From: ogg@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Ogg)
To: All
Subject: protonmail inactive accounts
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 14:39:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Ogg - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 18:39 UTC

Changes regarding inactive ProtonMail accounts

"Inactive accounts present a security and domain reputation
risk as they could potentially be taken over without the
original owner realizing and then used to send spam or abuse.
Therefore, on a case-by-case basis, we may start to disable
accounts that have been inactive for over a year. Note, this
does not apply to paid plans.

"As of April 2022, free accounts that have been inactive for 12
months or longer are at risk of being deactivated and
eventually deleted. All stored data will also be erased.

"If your account has been deactivated, you will not be able to
reuse your email address while signing up for a new ProtonMail
account or activate it as an email alias from a different
account.

"Example: You are a free ProtonMail user and your email address
is alice@protonmail.com. If your ProtonMail account is inactive
for 12 months or longer, we may deactivate it. This means you
will no longer be able to access your account. No one will be
able to use alice@protonmail.com either.

--- OpenXP 5.0.51
* Origin: Ogg's Dovenet Point (723:320/1.9)
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

protonmail inactive accounts

<6253B6D0.1199.dove-int@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=657&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#657

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Ogg
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 17:04:16 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 22:04 UTC

Re: protonmail inactive accounts
By: Ogg to All on Sun Apr 10 2022 09:39 pm

> Changes regarding inactive ProtonMail accounts
>
> "Inactive accounts present a security and domain reputation

if we use protonmail we will get this email, i think.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::