From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Digital Man
Subject: Re: Email relay through Vertrauen failing
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 06:32:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 14:32 UTC

-=> Digital Man wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

DM> This was posted in DOVE-Net Firearms. Something seems amiss.

I see it in DOVE-Net Sysops only. I added a new area, and all of my
conference area numbers were set to dynamic. I changed them all to the
area numbers listed in the wiki.

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re: Email relay through Vertrauen failing

<65AAE0AB.3853.dove-gun@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=976&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#976

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 12:50:51 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Digital Man - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 20:50 UTC

Re: Re: Email relay through Vertrauen failing
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Digital Man on Fri Jan 19 2024 06:32 am

> Subject: Re: Email relay through Vertrauen failing
> @MSGID: <65AA890C.2524.dove.firearms@realitycheckbbs.org>
> @REPLY: <65A980BB.3851.dove-gun@vert.synchro.net>
> @TZ: 41e0
> -=> Digital Man wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-
>
> DM> This was posted in DOVE-Net Firearms. Something seems amiss.
>
> I see it in DOVE-Net Sysops only. I added a new area, and all of my
> conference area numbers were set to dynamic. I changed them all to the
> area numbers listed in the wiki.

As a QWKnet node (not a hub) your SCFG->message area->... QWK conference numbers *should* be set to dynamic. The only QWK conference numbers that matter in that case (for QWK networking) are set in SCFG->Networks->QWK->Hubs->[Hub]->Sub-boards. That's where you should be synchronizing with the Wiki. If you use static QWK conference numbers elsewhere, you could be creating problems for your QWK packet users if you're not careful.
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #57:
NUP = New User Password
Norco, CA WX: 63.9°F, 56.0% humidity, 9 mph W wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Email relay through Vertrauen failing

<65AADBBA.1024.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=977&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#977

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 14:28:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Gamgee - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 20:28 UTC

-=> poindexter FORTRAN wrote to Digital Man <=-

-=> Digital Man wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

DM> This was posted in DOVE-Net Firearms. Something seems amiss.

pF> I see it in DOVE-Net Sysops only. I added a new area, and all of
pF> my conference area numbers were set to dynamic. I changed them
pF> all to the area numbers listed in the wiki.

I'm seeing this reply in the Firearms sub also. I think you should set
them back to dynamic. As long as you designated the new area as 2022 (in
a different place in the configuration, can't recall it exactly now),
things will work as expected.

.... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL