Cheops' Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.

dovenet / Firearms / Re: Gun Insurance

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Gun InsuranceThumper
+* Re: Gun InsuranceFord Prefect
|`- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
+* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|+* Re: Gun InsuranceDr. What
||`* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|| `- Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|`* Re: Gun InsuranceTracker1
| +- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
| +* Re: Gun Insurancepoindexter FORTRAN
| |`- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
| `* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|  `* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|   `* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|    +* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|    |+* Re: Gun InsuranceArelor
|    ||+* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|    |||`* Re: Gun InsuranceWeatherman
|    ||| `- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|    ||`* Re: Gun InsuranceWeatherman
|    || `- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|    |+* Re: Gun InsuranceWeatherman
|    ||`- Re: Gun InsuranceDaiTengu
|    |`* Re: Gun InsuranceTracker1
|    | `- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|    `* Re: Gun InsuranceTracker1
|     +- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|     `* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|      +* Re: Gun InsuranceGamgee
|      |+* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|      ||+* Re: Gun InsuranceGamgee
|      |||+* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|      ||||`- Re: Gun InsuranceGamgee
|      |||+* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|      ||||+* Re: Gun InsuranceGamgee
|      |||||`* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|      ||||| +* Re: Gun InsuranceArelor
|      ||||| |+* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|      ||||| ||`- Re: Gun InsuranceJimmy Anderson
|      ||||| |+* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|      ||||| ||`* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|      ||||| || `* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|      ||||| ||  +- Re: Gun InsuranceArelor
|      ||||| ||  `- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|      ||||| |`- Re: Gun InsuranceJimmy Anderson
|      ||||| `* Re: Gun InsuranceGamgee
|      |||||  `* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|      |||||   `- Re: Gun InsuranceJimmy Anderson
|      ||||`- Re: Gun InsuranceJimmy Anderson
|      |||`* Re: Gun InsuranceWeatherman
|      ||| `- Re: Gun InsuranceGamgee
|      ||+- Re: Gun InsuranceWeatherman
|      ||`* Re: Gun InsuranceJimmy Anderson
|      || `- Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|      |`* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|      | `* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|      |  `- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|      `* Re: Gun InsuranceWeatherman
|       +- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|       +* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|       |`* Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|       | `* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|       |  `- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
|       `* Re: Gun InsuranceJimmy Anderson
|        `* Re: Gun InsuranceWeatherman
|         `* Re: Gun InsuranceDumas Walker
|          `- Re: Gun InsuranceMoondog
+- Re: Gun InsuranceDr. What
`- Re: Gun InsuranceArelor

Pages:123
Re: Gun Insurance

<62D2C30F.2296.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=870&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#870

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MOONDOG
Subject: Re: Gun Insurance
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 02:53:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 06:53 UTC

> He was in high school. From what I read, he was an outcast with a learning di
> sability and was picked on and had no friends. He had a frined he used to
> hang out with until the kid's family moved away. He was in his senior year,
> and the school would place pictures of the seniors on the light poles in
> town. Somehow his picture was left out. He received teasing about that as
> well. Sounds liek the kid had a shitty time in school, but that only
> explains why he might have snapped, but doesn't excuse it. he proabably
> picked the elementary school because it was an easy target.

You are right, it does not excuse it. However, if I was one of those kids
that picked on him, I would be rethinking my ways right about now.

As you point out in another message, even if some of the kids do rethink
their ways, it probably won't have a lasting affect. :(

* SLMR 2.1a * "End of quote. Repeat the line." - Biden Words of Wisdom

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Gun Insurance

<62D2F7D6.799.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=871&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#871

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 05:39:34 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Arelor - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 10:39 UTC

Re: Re: Gun Insurance
By: Dumas Walker to MOONDOG on Sat Jul 16 2022 09:53 am

> > He was in high school. From what I read, he was an outcast with a learning di
> > sability and was picked on and had no friends. He had a frined he used to
> > hang out with until the kid's family moved away. He was in his senior year,
> > and the school would place pictures of the seniors on the light poles in
> > town. Somehow his picture was left out. He received teasing about that as
> > well. Sounds liek the kid had a shitty time in school, but that only
> > explains why he might have snapped, but doesn't excuse it. he proabably
> > picked the elementary school because it was an easy target.
>
> You are right, it does not excuse it. However, if I was one of those kids
> that picked on him, I would be rethinking my ways right about now.
>
> As you point out in another message, even if some of the kids do rethink
> their ways, it probably won't have a lasting affect. :(
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * "End of quote. Repeat the line." - Biden Words of Wisdom
>
> ---
> ■ Synchronet ■ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

The problem with bullying is that it is a tribalistic phenomena. People is known to
reinforce their identity by attacking people who belongs outside to their own group.
This is why if somebody at shcool sticks out as different from the rest, it will be
targetted: the other students will feel a sense of belonging to the classroom by
picking on a perceived outsider.

This can also be seen in workplace abuse, in which people with work ethics different
from the rest of the workers will be picked on. It is usually the peolpe with strong
work ethics that gets targetted, specially if the rest of the group has poor work
ethics.

If the group has clear leaders (and there usually are), the fact one of the leaders
decides to harass a given individual will be taken by the rest of the people as tacit
permission to do the same. This is why if the cool kid in the class starts picking on
somebody, the rest will soon follow.

Why I am saying this? Because this dynamic makes bullies feel subconsciously justified
in doing what they do. If they bully a little kid and his bigger brother shows up and
breaks the bully's face, the bully will feel wronged because he will think the had the
right to be an asshole. If you can find it, I recommend you to watch that documentary
about Little Zangief and the aftermath - Little Zangief was a kid who was bullied in
school, and one day he snaped and broke his bully's leg. When asked if he regreted
being a bully, the bully said "No." Then he looked past the camera, as if watching
somebody give him indications, and said "... I mean, yes."

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Gun Insurance

<62D325C8.800.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=872&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#872

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANT (Gamgee)
To: Weatherman
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 08:30:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Gamgee - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 13:30 UTC

-=> Weatherman wrote to Gamgee <=-

DW> I really don't understand how someone like me can explain that to
DW> someone who seems to be able to follow logic and seems to be
DW> resonably intelligent, yet they won't understand it. IMHO, some
DW> of them just think that guns are scary and we are better off with
DW> less of them, but the "criminals don't obey laws" logic should be
DW> equally as scary.

Ga> Yes, it should be just as scary. What I honestly think is that those
Ga> who think more gun laws will fix the problem is that they actually are
Ga> NOT interested in fixing the real problem. What they are interested
Ga> in doing is increasing the amount of control that they can have over
Ga> another group of people. It's really very petty and selfish, but
Ga> that's the actual truth.

We> Those who the true power behind the push for gun control laws
We> desire one outcome. They are seeking to disarm the American
We> populace so that they may increase their power and influence over
We> the general population. The Second Amendment is the protector of
We> the entire Bill of Rights. Those who would impose severe gun
We> restrictions upon us are the ones who desire to impose further
We> limits upon our constitutional rights.

Yes, full agreement on that. Many of them don't even bother to try and
hide that fact as their ultimate goal any more.

.... All hope abandon, ye who enter messages here.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Gun Insurance

<62D32976.2636.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=873&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#873

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Weatherman
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 10:11:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 14:11 UTC

Re: Re: Gun Insurance
By: Weatherman to Dumas Walker on Sat Jul 16 2022 01:53 am

> -=> Dumas Walker wrote to TRACKER1 <=-
>
> DW> @MSGID: <62CB22A4.2278.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>
> DW> @REPLY: <62C743E1.722.dove-firearms@roughneckbbs.com>
> DW> @TZ: c12c
> > Realistically, if they *REALLY* wanted to cut down on gun violence,
> > they'd be trying to outlaw handguns, not rifles (AR-15 etc) to begin
> > with. The vast majority of gun violence and gun related crimes (armed
> > robbery, etc) is done with a handgun... but those aren't the ones that
> > typically make the headlines and are exceedingly rare.
>
> > Note: this is not an endorsement of the idea, just pointing out the
> > ignorance and hypocrisy.
>
> DW> Yes, this is true. There are some cities that probably have a "mass
> DW> shootings" worth of people, and then some, shot and killed each day by
> DW> handguns.
>
> Suffice it to say more people are killed by handguns each year than by rifle
> of any time.
>
> Suicides account for more firearms related deaths each year than any other.
> Rifles of any type are seldom utilized in suicide attempts.
>
> The problem is not the gun. The problem is the cheapening of human life. T
> cheapening of human life is a direct reflection of the society in which we
> live.
>
> Regards....
>
> ... The best way to accelerate a Mac is at 9.8m/s^2

Agreed. the best way to reduce gun violence is to go after the root of
violence. If you take away the guns by themselves, the violent behavior wil
continue.

Handguns are interesting in that most folk are cool with them existing. I
forgot which country it was, but the epople feared the militarisation of
their police, so their police are prohibited from caryr rifles or submachine
guns. Instead, their special response teams have pistols mounted in chassis
similar to the CAA Roni that give them similar functionality to a rifle or
sub gun.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<62D3314A.2637.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=874&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#874

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 10:44:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 14:44 UTC

Re: Re: Gun Insurance
By: Dumas Walker to MOONDOG on Sat Jul 16 2022 09:53 am

> > He was in high school. From what I read, he was an outcast with a learnin
> > sability and was picked on and had no friends. He had a frined he used to
> > hang out with until the kid's family moved away. He was in his senior yea
> > and the school would place pictures of the seniors on the light poles in
> > town. Somehow his picture was left out. He received teasing about that a
> > well. Sounds liek the kid had a shitty time in school, but that only
> > explains why he might have snapped, but doesn't excuse it. he proabably
> > picked the elementary school because it was an easy target.
>
> You are right, it does not excuse it. However, if I was one of those kids
> that picked on him, I would be rethinking my ways right about now.
>
> As you point out in another message, even if some of the kids do rethink
> their ways, it probably won't have a lasting affect. :(
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * "End of quote. Repeat the line." - Biden Words of Wisdom

Along the lines of empathy of students among their peers, I recall there was
always someone who had a crush on someone popular, whether it was the
quiet barely noticable guy in love with cheerleader, or a girl crazy about an
athlete or other popular dude. The attraction would vary from a quiet
observation to what i refer to as stalker crushes, where they either try to
find ways of initiazting contact or even worse, write long crazy letters
about how they were destined to be together. One summer I was hanging out
with a friend who had transferred from another school system, and he had a
friend with him. I had mentioned how early in the day I went to a family
reunion, and they asked if ther were any of my cousins they might've know at
the other school. One of my cousins was the head cheerleader/ homecoming
queen type, and it turned out my buddy's friend had one of those stalker
crushes which ended terribly because a letter he write wasn't taken kindly.

His friend became withdrawn and wouldn't even look at me. I wanted to ask for
more details, but my firend said it was better to let sleeping dogs lay. I
get the impression the response was devastating, and the dude went into
serious depression over the rejection. The due wasn't ugly or creepy at all.
He and my cousin had nothing in common and rolled with different cliques
thaot didn't interact.

My sister had her share of creepy stalker dudes that would come by the house
looking for her. Some were harmless, but others had a serial killer vibe
going on. The easiest way to get them to leave was tell them she is at her
friend's house - the friend whose father was a state trooper. I'm not sure
of my sister would've felt any sadness if something bad happened to them back
then. She is a different person now, and I think she likes the attention. i
noticed after I joined Facebook, she began friending several of my friends
she would've never given the time of day to. Several were brothers and
sisters of existing friends.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<62D40626.2304.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=875&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#875

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: WEATHERMAN
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 01:07:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 05:07 UTC

> The problem is not the gun. The problem is the cheapening of human life. The
> cheapening of human life is a direct reflection of the society in which we
> live.

Agreed.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Mmmmmmmm.....doughnuts."

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Gun Insurance

<62D4C9EB.2640.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=876&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#876

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 15:48:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 19:48 UTC

Re: Re: Gun Insurance
By: Dumas Walker to WEATHERMAN on Sun Jul 17 2022 08:07 am

> > The problem is not the gun. The problem is the cheapening of human life.
> > cheapening of human life is a direct reflection of the society in which we
> > live.
>
> Agreed.
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * "Mmmmmmmm.....doughnuts."

Agreedx2.

A few weeks ago on a Facebook thread I cited an article from about 10 years ag
o a local 8 year old killed his 4 year old brother over the last bowl of
cereal left in the box. A commenter said "boys will be boys," as if this was
acceptable behavior. Not in my parent's house. Not in my neighborhood would
something like that happen.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<62D5C17F.2306.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=877&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#877

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MOONDOG
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 08:56:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 12:56 UTC

> A few weeks ago on a Facebook thread I cited an article from about 10 years ag
> o a local 8 year old killed his 4 year old brother over the last bowl of
> cereal left in the box. A commenter said "boys will be boys," as if this was
> acceptable behavior. Not in my parent's house. Not in my neighborhood would
> something like that happen.

That is a rather callous, desensitized reaction that commenter had, assuming
it was not sarcasm. My parents would not have put up with violent,
agressive behavior, either.

* SLMR 2.1a * "My eyeballs nearly popped out!"

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Gun Insurance

<62D6F198.2642.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=878&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#878

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 07:02:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 11:02 UTC

Re: Re: Gun Insurance
By: Dumas Walker to MOONDOG on Mon Jul 18 2022 03:56 pm

> > A few weeks ago on a Facebook thread I cited an article from about 10 year
> > o a local 8 year old killed his 4 year old brother over the last bowl of
> > cereal left in the box. A commenter said "boys will be boys," as if this
> > acceptable behavior. Not in my parent's house. Not in my neighborhood wo
> > something like that happen.
>
> That is a rather callous, desensitized reaction that commenter had, assuming
> it was not sarcasm. My parents would not have put up with violent,
> agressive behavior, either.
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * "My eyeballs nearly popped out!"

The commenter also tried to justify it by saying kids have so much violent
energy that is suppressed, all young boys are time bombs. I think that was
also directed by the race of the children, which was black. That's BS.
Children may have a level of cruelty based on immaturity, but disregard for
life like that has to be observed or taught. I have no idea if these kids
come from a violent home or were abused, or if domestic abuse was present.
That is not behavior anyone I ever grew up with ever displayed.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<63B72C7F.617.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=927&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#927

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 05:58:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 11:58 UTC

-=> Dumas Walker wrote to GAMGEE <=-

> DW> Yes, this is true. There are some cities that probably have a
> DW> "mass shootings" worth of people, and then some, shot and killed
> DW> each day by handguns.

> Definitely true. Chicago probably tops that list. The city with the
> strictest gun laws anywhere. What they forget is that criminals don't
> obey laws.

DW> I really don't understand how someone like me can explain that to
DW> someone who seems to be able to follow logic and seems to be resonably
DW> intelligent, yet they won't understand it. IMHO, some of them just
DW> think that guns are scary and we are better off with less of them, but
DW> the "criminals don't obey laws" logic should be equally as scary.

Yeah - don't get me wrong, I enjoy owning and shooting guns and have
ZERO intentions of every putting a round into ANYONE, but at the same
time I carry with the intent of self defense.

BUT - I had a friend say something to the effect of "I don't like
guns - they were designed to kill - I'd rather there not be
any guns" and I honestly agreed with him! If it would prevent
people from hurting other people? I'd be all for it! But making
MY guns illegal while not removing ALL guns (bad guys, military,
our government, other governments) is not the answer. That just
creates a defenseless target...

.... Chain Tagline Stolen 6 Times (add one when you steal it)
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<63B72C7F.618.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=928&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#928

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Moondog
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 06:02:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 12:02 UTC

-=> Moondog wrote to Gamgee <=-

> The real problem is mental health, and the fact that so many are not
> able to get treatment for their issues.

Mo> It goes well beyond mental health. Crazy people are a minority of
Mo> shooters when compared to organized crime and gang murders. What
Mo> happened to the beliefs that life has value?

THIS! Yes, mental health is AN issue, but not THE issue. When there
is no santity of life, then ANY life is forfeit.

I am a Christian and I believe we are all created in His image. As
image bearers, we have value. If we really were just 'apes in skin'
as evolutionists would have you believe, then what's wrong with the
strong eating the weak?

Life is precious! From the unborn up!

.... Hookd on foniks wurkd for mee!
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<63B72C7F.619.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=929&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#929

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Arelor
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 06:04:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 12:04 UTC

-=> Arelor wrote to Dumas Walker <=-

Ar> The fact there is so much school violence should point out the fact
Ar> that schools are structured as stressful places in which people is
Ar> broken past the point of no return. I never see anybody talking about
Ar> this.

In my (not so) humble opinion, when I was a kid we didn't have school
shootings. What we DID have was the 10 commandments on the wall,
corporal punishment, the Gideons bringing New Testaments to everyone
in Fifth Grade...

We removed those things and now look what we have...

.... Frisbyterian: when you die, your soul goes up on the roof
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<63B72C7F.620.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=930&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#930

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Moondog
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 06:07:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 12:07 UTC

-=> Moondog wrote to Arelor <=-

Mo> While I hated being treated like crap by bullies, I never had thoughts
Mo> of killing anyone. Coming back later in life and making them miserable
Mo> sounded more fun.

For me, I was bullied as well, and I finally had enough and 'stood up'
for myself. But it was a fight - I had no intentions of really hurting
the guy - I just wanted the bullying to stop. No way did I ever consider
taking anyone's life!

Now that I'm a Christian, I feel bad about people I held a grudge against
for the bullying and abuse, and have actually come to terms with it in the
sense that my failure to forgive was hurting ME, not them...

I actually blogged about it too...

https://jimmylogan.substack.com/p/forgive

.... I don't have any solution, but I certainly admire the problem.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<63B72C7F.621.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=931&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#931

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Moondog
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 06:08:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 12:08 UTC

-=> Moondog wrote to Gamgee <=-

Mo> Going out in a blaze of "glory" garners way more attention. Leave
Mo> behind a note or a manifesto, and it will be on the news regardless how
Mo> poorly written or illogical it is.

Bonnie and Clyde? They still talk about them!

.... Apathy Error: Don't Bother Striking Any Key
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<63B72C7F.622.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=932&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#932

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Weatherman
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 06:10:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 12:10 UTC

-=> Weatherman wrote to Dumas Walker <=-

DW> Yes, this is true. There are some cities that probably have a "mass
DW> shootings" worth of people, and then some, shot and killed each day by
DW> handguns.

We> Suffice it to say more people are killed by handguns each year than by
We> rifles of any time.

We> Suicides account for more firearms related deaths each year than any
We> other. Rifles of any type are seldom utilized in suicide attempts.

We> The problem is not the gun. The problem is the cheapening of human
We> life. The cheapening of human life is a direct reflection of the
We> society in which we live.

Agreed! And unless something has changed, more people are killed each
year by 'fist and foot' than guns anyway...

.... <A>bort <R>etry <D>o what I mean!!!
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net

Re: Gun Insurance

<63B89E99.2372.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=941&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#941

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 09:53:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 14:53 UTC

> BUT - I had a friend say something to the effect of "I don't like
> guns - they were designed to kill - I'd rather there not be
> any guns" and I honestly agreed with him! If it would prevent
> people from hurting other people? I'd be all for it! But making
> MY guns illegal while not removing ALL guns (bad guys, military,
> our government, other governments) is not the answer. That just
> creates a defenseless target...

Indeed it does.

There are some science fiction pieces that tell cautionary tales about
societies giving up their guns, including the militaries of the planet,
only to be invaded by armed visitors from other planets. :)

Mike

* SLMR 2.1a * Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what? Where are you going?

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Gun Insurance

<63BBDEC1.670.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=947&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#947

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Jimmy Anderson
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:27:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 02:27 UTC

-=> Jimmy Anderson wrote to Weatherman <=-

DW> Yes, this is true. There are some cities that probably have a "mass
DW> shootings" worth of people, and then some, shot and killed each day by
DW> handguns.

We> Suffice it to say more people are killed by handguns each year than by
We> rifles of any time.

We> Suicides account for more firearms related deaths each year than any
We> other. Rifles of any type are seldom utilized in suicide attempts.

We> The problem is not the gun. The problem is the cheapening of human
We> life. The cheapening of human life is a direct reflection of the
We> society in which we live.

JA> Agreed! And unless something has changed, more people are killed each
JA> year by 'fist and foot' than guns anyway...

JA> ... <A>bort <R>etry <D>o what I mean!!!

Nothing has changed, hand-and-foot still outpaces firearms. And don't forget
that the lowly handgun accounts for far more deaths than that scary and
deadly-looking AR-15 (or ANY rifle forthat matter).

.... Got my tie caught in the fax... Suddenly I was in L.A.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Gun Insurance

<63BC8861.2382.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=948&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#948

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: WEATHERMAN
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 09:18:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 14:18 UTC

> Nothing has changed, hand-and-foot still outpaces firearms. And don't forget
> that the lowly handgun accounts for far more deaths than that scary and
> deadly-looking AR-15 (or ANY rifle forthat matter).

I have always suspected that they are going after rifles more lately
because they figured out that their private body guards are more likely to
carry a handgun and they don't want to have to give the body guards up.

"They" in this case being celebrities and politicians.

* SLMR 2.1a * WORK HARDER!... Millions on Welfare depend on YOU!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Gun Insurance

<63BCD381.2713.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=949&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#949

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 14:54:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 19:54 UTC

Re: Re: Gun Insurance
By: Dumas Walker to WEATHERMAN on Mon Jan 09 2023 04:18 pm

> > Nothing has changed, hand-and-foot still outpaces firearms. And don't for
> > that the lowly handgun accounts for far more deaths than that scary and
> > deadly-looking AR-15 (or ANY rifle forthat matter).
>
> I have always suspected that they are going after rifles more lately
> because they figured out that their private body guards are more likely to
> carry a handgun and they don't want to have to give the body guards up.
>
> "They" in this case being celebrities and politicians.
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * WORK HARDER!... Millions on Welfare depend on YOU!

The celebrities and politicians with armed guards are elitists, and believe
there will be exceptions that will allow their security to carry in airports
and other suposed gun-free zones.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net