One Bell System - it works.

dovenet / Internet / Re: old houses and wifi

SubjectAuthor
* old houses and wifiMRO
+* old houses and wifiNightfox
|`* old houses and wifiMRO
| +* old houses and wifiNightfox
| |`* old houses and wifiMRO
| | `- old houses and wifiHackintosh
| `* old houses and wifiCharles Blackburn
|  `* old houses and wifiMRO
|   `- old houses and wifiCharles Blackburn
+* old houses and wifiDigital Man
|`* old houses and wifiMRO
| `* old houses and wifipoindexter FORTRAN
|  `* old houses and wifiMRO
|   `* old houses and wifiThe Lizard Master
|    `* old houses and wifiMRO
|     `- old houses and wifiBf2k+
`* old houses and wifiMRO
 `* old houses and wifiDumas Walker
  `* old houses and wifiMRO
   `* Re: old houses and wifiArgelian
    `* Re: old houses and wifiMRO
     `* Re: old houses and wifiArgelian
      `- Re: old houses and wifiMRO

1
old houses and wifi

<6528D32E.1526.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=86&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#86

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: All
Subject: old houses and wifi
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 00:18:38 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 05:18 UTC

Anybody like me and live in a real old house with walls as hard as rocks?

I have a router that is in the back of the house. there's clear line of sight to the front of the house, not that many feet to the front porch. I have a big metal door and like i said the walls are hard as a rock.

I can barely get wifi to my front cameras. I even tried swapping out other routers and same deal. Also i have to use 2.5ghz for my dzees cameras.

Anyone have this issue with wifi not getting through? should i spend 40 bucks on a repeater that plugs in the wall?

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WiFi-Range-Extender-EX5000/dp/B083R46CV8/

https://www.amazon.com/Wifi-Extender-Booster-Wireless-Repeater/dp/B08RHD97QY
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

old houses and wifi

<65296B81.5924.dove_dove-int@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=89&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#89

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 09:08:33 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Nightfox - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:08 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to All on Fri Oct 13 2023 12:18 am

MR> Anybody like me and live in a real old house with walls as hard as rocks?

MR> I have a router that is in the back of the house. there's clear line of
MR> sight to the front of the house, not that many feet to the front porch. I
MR> have a big metal door and like i said the walls are hard as a rock.

MR> I can barely get wifi to my front cameras. I even tried swapping out other
MR> routers and same deal. Also i have to use 2.5ghz for my dzees cameras.

MR> Anyone have this issue with wifi not getting through? should i spend 40
MR> bucks on a repeater that plugs in the wall?

A wifi repeater might help.

I've used powerline ethernet adapters in the past. A couple of those and a wifi access point that plugs into ethernet would probably work too (aside from a wifi repeater). The last powerline ethernet adapters I was using were a pair of TP-Link AV2000, which I thought were fairly good:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H74VKZU

The thing about any networking devices that run over your power lines is that your power lines can make a big difference in their speed and how reliable they can work. I used a couple of powerline ethernet adapters at my house (my previous place I lived), and sometimes they'd randomly get disconnected. At my current place, I never saw any disconnections.

I think a better option would be to run ethernet if possible.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

old houses and wifi

<652984D9.8841.dove-int@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=90&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#90

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:56:41 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Digital Man - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 17:56 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to All on Fri Oct 13 2023 12:18 am

> Anybody like me and live in a real old house with walls as hard as rocks?
>
> I have a router that is in the back of the house. there's clear line of
> sight to the front of the house, not that many feet to the front porch. I
> have a big metal door and like i said the walls are hard as a rock.
>
> I can barely get wifi to my front cameras. I even tried swapping out other
> routers and same deal. Also i have to use 2.5ghz for my dzees cameras.
>
> Anyone have this issue with wifi not getting through? should i spend 40
> bucks on a repeater that plugs in the wall?
>
> https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WiFi-Range-Extender-EX5000/dp/B083R46CV8/
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Wifi-Extender-Booster-Wireless-Repeater/dp/B08RHD97QY
I used power-line network adapters to create WiFi bridges and repeaters and the best solutions I've found are the mesh network systems:
https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/
https://store.google.com/us/magazine/compare_routers?hl=en-US&pli=1
https://www.amazon.com/eero-reliable-gigabit-connect-Coverage/dp/B091G68F8C
--
digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #15:
Doyle Hargraves: What'cha doin' with that lawn mower blade Karl?
Norco, CA WX: 70.1°F, 59.0% humidity, 0 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

old houses and wifi

<6529B9B7.1534.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=94&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#94

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Nightfox
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:42:15 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 21:42 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Oct 13 2023 09:08 am

> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H74VKZU
>
> The thing about any networking devices that run over your power lines is
> that your power lines can make a big difference in their speed and how
> reliable they can work. I used a couple of powerline ethernet adapters at
> my house (my previous place I lived), and sometimes they'd randomly get
> disconnected. At my current place, I never saw any disconnections.
>
> I think a better option would be to run ethernet if possible.

yeah i already ran ethernet downstairs for the 2nd access point.
so it's either my thick ass walls or some other device interfering with
the 2.5 band. there's a wifi access points near me so that might be it.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

old houses and wifi

<6529BB34.1535.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=95&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#95

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Digital Man
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:48:36 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 21:48 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: Digital Man to MRO on Fri Oct 13 2023 10:56 am

> I used power-line network adapters to create WiFi bridges and repeaters and
> the best solutions I've found are the mesh network systems:
> https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/

oh boy those are expensive.

i'm going to have to do some experimenting. our houses are close together and maybe there's inteferance. it could be because my main router is broadcasting 2.5 as well. i need to disable that and see if that helps.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

old houses and wifi

<6529CDB8.5931.dove_dove-int@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=96&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#96

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:07:36 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Nightfox - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 23:07 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to Nightfox on Fri Oct 13 2023 04:42 pm

MR> yeah i already ran ethernet downstairs for the 2nd access point. so it's
MR> either my thick ass walls or some other device interfering with the 2.5
MR> band. there's a wifi access points near me so that might be it.

One thing that could help might be to change the wifi channel that your router is using. If there are many other wifi access points in your area, using a different channel can help deal with interference, especially if everyone else is using the default wifi channel. I've heard it recommended to use either channel 1, 6, or 11 since they don't overlap in frequencies.

Also, there are smartphone apps that will scan the wifi frequencies near you and show you which ones are being used.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

old houses and wifi

<6529FBBF.1537.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=97&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#97

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Nightfox
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 21:23:59 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 02:23 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Oct 13 2023 04:07 pm

> One thing that could help might be to change the wifi channel that your
> router is using. If there are many other wifi access points in your area,
> using a different channel can help deal with interference, especially if
> everyone else is using the default wifi channel. I've heard it recommended
> to use either channel 1, 6, or 11 since they don't overlap in frequencies.
i've been monkeying around with that. hasn't really helped much.
i'll try some wifi scanner apps.
just tried one and the graph shows that my arlo hub's wifi is almost on top of my 2.5 wifi in channel and strength. I changed that and moved my channels to a less congested frequency. didn't really help my problem, though.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

old houses and wifi

<652A2AEE.3637.dove-internet@amigacity.xyz>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=98&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#98

From: hackintosh@VERT/AMIGAC (Hackintosh)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 22:45:18 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Hackintosh - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 22:45 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to Nightfox on Fri Oct 13 2023 21:23:59

Remember in 2005 with 802.11b wifi, devices would sometimes disconnect and the wireless AP would need a power cycle. I hated linksys and those commercial Cisco access points with the IOS firmware. Now it seems wifi has improved, some of the TP link units are impressive, however something else has happened. Now everyones TV for the moment is playing netflix and other streaming video services over wifi. Some wireless AP units have a wireless monitor which allows you to glance at the network congestion on all the various radio channels. Im sure there might be a phone app, but the most comprehensive will be a program that is rather close to the physical hardware. I'd assume its netflix, especially if it works great until the evening when people get home. What i have done to mitigate wifi problems is to use ethernet when possible. You can also take apart a Powerline AV500 and solder the wires coming from the little isolation coil to a simple rj11 phone cable... i used the outer pins (black yellow), or line 2. Then do it to another Powerline AV500. Put one downstairs and one upstairs, or wherever an AP is needed. Use the existing phone jacks in your house. Ive done this with success. Do
nt use the device as designed, it suck, especially if both circuits used, are on different legs of the power meter. A direct connection works so well with phone wires. Alternately, MoCAnet adapters work really well. You can also use VDSL adapter pairs with 1 pair of phone wires. These solutions work best with apartment dwellings. If you can put holes in things, i'd use ethernet. Buy some TPlink Access Points if your existing AP's are giving you grief. Sometimes its the AP that is the problem or its shitty switching power supply in its wall wort.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 4,000+ files

old houses and wifi

<652AAAF9.23.dove-internet@bbs.thefbo.us>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=100&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#100

From: charles.blackburn@VERT/THEFBO (Charles Blackburn)
To: MRO
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 10:51:37 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Charles Blackburn - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 14:51 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to Nightfox on Fri Oct 13 2023 16:42:15

> Re: old houses and wifi
> By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Oct 13 2023 09:08 am
> > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H74VKZU
> > The thing about any networking devices that run over your power lines is that your power lines can make a big difference in their speed and how reliable they can work. I used a couple of powerline
> > ethernet adapters at my house (my previous place I lived), and sometimes they'd randomly get disconnected. At my current place, I never saw any disconnections.
> > I think a better option would be to run ethernet if possible.

yea for sure.. it's definately hit n miss, but technology nowadays has made them a lot more robust for sure.

> yeah i already ran ethernet downstairs for the 2nd access point.
> so it's either my thick ass walls or some other device interfering with
> the 2.5 band. there's a wifi access points near me so that might be it.

do you have a wifi scanner by chance? heck better yet, do you have an SDR? you can see just what is there. dont forget it's not just computers that use the 2.4gig band... there's baby monitors and cameras etc and those chinesium ones dont care if they're in the wifi portion of the band.

for exampl. stick a hobby 2.4 gig or 5.8 gig video receiver and drive around the neighbourhood.. you'd bee surprised what cameras you can find lol

charlie

---
■ Synchronet ■ My Brand-New BBS

old houses and wifi

<652B0F3C.1542.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=102&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#102

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Charles Blackburn
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 16:59:24 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:59 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: Charles Blackburn to MRO on Sat Oct 14 2023 10:51 am

> > By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Oct 13 2023 09:08 am

> yea for sure.. it's definately hit n miss, but technology nowadays has made
> them a lot more robust for sure.

you're quoting nightfox and replying to me.

> do you have a wifi scanner by chance?

i have a phone app.

> heck better yet, do you have an SDR?
what the hell is that.

> the 2.4gig band... there's baby monitors and cameras etc and those chinesium

we have a baby monitor upstairs too.

> for exampl. stick a hobby 2.4 gig or 5.8 gig video receiver and drive around

I don't even know where to get one of those.

I think i'm going to get a plug in repeater and put it right by the
front door.

btw, you need to change your bbs tagline
https://i.imgur.com/D6EPbXl.png
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: old houses and wifi

<652C0B38.5353.dove.dove-int@realitycheckbbs.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=105&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#105

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: old houses and wifi
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 08:57:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 15:57 UTC

-=> MRO wrote to Digital Man <=-

> I used power-line network adapters to create WiFi bridges and repeaters and
> the best solutions I've found are the mesh network systems:
> https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/

MR> oh boy those are expensive.

I ran powerline for years, as long as you have one breaker box they're
great. I have 2 boxes, and signals on two powerline adapters on
different boxes would drop every 2 weeks or so, requiring me to go to
two floors and power-cycle them.

I think I paid $35 for the first two, and bought another for about the
same price. Got about 100 mbps between the two on the same box, 40 when
traveling across breaker boxes.

If you have a high-end thrift store around, keep your eyes out. I just
saw a 4 node orbi system for $79, bet it works great. This place often
had cisco and fortinet gear and rack-mounted switches - not your normal,
run-of-the-mill Goodwill.

.... Abandon normal instruments
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re: old houses and wifi

<652CE60F.1548.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=108&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#108

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 02:28:15 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 07:28 UTC

Re: Re: old houses and wifi
By: poindexter FORTRAN to MRO on Sat Oct 14 2023 08:57 am

> -=> MRO wrote to Digital Man <=-
>
> > I used power-line network adapters to create WiFi bridges and repeaters
> > and the best solutions I've found are the mesh network systems:
> > https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/
>
> MR> oh boy those are expensive.
>

> I ran powerline for years, as long as you have one breaker box they're
> great. I have 2 boxes, and signals on two powerline adapters on
> different boxes would drop every 2 weeks or so, requiring me to go to
> two floors and power-cycle them.

well i want a wifi repeater that i can just plug in.
i'll see if i can get something to work. my house is too old to be running signals through the power lines.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: old houses and wifi

<652D3A40.25.dove-internet@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=110&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#110

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 08:27:28 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: The Lizard Master - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:27 UTC

Re: Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to poindexter FORTRAN on Mon Oct 16 2023 02:28 am

> well i want a wifi repeater that i can just plug in.
> i'll see if i can get something to work. my house is too old to be running
> signals through the power lines.

I swapped out my ubiquity AP recently. I think I stil have the old one if you want to try it out and see if it works you can have the old one. The old one was still working okay.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

old houses and wifi

<652D6FB5.32.dove-internet@bbs.thefbo.us>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=111&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#111

From: charles.blackburn@VERT/THEFBO (Charles Blackburn)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:15:33 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Charles Blackburn - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 17:15 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to Charles Blackburn on Sat Oct 14 2023 16:59:24

> Re: old houses and wifi
> By: Charles Blackburn to MRO on Sat Oct 14 2023 10:51 am
>
> > > By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Oct 13 2023 09:08 am
> > yea for sure.. it's definately hit n miss, but technology nowadays has
> > made them a lot more robust for sure.
> you're quoting nightfox and replying to me.

yea i goofed :D i saw his reply to your reply first lol

> > do you have a wifi scanner by chance?
> i have a phone app.

that might work, at least it would give you relative signal strengh

> > heck better yet, do you have an SDR?
> what the hell is that.
geeky version of a scanner :D

> > the 2.4gig band... there's baby monitors and cameras etc and those
> > chinesium
> we have a baby monitor upstairs too.

i've seen some that completely splatter the lower half of the wifi spectrum. the apartments we used to have people were always complaining that the wifi sucked. didnt help there were 7 routers on the same channel, but what was worse, one of the neighbours bought some "kiddie-cams" that used 2.4 gig and their radios were well.... not well made and splattered the first 4 channels on the wifi band. we all banded together and bought them a new one and never had any issues after that and since once everyone moved the wifi router channels

I movedc out a month later lol

> > for exampl. stick a hobby 2.4 gig or 5.8 gig video receiver and drive
> > around
> I don't even know where to get one of those.
>
> I think i'm going to get a plug in repeater and put it right by the
> front door.

that would probably be your best bet.. I have to have one here for a camera that's on the garage and this is just a regular single-level home. but the garage is on the opposite side of the house and while it works without it, i get less dropouts since i put one in.

> btw, you need to change your bbs tagline

yea i know just havent gotten around to it (amongst other things)

charlie

---
■ Synchronet ■ My Brand-New BBS

Re: old houses and wifi

<652DED16.1553.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=113&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#113

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 21:10:30 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:10 UTC

Re: Re: old houses and wifi
By: The Lizard Master to MRO on Mon Oct 16 2023 08:27 am

> Re: Re: old houses and wifi
> By: MRO to poindexter FORTRAN on Mon Oct 16 2023 02:28 am
>
> > well i want a wifi repeater that i can just plug in.
> > i'll see if i can get something to work. my house is too old to be
> > running signals through the power lines.
>
> I swapped out my ubiquity AP recently. I think I stil have the old one if
> you want to try it out and see if it works you can have the old one. The old
> one was still working okay.

that's very nice of you but i think i'm going to get a repeater and put it across the house downstairs. i'll also have to do some more testing.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: old houses and wifi

<652E45BF.388.dove-internet@tacopronto.bbs.io>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=115&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#115

From: bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON (Bf2k+)
To: MRO
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 01:28:47 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Bf2k+ - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:28 UTC

Re: Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to The Lizard Master on Mon Oct 16 2023 09:10 pm

My house isn't too old (20 years) but it is 84 ft. long. My cablemode is in the garage on one end of the hose where my office is located so all of my stuff is wired but my wife and grandson use wireless. I put 2 TPLink repeaters in the house... a 600 at the far end and a 450 in the middle. My Blink doorbell and cameras are all wireless along with the phones and such. I have almost zero problems with this setup.

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io

old houses and wifi

<65DFD40C.1687.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=929&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#929

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: All
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 18:47:08 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 00:47 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: MRO to All on Fri Oct 13 2023 12:18 am

> Anybody like me and live in a real old house with walls as hard as rocks?
>
> I have a router that is in the back of the house. there's clear line of
> sight to the front of the house, not that many feet to the front porch. I
> have a big metal door and like i said the walls are hard as a rock.
>
> I can barely get wifi to my front cameras. I even tried swapping out other
> routers and same deal. Also i have to use 2.5ghz for my dzees cameras.
>
> Anyone have this issue with wifi not getting through? should i spend 40
> bucks on a repeater that plugs in the wall?
>
> https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WiFi-Range-Extender-EX5000/dp/B083R46CV8/
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Wifi-Extender-Booster-Wireless-Repeater/dp/B08RHD97QY

okay folks. i finally have got my issue fixed. i tried different channels, got a wifi extender and it just didnt help. i even did an extension cord for the extender so i was a matter of feet away from my outside cameras.

so today i just did an extension cord and now i'm projecting it through the glass in my front window.

now next time kids slash everyone's tires, i will have crystal clear pictures of it instead of a pit pixilation. that's what happened to 2 streets last monday night. my car needed new tires anyways, but not this way. and they got the good ones.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

old houses and wifi

<65E08CCC.5666.dove-int@capcity2.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=930&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#930

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 08:51:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 13:51 UTC

> now next time kids slash everyone's tires, i will have crystal clear pictures
> it instead of a pit pixilation. that's what happened to 2 streets last mond
> night. my car needed new tires anyways, but not this way. and they got the
> od ones.

Glad you got it figured out, and it sounds like just in time, too.

* SLMR 2.1a * SysOp: Gofer in charge of bolts, wires & electricity

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

old houses and wifi

<65E0BCFA.1689.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=931&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#931

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 11:20:58 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 17:20 UTC

Re: old houses and wifi
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Thu Feb 29 2024 08:51 am

> > now next time kids slash everyone's tires, i will have crystal clear
> > pictures
> > it instead of a pit pixilation. that's what happened to 2 streets last
> > mond
> > night. my car needed new tires anyways, but not this way. and they got
> > the od ones.
>
> Glad you got it figured out, and it sounds like just in time, too.

not really. i did it after the tires were slashed. also video isn't really useful in most situations. black people in hoodies. how can you pick out who that is unless their parents or friends turn them in.

also this was at 10:40pm and called in by my neighbor who is a police officer.
his girlfriend saw it. also other people on the other street saw it. then the kids ran off in different directions. i notice the police car on my street at 1:30am. some response time.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: old houses and wifi

<65E3D638.2391.dove-int@battlestarbbs.dyndns.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=932&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#932

From: argelian@VERT/BATTLEST (Argelian)
To: MRO
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 13:35:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Argelian - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 18:35 UTC

-=[ On 02-29-24 11:20, MRO wrote to Dumas Walker below: ]=-
-=[ Re: old houses and wifi ]=-

Hi MRO!

MR> Re: old houses and wifi
MR> By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Thu Feb 29 2024 08:51 am

MR> also this was at 10:40pm and called in by my neighbor who is a police
MR> officer. his girlfriend saw it. also other people on the other street
MR> saw it. then the kids ran off in different directions. i notice the
MR> police car on my street at 1:30am. some response time.
Dispatching an officer to handle a slashed tire is a low priority IMHO. But at
least an officer did go out to take statements but highly doubt the people
responsible will ever get caught by our justice system.

Cheers,
Bryan
bhandfield(at)me(dot)com

.... He's a bay born b'y!
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Battlestar BBS - battlestarbbs.dyndns.org

Re: old houses and wifi

<65E4B3E0.1691.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=933&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#933

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Argelian
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 11:31:12 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 17:31 UTC

Re: Re: old houses and wifi
By: Argelian to MRO on Sat Mar 02 2024 01:35 pm

> MR> officer. his girlfriend saw it. also other people on the other street
> MR> saw it. then the kids ran off in different directions. i notice the
> MR> police car on my street at 1:30am. some response time.

> Dispatching an officer to handle a slashed tire is a low priority IMHO. But
> at least an officer did go out to take statements but highly doubt the
> people responsible will ever get caught by our justice system.

it wasn't just "a slashed tire". it was several blocks of slashed tires.
i provided a video but they did not post it or any information where anybody would see it.

so no crimestoppers money.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: old houses and wifi

<65E66F75.2393.dove-int@battlestarbbs.dyndns.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=934&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#934

From: argelian@VERT/BATTLEST (Argelian)
To: MRO
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:53:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Argelian - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 23:53 UTC

-=[ On 03-03-24 11:31, MRO wrote to Argelian below: ]=-
-=[ Re: Re: old houses and wifi ]=-

Hi MRO!

> Dispatching an officer to handle a slashed tire is a low priority IMHO. But
> at least an officer did go out to take statements but highly doubt the
> people responsible will ever get caught by our justice system.

MR> it wasn't just "a slashed tire". it was several blocks of slashed
MR> tires. i provided a video but they did not post it or any information
MR> where anybody would see it.
I am sorry that you have to deal with that. I hope that thing work out for you
but I highly doubt the people responsible for this are going to get caught.

Cheers,
Bryan
bhandfield(at)me(dot)com

.... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Battlestar BBS - battlestarbbs.dyndns.org

Re: old houses and wifi

<65E6A667.1693.dove-int@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=935&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#935

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Argelian
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 22:58:15 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 04:58 UTC

Re: Re: old houses and wifi
By: Argelian to MRO on Sun Mar 03 2024 06:53 pm

> MR> it wasn't just "a slashed tire". it was several blocks of slashed
> MR> tires. i provided a video but they did not post it or any information
> MR> where anybody would see it.

> I am sorry that you have to deal with that. I hope that thing work out for
> you but I highly doubt the people responsible for this are going to get
> caught.

yeah they won't get caught, unless i catch them.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::