From: fusion@VERT/CFBBS (fusion)
To: Ogg
Subject: Re: session for win7
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 08:19:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: fusion - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 08:19 UTC

On 09 Sep 2023, Ogg said the following...
Og> I've been using Session desktop on Win7 quite satisfactorily
Og> for a while now. Update notices come along and prompt you to

Og> Well.. apparently, Win7 does not support DiscardVirtualMemory.
Og> There was no clue of this at the Session blog.

Og> So.. just a heads up to any other Win7 users out there,
Og> apparently Win7 support has ended at 1.11.0.

If you really have to, and they end up disabling access for older clients, you can do what I used to with OS/2 .. run an X server (VcXsrv .. or worst case Xming), and send your program over from a capable Linux machine.

* Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi

session for win7

<64FE476A.5489.dove-int@capitolcityonline.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=78&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#78

From: ogg@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Ogg)
To: fusion
Subject: session for win7
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 17:39:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Ogg - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 21:39 UTC

Hello fusion!

** On Sunday 10.09.23 - 08:19, fusion wrote to Ogg:

Og>> So.. just a heads up to any other Win7 users out there,
Og>> apparently Win7 support has ended at 1.11.0.

f> If you really have to, and they end up disabling access for
f> older clients, you can do what I used to with OS/2 .. run
f> an X server (VcXsrv .. or worst case Xming), and send your
f> program over from a capable Linux machine.

Sounds interesting. I have never tried anything like that, or
VMs for that matter. But I am game to try it if/when Session DT
for Win7 is disabled somehow. Never heard of VcXsrv or Xming.
However, I would also be fine with limiting my Session use on
my mobile devices if that keeps me going. Thx for the tip.

--- OpenXP 5.0.57
* Origin: Ogg's Dovenet Point (723:320/1.9)
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP