From: esc@VERT/MONTEREY (esc)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: ..the End of Targeted
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 17:23:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: esc - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 17:23 UTC

MR> people DO need protection from facebook though. or facebook should just
MR> be transparent about what it does. yes, they arent forcing you to use
MR> it, but it's mainstream and they have been pulling bullshit evil shit
MR> for years. ---

Can't say I agree but respect your opinion nonetheless.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
* Origin: m O N T E R E Y b B S . c O M

Re: ..the End of Targeted

<63F807EA.1412.dove-int@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=880&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#880

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: esc
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 11:42:18 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 17:42 UTC

Re: Re: ..the End of Targeted
By: esc to MRO on Thu Feb 23 2023 12:23 am

> MR> people DO need protection from facebook though. or facebook should
> MR> just be transparent about what it does. yes, they arent forcing you to
> MR> use
> MR> it, but it's mainstream and they have been pulling bullshit evil shit
> MR> for years. ---
>
> Can't say I agree but respect your opinion nonetheless.

look up facebook and what they've done for years. look at their lawsuits.

they've used user information for illegal purposes and have been convicted as such. they still spy on their users with the mobile app. have a conversation and then you see the ads for the shit you talked about popping up on facebook.

they've also manipulated information on covid, the covid vaccine and they've tried to manipulate the presidential election. those are all facts.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::