Subject: Re: EVIL
From: JIMMY ANDERSON
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 22:37 UTC
From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: ANDEDDU
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 22:37:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
-=> ANDEDDU wrote to ALL <=-

 AN> @VIA: AMSTRAD
 AN> @MSGID: <61F1C4FD.6375.dove-religion@amstrad.simulant.uk>
 AN> God had given his creatures an absolute FREE WILL. God's pleasure, it
 AN> would seem, is derived from the love of His creatures who remain loyal,
 AN> faithful, and true, voluntarily, out of respect for HIS infinite
 AN> perfections.

 AN> The fall of Lucifer proves that all angels and all human beings can
 AN> become evil if they so choose.

 AN> As such, the universe has been dominated by two supernatural powers.
 AN> God rules over those of His creatures that remain loyal to Him, while
 AN> Lucifer is the Prince of the regions of darkness, and rules the
 AN> multitudes who voluntarily defect from God and join him in rebellion.

 AN> Has this first Heavenly revolution transferred itself to Earth? Is
 AN> there an ongoing battle between GOOD and EVIL, the agents of Lucifer
 AN> and those who are loyal to God? And is this part of God's plan in
 AN> relation to the coming End Times?

Ever read Hal Lindsey's book "Satan is alive and well on planet Earth?"

I read it years ago, and it stands true today as well!

.... <A>bort <R>etry <D>o what I mean!!!
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
 ■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Cordova, TN * winserver.org

From: Andeddu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 01:15 UTC
From: andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD (Andeddu)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 01:15:47 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: Re: EVIL
  By: JIMMY ANDERSON to ANDEDDU on Sun Jan 30 2022 10:37 pm

 > Ever read Hal Lindsey's book "Satan is alive and well on planet Earth?"
 >
 > I read it years ago, and it stands true today as well!

No. I have checked it out on Amazon though and it looks like an interesting
read. I'll add it to my list! If you believe in God then you will know that
Satan is alive and is the ruler of Earth... Earth being part of the kingdom of
Hell.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!

From: DaiTengu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 23:15 UTC
From: daitengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE (DaiTengu)
To: Andeddu
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 17:15:31 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: Re: EVIL
  By: Andeddu to JIMMY ANDERSON on Mon Feb 07 2022 01:15 am

 >> Ever read Hal Lindsey's book "Satan is alive and well on planet Earth?"

 >> I read it years ago, and it stands true today as well!

 An> No. I have checked it out on Amazon though and it looks like an interesting
 An> read. I'll add it to my list! If you believe in God then you will know that
 An> Satan is alive and is the ruler of Earth... Earth being part of the kingdom of
 An> Hell.

 Seems a little extreme.  Who came up with that fanfiction?

DaiTengu

.... Government corruption seems always to be reported in the past tense.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com

From: MRO
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 06:41 UTC
From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: DaiTengu
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 00:41:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: Re: EVIL
  By: DaiTengu to Andeddu on Tue Feb 08 2022 05:15 pm

 >   Re: Re: EVIL
 >   By: Andeddu to JIMMY ANDERSON on Mon Feb 07 2022 01:15 am
 >
 >
 >  >> Ever read Hal Lindsey's book "Satan is alive and well on planet Earth?"
 >
 >  >> I read it years ago, and it stands true today as well!
 >
 >  An> No. I have checked it out on Amazon though and it looks like an
 >  An> interesting
 >  An> read. I'll add it to my list! If you believe in God then you will know
 >  An> that
 >  An> Satan is alive and is the ruler of Earth... Earth being part of the
 >  An> kingdom of
 >  An> Hell.
 >
 >  Seems a little extreme.  Who came up with that fanfiction?
 >
 > DaiTengu

well satanism has really invaded the country.  'do what you want' and talk prospering financially but not serving god has really got into churches. especially black churches.

i'm not sure about satan being the ruler of earth.  if there is a satan he doesnt have to do anything for bad people to be evil. seems like a scapegoat.
---
 ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

From: Andeddu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:38 UTC
From: andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD (Andeddu)
To: DaiTengu
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:38:39 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: Re: EVIL
  By: DaiTengu to Andeddu on Tue Feb 08 2022 05:15 pm

 >  Seems a little extreme.  Who came up with that fanfiction?
 >
 > DaiTengu

Dunno... some book called The Bible.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!

From: Andeddu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:50 UTC
From: andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD (Andeddu)
To: MRO
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:50:04 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: Re: EVIL
  By: MRO to DaiTengu on Wed Feb 09 2022 12:41 am

 > well satanism has really invaded the country.  'do what you want' and talk
 > prospering financially but not serving god has really got into churches.
 > especially black churches.
 >
 > i'm not sure about satan being the ruler of earth.  if there is a satan he
 > doesnt have to do anything for bad people to be evil. seems like a
 > scapegoat.

Satan spoke to Jesus in Matthew 4:8-9 at the temptation in the wilderness where
he asked "Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all
the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to him, 'all these I
will give you, if you will fall down and worship me'"

God considered it wise, as part of his curse on the world after the fall of
man, to give Satan power in this world. Satan rules by permission as it is part
of His plan as we humans undergo our trial on Earth.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!

From: DaiTengu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 14:12 UTC
From: daitengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE (DaiTengu)
To: Andeddu
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 08:12:12 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: Re: EVIL
  By: Andeddu to DaiTengu on Wed Feb 09 2022 06:38 pm

 >> Seems a little extreme.  Who came up with that fanfiction?

 An> Dunno... some book called The Bible.

 I've read it. it's a slog, incredibly dry and unbelievably boring. I'm guessing the reference here is to a passage in 2 Corinthians, which requires the reader to make a lot of assumptions to arrive at that conclusion.

Therefore, it's fanfiction at worst, headcanon at best.

DaiTengu

.... A day without sunshine is like night.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com

From: Andeddu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 02:43 UTC
From: andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD (Andeddu)
To: DaiTengu
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 02:43:22 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: Re: EVIL
  By: DaiTengu to Andeddu on Thu Feb 10 2022 08:12 am

 >  I've read it. it's a slog, incredibly dry and unbelievably boring. I'm
 > guessing the reference here is to a passage in 2 Corinthians, which requires
 > the reader to make a lot of assumptions to arrive at that conclusion.
 >
 > Therefore, it's fanfiction at worst, headcanon at best.

I was more referring to Matthew 4:9 and Luke 4:6 where Satan speaks about
having authority on Earth. He does -- he is the Prince of this world -- as God
has given him permission to exercise tremendous power over us as part of our
trial on this planet.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!

1
rocksolid light 0.7.2
clearneti2ptor