From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (Nelgin)
To: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_JavaScript
Subject: Sixel stuff
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 19:21:59 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Nelgin - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 00:21 UTC

Thanks to codefenix at Constructive Chaos BBS for pointing me at the
sixel stuff - I had no idea it was out there.

For those who want to give it a try themselves I've come up with a
little program that will take the NASA Picture of the Day from the NASA
file echo, convert it to sixel and display right on your terminal, if
you're using one that's compatible, such as SyncTerm v1.1 or later.

create /sbbs/xtrn/nasa
Simply grab https://www.endofthelinebbs.com/nasa.tar.bz2
extract the files using tar xf nasa.tar.bz2 (you may have to specify
tar jxf if your tar isn't smart).

Install imagemagick and unzip if not already on your system.

Configure the directories in the script, refer to the read me.
Create a menu option

Give it a try!

I'd love to get feedback on improvements or if it works (especially if
you're on Windows since I cannot test it). I'm not the best JS scripter
but it works! (for me anyway).
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23