From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: ai sucks ass
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 11:06:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: paulie420 - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 11:06 UTC

MR> I pretty much hate it. I'm not scared of it, but maybe i should be, but
MR> so far i think it's total shit and i think some AI developers are being
MR> shady about scraping sites and videos for information. I've seen a few
MR> videos were people would not admit to what data their AI model uses.

I mean - I don't like that we're here, but we are. I find them helpful for some things today... I've been poking around local models more than ChatGPT 3.5/4.0... ollama, PrivateGPT w/ GPU - and the models that have been released to the public are pretty decent.

The truth is - they're going to scrape ALL the data. Sure; it'll be in the media that they used YouTube for video creation, reddit for userspace information - but the real gotcha is that they're going to use our last 20 years of posting publicly; we 100% were the product.