From: ogg@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Ogg)
To: All
Subject: ChatGPT?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:22:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Ogg - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 15:22 UTC

The 100 million user milestone - ChatGPT.

ChatGPT just crossed the 100 million monthly active user (MAU) mark.

Last month, ChatGPT broke records by getting to one million users in just five days after its launch. For context, this is something that took Instagram two and a half months to do. It took Twitter two years to hit one million users. And it took Netflix three and half years before it attracted a million users.

So ChatGPT blew everybody out of the water on that metric.

ChatGPT gets to 100 million users in just two months.

This is the fastest software application adoption in history. Even Instagram took two and a half years to attract 100 million users.

Of course, there are immense implications here.

Just last week, OpenAI launched its $20 a month subscription program for ChatGPT.

Microsoft now owns somewhere around 75% of OpenAI.

I've watched a few YT vids about it and what it looks like. Seems interesting. It also seems that if could replace Google searches for info.

--- OpenXP 5.0.57
* Origin: Ogg's Dovenet Point (723:320/1.9)
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: ChatGPT?

<63ED00C1.16.dove-internet@darkmatt.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=815&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#815

From: grease@VERT/DARKMATT (Grease)
To: Ogg
Subject: Re: ChatGPT?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 02:44:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Grease - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 08:44 UTC

On 02-13-23 17:22, Ogg mumbled to All about ChatGPT?.

Og> The 100 million user milestone - ChatGPT.
Og> ChatGPT just crossed the 100 million monthly active user (MAU) mark.

Og> I've watched a few YT vids about it and what it looks like. Seems
Og> interesting. It also seems that if could replace Google searches for
Og> info.

Huge implications. As they said in South Park, "Dey tuk r dur".

Grease

Grease
Supreme High Potentate
Dark Matter BBS

QWK: DoveNet, fsxNet, SFNet, SciNet
FTN: AgoraNet (46:10/135), Fidonet (1:106/101), TQWNet (1337:3/120)
.... What is mind? No matter! What is matter? Never mind! - Homer S.
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � Dark Matter BBS - darkmatt.synchro.net