From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dumas Walker
Subject: biking
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 15:09:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Moondog - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 20:09 UTC

Re: biking
By: Dumas Walker to MOONDOG on Sat Feb 11 2023 09:55 am

> > ber, and tried to act more grown up than she was. She thought because she
> > was anonymous that she could be a little flirty and raunchy. If I didn't
> > know she was someone's little sister or cousin, I would think she was a
> > police bait account scouting out guests to appear on "to catch a predator.
>
> Geez, she must have been pretty bad then if it was "police bait" material.
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * Beware of programmers carrying screwdrivers.

Yeah, I wondered where she came up with some of the stuff she wrote. It remin
ded me of something I would imagine being post in advice column in Penthouse.
I bet if her parents knew what she was posting on the BBS', they would have h
er excorcised for demons or locked in a convent until she was 30.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

biking

<63E90079.3030.dove-spo@capitolcityonline.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=52&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#52

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: NIGHTFOX
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 02:40:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 07:40 UTC

> DW> There is at least one on fidonet that posts in echoes under two different
> DW> personas. People call him out on it but he claims they are not the same
> DW> person.

> Several years ago, I saw some messages on a FidoNet echo that a couple people
> ought my account was a second account of one of my users. And one of them sai
> they thought my real name sounded like it could have been made up. One of the
> changed the "To" name to mine when replying to one of their messages, and when
> saw that message come up in a new-scan, I wondered what was going on.. I rep
> ed and said he replied to the wrong person. :P

You were not the person I had in mind. :) That is a good story.

* SLMR 2.1a * Deja Moo: the feeling you have heard this bull before

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

biking

<63E90079.3031.dove-spo@capitolcityonline.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=53&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#53

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 02:47:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 07:47 UTC

> Each person's writing style and vocabulary is like a fingerprint; even when th
> try to disguise it, that just tips them off.

Especially if you get them upset, or if they post as one persona while
forgetting that they are logged on as the other one.

* SLMR 2.1a * Married, Who me? I can't mate in captivity!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

biking

<63E914CE.7892.dove-spo@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=54&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#54

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: DUMAS WALKER
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 03:08:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Cougar428 - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 11:08 UTC

-=> Quoting Dumas Walker to Cougar428 <=-

> I sent you this and marked it as personal. I have been wondering if
> it really is personal and only you would recieve it. I'd hate to
> send someone a "personal only" message only to find it went to
> everyone in the conference.

DW> It reached here as public. ;)

Thanks there Dumas ~ I had already kind of seen that myself as well.
Not that I was saying anything that needed to personal, just
testing. Of course I realize that pretty much anything you post or
put out there will never be private.

Cougar

.... Hackers know all the right MOVs.

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

biking

<63E92A82.4597.dove_dove-spo@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=55&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#55

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 03:05:54 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Nightfox - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 11:05 UTC

Re: biking
By: Dumas Walker to NIGHTFOX on Sun Feb 12 2023 09:40 am

> DW>> There is at least one on fidonet that posts in echoes under two
DW> different
> DW>> personas. People call him out on it but he claims they are not the
> DW>> same person.

>> Several years ago, I saw some messages on a FidoNet echo that a couple
>> people ought my account was a second account of one of my users. And

DW> You were not the person I had in mind. :) That is a good story.

I didn't think so. :) What you were talking about just reminded me of that.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

biking

<63E951A2.859.dove-spo@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=56&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#56

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 07:52:50 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: MRO - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 13:52 UTC

Re: biking
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sun Feb 12 2023 09:47 am

> > Each person's writing style and vocabulary is like a fingerprint; even
> > when th
> > try to disguise it, that just tips them off.
>
> Especially if you get them upset, or if they post as one persona while
> forgetting that they are logged on as the other one.

oh yeah i've seen the forget to switch. that cracks me up.

i also used to be able to finger people with synchronet and pull up their ip addresses.

Chinaman isnt the only one that did that here; there's a guy who's still
running his bbs that did it. He was also going on other bbses and applying as
other people's names.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

biking

<63E951F7.860.dove-spo@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=57&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#57

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Cougar428
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 07:54:15 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: MRO - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 13:54 UTC

Re: biking
By: Cougar428 to DUMAS WALKER on Sun Feb 12 2023 10:08 am

> Thanks there Dumas ~ I had already kind of seen that myself as well.
> Not that I was saying anything that needed to personal, just
> testing. Of course I realize that pretty much anything you post or
> put out there will never be private.

you can send them a personal msg via qwk
username@hub/node
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

biking

<63EBED45.7897.dove-spo@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=59&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#59

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: MRO
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:18:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Cougar428 - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 16:18 UTC

-=> Quoting Mro to Cougar428 <=-

> Thanks there Dumas ~ I had already kind of seen that myself as well.
> Not that I was saying anything that needed to personal, just
> testing. Of course I realize that pretty much anything you post or
> put out there will never be private.

Mr> you can send them a personal msg via qwk
Mr> username@hub/node

I will have to give that a try! Thanks again there MRO, I should
start reading the FM instead of waiting for you to point me in the
right direction...

Cougar

.... What do you mean? You actually read this tagline?!?

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

biking

<63E7BE20.171.dove-sports@tiabbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=61&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#61

From: brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS (Brokenmind)
To: Cougar428
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 04:11:12 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Brokenmind - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 09:11 UTC

Re: biking
By: Cougar428 to BROKENMIND on Sat Feb 04 2023 07:28 am

Co> Sounds like you have settled in pretty well, and I can tell you like
Co> where you live. I also live in a rural area, I have 17 acres and
Co> lots of room. I used to just go out on a clear evening in the
Co> summer and lay in the grass to look at the stars. I haven't done
Co> that in a while, but your message makes me want to give it a try
Co> again this summer!

Co> Thanks again!

I have been here about 19 years now and it was a vary big change from a big city to a vary small town of about 1400 but yes i have settled in preaty well. it's amazing talking about a small town last year my yongest granddauhter graduated from preschool from the next town over and I noticed that most of the parents that were there I knew from over the year and had watched them grow up and a few of them used to play with my children when they were younger. in the city you don't always get to see that. in the city at least for me you are lucky if you get to know the people who live on each side of you. also i'm not sure if i have said this before but small town drama. You can have a chicken egg and by the time you get to the next town it somehow turns into a full blown chicken... :) :) :)

BrokenMind

---
■ Synchronet

biking

<63E7BEC2.172.dove-sports@tiabbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=62&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#62

From: brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS (Brokenmind)
To: Cougar428
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 04:13:54 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Brokenmind - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 09:13 UTC

Re: biking
By: Cougar428 to MOONDOG on Tue Feb 07 2023 10:45 pm

Mo>> I live in the "sticks" in SW Michigan, and I have 5 acres of
Mo>> frontage surrounded by 80 acres owned by the previous owner. She
Mo>> sold off the house and land, but kept the farm land for renting.
Mo>> I'm on a side road, so there's times I can shoot critters from the
Mo>> front porch with a .22 or even take a leak off the porch without
Mo>> disturbing the neighbors.

Co> Wow. Taking a leak in the front yard...

Co> Wait, you're not from Appalachia are you?
Co> (Just kidding! Appalachians - Please don't hit me!)

Thats funny but it's so true I have a few friends not in town but out in the town ship that you could shoot things right off of your porch. I have seen deer , coyotes , bears , skunks and all sorts of wildlife come though town and over the main state highway

BrokenMind

---
■ Synchronet

biking

<63E7BFFA.173.dove-sports@tiabbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=63&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#63

From: brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS (Brokenmind)
To: Moondog
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 04:19:06 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Brokenmind - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 09:19 UTC

Re: biking
By: Moondog to Cougar428 on Thu Feb 09 2023 12:36 pm

Mo> Years ago I had co-sysopaccess on my neighbor's BBS and they could view
Mo> all messages. Besides being a nice guy, my friend gave me access because
Mo> we had heard from other local BBS's a minor (15y/o girl)liked to play
Mo> games and talk dirty with other board members. We were concerned for her
Mo> safety with regards to online predators. We had one younger member, my
Mo> friend's next door neighbor wh was 16 or 17, and she had met him at a
Mo> graduation party and had a crush on him. He didn't want any part of here.
Mo> He said she was too crazy

That is a good idea. I had a few co-sysops back in the day and I was a co-sysop for a few boards also back in the 80s and 90s. I have posted this on dovenet before but i nearly became a victim from an encounter with a predator from a synchronet bbs system years ago. sad thing is the Sysop was aware and just told people to iggnore the person. He tried to lure me to him picking me up and taking me to a hotel to watch porn and mabey do other things depending..... I nearly did wanting to be cool and be an adult.

BrokenMind

---
■ Synchronet

biking

<63ECFF81.7105.dove-spo@cavebbs.homeip.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=66&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#66

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Brokenmind
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 03:51:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Moondog - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 08:51 UTC

Re: biking
By: Brokenmind to Cougar428 on Sat Feb 11 2023 11:13 am

> Re: biking
> By: Cougar428 to MOONDOG on Tue Feb 07 2023 10:45 pm
>
> Mo>> I live in the "sticks" in SW Michigan, and I have 5 acres of
> Mo>> frontage surrounded by 80 acres owned by the previous owner. She
> Mo>> sold off the house and land, but kept the farm land for renting.
> Mo>> I'm on a side road, so there's times I can shoot critters from the
> Mo>> front porch with a .22 or even take a leak off the porch without
> Mo>> disturbing the neighbors.
>
> Co> Wow. Taking a leak in the front yard...
>
> Co> Wait, you're not from Appalachia are you?
> Co> (Just kidding! Appalachians - Please don't hit me!)
>
> Thats funny but it's so true I have a few friends not in town but out in the
> hway
>
> BrokenMind

Raccoon and possum visit the cat food dish at night. We moved it from the
barn and put it under a porch light in a safe direction. I have a friend
with an $8000 Flir thermal optic on a suppressed .22. When I pay off my mortg
age that would be a cool investment. A co-worker of my brother hunts coyote
behind the house during the spring, and he only has an image intensifier nigh
vision device. I've seen people using a red spotlight against raccoons and
coyote effectively, since the red light wavelength doesn't appear to bother
them.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

biking

<63EE2EA1.7910.dove-spo@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=71&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#71

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: BROKENMIND
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 00:40:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Cougar428 - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 08:40 UTC

-=> Quoting Brokenmind to Cougar428 <=-

<Snip>
Br> you get to know the people who live on each side of you. also i'm not
Br> sure if i have said this before but small town drama. You can have a
Br> chicken egg and by the time you get to the next town it somehow turns
Br> into a full blown chicken... :) :) :)

Kind of like in the Army, the NCO would tell the first person the
orders, and when they passed it down the line - the last person
heard something completely different than intended...

B^}

.... I thank my lucky stars I'm not superstitious.

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

biking

<63EE2EA1.7911.dove-spo@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=72&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#72

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: BROKENMIND
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 01:22:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Cougar428 - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:22 UTC

-=> Quoting Brokenmind to Cougar428 <=-

Mo>> I'm on a side road, so there's times I can shoot critters from the
Mo>> front porch with a .22 or even take a leak off the porch without
Mo>> disturbing the neighbors.
Co> Wow. Taking a leak in the front yard...
Co> Wait, you're not from Appalachia are you?
Co> (Just kidding! Appalachians - Please don't hit me!)

Br> Thats funny but it's so true I have a few friends not in town but out
Br> in the town ship that you could shoot things right off of your porch.
Br> I have seen deer , coyotes , bears , skunks and all sorts of wildlife
Br> come though town and over the main state highway

I live on 17 acres and behind my house is a large uphill area. So I
do shoot my small arms targets right behind my house. The uphill
area is the back stop. I have taken out a few pest animals, but
wouldn't shoot anywhere other than the back. Who knows where the
bullets might end up. Tnere are occasional small black bears that
tear my suet poles down (bend the metal poles). But, I don't
normally see them. Deer as well, but I'm not a hunter.

Cougar

.... Error finding COLD BEER. Sysop not loaded.

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

biking

<63EE5C68.201.dove-sports@tiabbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=74&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#74

From: brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS (Brokenmind)
To: Moondog
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 04:40:08 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Brokenmind - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:40 UTC

Re: biking
By: Moondog to Brokenmind on Wed Feb 15 2023 10:51 am

Mo> Raccoon and possum visit the cat food dish at night. We moved it from the
Mo> barn and put it under a porch light in a safe direction. I have a friend
Mo> with an $8000 Flir thermal optic on a suppressed .22. When I pay off my
Mo> mortg age that would be a cool investment. A co-worker of my brother hunts
Mo> coyote behind the house during the spring, and he only has an image
Mo> intensifier nigh vision device. I've seen people using a red spotlight
Mo> against raccoons and coyote effectively, since the red light wavelength
Mo> doesn't appear to bother them.

Cool have fun hunting....

BrokenMind

---
■ Synchronet

biking

<63EE6583.7112.dove-spo@cavebbs.homeip.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=75&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#75

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Cougar428
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 05:18:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Moondog - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 10:18 UTC

Re: biking
By: Cougar428 to BROKENMIND on Thu Feb 16 2023 07:40 am

> -=> Quoting Brokenmind to Cougar428 <=-
>
> <Snip>
> Br> you get to know the people who live on each side of you. also i'm not
> Br> sure if i have said this before but small town drama. You can have a
> Br> chicken egg and by the time you get to the next town it somehow turns
> Br> into a full blown chicken... :) :) :)
>
> Kind of like in the Army, the NCO would tell the first person the
> orders, and when they passed it down the line - the last person
> heard something completely different than intended...
>
> B^}
>
> ... I thank my lucky stars I'm not superstitious.
>
> ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20

In little towns everybody knows each other and thinks knowing everyone else' b
usiness goes with it. My mother would yak on the phone with her friends ,
and my father would hear the gossip at the coffee shop or down at the tavern.

In a way Facebook has killed much of gossip and messing up stories because
everyone can read the original post.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

biking

<63EE66EF.7113.dove-spo@cavebbs.homeip.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=76&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#76

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Cougar428
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 05:25:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Moondog - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 10:25 UTC

Re: biking
By: Cougar428 to BROKENMIND on Thu Feb 16 2023 08:22 am

> -=> Quoting Brokenmind to Cougar428 <=-
>
> Mo>> I'm on a side road, so there's times I can shoot critters from the
> Mo>> front porch with a .22 or even take a leak off the porch without
> Mo>> disturbing the neighbors.
>
> Co> Wow. Taking a leak in the front yard...
>
> Co> Wait, you're not from Appalachia are you?
> Co> (Just kidding! Appalachians - Please don't hit me!)
>
> Br> Thats funny but it's so true I have a few friends not in town but out
> Br> in the town ship that you could shoot things right off of your porch.
> Br> I have seen deer , coyotes , bears , skunks and all sorts of wildlife
> Br> come though town and over the main state highway
>
> I live on 17 acres and behind my house is a large uphill area. So I
> do shoot my small arms targets right behind my house. The uphill
> area is the back stop. I have taken out a few pest animals, but
> wouldn't shoot anywhere other than the back. Who knows where the
> bullets might end up. Tnere are occasional small black bears that
> tear my suet poles down (bend the metal poles). But, I don't
> normally see them. Deer as well, but I'm not a hunter.
>
> Cougar
>
> ... Error finding COLD BEER. Sysop not loaded.
>
> ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20

I have 5 acres of frontage that was sold off separately from the 80 acres of
farm land that surrounds it. I bought the farmhouse and buildings, but the la
nd owner kept the land and moved into town. She rents the land to a local
farmer. My nearest neighbor on each side is a quarter of a mile away, with
farm land in between us. On the mile stretch of road there are 5 houses
spaced out between fields and wooded areas.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net