 clone she inherited
(I think it's a Springfield) and I bought her some IMOP grips
to replace the hogue - she likes it now. :-)

JA> Sorry for being long winded. :) First time back in months
JA> and I tend to be verbose - LOL

We> Yeah, I tend to get that way myself after a shot or two if Irish and
We> beer. Hell, that's what these BBS things are designed for anyway,
We> right?

YES - very much so!

.... They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � CJ's Place, Orange City, FL - cjsplace.thruhere.net

Re: Barkeep

<65D06967.126.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=984&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#984

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Jimmy Anderson
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 01:05:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 08:05 UTC

-=> Jimmy Anderson wrote to Weatherman <=-

We> I've seen them at gun shows, basically trying to grab a piece of
We> Heritage's market share. I've got a couple of the Wranglers, nicely
We> made and definitely worth the couple of extra bucks in price over the
We> Heritage. I haven't sprung for any magnum cylinders though, kind of
We> doubt that I will.
JA> Super Wrangler - saw one Saturday at a gun show. The original Wrangler
JA> does NOT use the mag cylinder... So you'd have to buy a new gun, but
JA> since when was that a bad thing? :-)

Super Wrangler, eh? Will have to take a closer look next time I get near one.
Was at a gun show just this past weekend, picked up a 75th Ruger Anniversary
10/22 in stainless. Looked really nice and the price wasn't bad at all. They
also had a 10/22 60th anniversary model with some bells and whistles but the
price was more than I was willing to give up.

Also picked up a Wild Bill Hickock tribute Rough Rider that my wife liked.
Nice thing about that one is that it came with LR and WMR cylinders and the WMR
cylinder is engraved with an Aces and Eights motif. I see that Heritage Mfg is
upping the game on their revolvers, they have models with adjustable rear
sights now. Might be worth taking a look at sometime down the road.

JA> You mentioned carrying a .45. She has a 1911 clone she inherited
JA> (I think it's a Springfield) and I bought her some IMOP grips
JA> to replace the hogue - she likes it now. :-)

I resisted the 1911 bug for quite some time. Was quite satisfied with my PT145
and my SW model 645. Still think the 645 is a better design as a matter of
fact. I got bitten however when a co-worker of my wife's father passed and she
was selling his guns to help pay for the funeral. One of the pieces as a
Norinco 1911A1. Got it for $200. Talk about a gateway drug... I now have at
least three "unadorned" 1911s as well as three commemoratives (two Trump
commemoratives and one Wyoming commemorative, with gold inlays).

I seriously need to update my inventory sheet. I had 88 entries when I left
NY, but that was 12 years and many purchases ago. I'm sure I'm way over 100
pieces now and some of them are quite impossible to replace.

.... Internal Error: The system has been taken over by sheep at line 19960
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Barkeep

<65F11CB1.2849.dove_dove-gun@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1454&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#1454

From: jimmylogan@VERT/DIGDIST (jimmylogan)
To: Weatherman
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 22:10:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: jimmylogan - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 05:10 UTC

-=> Weatherman wrote to Jimmy Anderson <=-

-=> Jimmy Anderson wrote to Weatherman <=-

We> I've seen them at gun shows, basically trying to grab a piece of
We> Heritage's market share. I've got a couple of the Wranglers, nicely
We> made and definitely worth the couple of extra bucks in price over the
We> Heritage. I haven't sprung for any magnum cylinders though, kind of
We> doubt that I will.

JA> Super Wrangler - saw one Saturday at a gun show. The original Wrangler
JA> does NOT use the mag cylinder... So you'd have to buy a new gun, but
JA> since when was that a bad thing? :-)

We> Super Wrangler, eh? Will have to take a closer look next time I get

Felt the same as the 'base model' - which is GREAT! LOL

We> near one. Was at a gun show just this past weekend, picked up a 75th
We> Ruger Anniversary 10/22 in stainless. Looked really nice and the price
We> wasn't bad at all. They also had a 10/22 60th anniversary model with
We> some bells and whistles but the price was more than I was willing to
We> give up.

My first gun when I was seven years old was a Browning SA-22, Belgium made.
Grew up with that and still have it! Since it was 'my right arm' for so
long, I never really got into the 10/22's.

We> Also picked up a Wild Bill Hickock tribute Rough Rider that my wife
We> liked. Nice thing about that one is that it came with LR and WMR
We> cylinders and the WMR cylinder is engraved with an Aces and Eights
We> motif. I see that Heritage Mfg is upping the game on their revolvers,
We> they have models with adjustable rear sights now. Might be worth
We> taking a look at sometime down the road.

Not looking for adjustable sights speciically, but I agree they seem to
have upped the RANGE of their offerings anyway. :-)

JA> You mentioned carrying a .45. She has a 1911 clone she inherited
JA> (I think it's a Springfield) and I bought her some IMOP grips
JA> to replace the hogue - she likes it now. :-)

We> I resisted the 1911 bug for quite some time. Was quite satisfied with
We> my PT145 and my SW model 645. Still think the 645 is a better design
We> as a matter of fact. I got bitten however when a co-worker of my wife's
We> father passed and she was selling his guns to help pay for the funeral.
We> One of the pieces as a Norinco 1911A1. Got it for $200. Talk about a
We> gateway drug... I now have at least three "unadorned" 1911s as well as
We> three commemoratives (two Trump commemoratives and one Wyoming
We> commemorative, with gold inlays).

LOL - nice! Our youngest son likes his 1911's. I like them okay, but I
don't have the bug. :-) If I have a bug at all it's SAA types (Wranger,
Heritage, etc.).

We> I seriously need to update my inventory sheet. I had 88 entries when I
We> left NY, but that was 12 years and many purchases ago. I'm sure I'm
We> way over 100 pieces now and some of them are quite impossible to
We> replace.

Yes - get that done!

.... La Quinta is Spanish for "Next to Denny's."
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Re: Barkeep

<65F6A8AF.128.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1455&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#1455

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: jimmylogan
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 01:18:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 07:18 UTC

-=> jimmylogan wrote to Weatherman <=-

ji> LOL - nice! Our youngest son likes his 1911's. I like them okay, but I
ji> don't have the bug. :-) If I have a bug at all it's SAA types (Wranger,
ji> Heritage, etc.).

I enjoy single action revolvers a lot myself. Have several in a variety of
calibers from .22 on up to .45 Colt. My prized SA acquisition was a pair of
Ruger Single Action Shooting Society Vaqueros in .45 Colt, stainless steel with
sequential serial numbers. My brother in law was VERY much into cowboy action
shooting and tried SO hard to get those away from me. Have some very nice
looking .38s and .45s in case-hardened finish as well.

.... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY