Laugh, and the world ignores you. Crying doesn't help either.

dovenet / Religion / Pandemic

SubjectAuthor
* PandemicHusTler
`* Re: PandemicKrUpTiOn
 `* Re: PandemicArelor
  +- Re: PandemicSprite
  `* Re: PandemicKrUpTiOn
   `* Re: PandemicDerision
    +* Re: PandemicPhilthy74
    |`* Re: PandemicMRO
    | `* Re: PandemicPhilthy74
    |  `* Re: PandemicArelor
    |   `* Re: PandemicMRO
    |    `* Re: PandemicOgg
    |     `* Re: PandemicDaiTengu
    |      `* Re: PandemicOgg
    |       `* Re: PandemicDaiTengu
    |        `* Re: PandemicArelor
    |         `* Re: PandemicIan Fitzgerald
    |          +- Re: PandemicBoraxman
    |          `- Re: PandemicDaiTengu
    `* Re: PandemicKrUpTiOn
     `* Re: PandemicMRO
      +* Re: PandemicBob Roberts
      |`* Re: PandemicDerision
      | `- Re: PandemicArelor
      `* Re: PandemicTracker1
       `- Re: PandemicMRO

Pages:12
Subject: Pandemic
From: HusTler
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:47 UTC
From: hustler@VERT/PHARCYDE (HusTler)
To: LESTAT9
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 15:47:33 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
 Re: Pandemic
 By: LESTAT9 to All on Wed Jul 29 2020 01:53 am

 > Does anyone think that pandemic has religious implications or a part of some

  No. and it's not the end of civilization and nobodys getting punished.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)

Subject: RE: Pandemic
From: KrUpTiOn
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 20:14 UTC
From: kruption@VERT/CORTEX (KrUpTiOn)
To: HusTler
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 14:14:36 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
On 10/13/2020 3:47 pm HusTler said...
 Hu>  > Does anyone think that pandemic has religious implications or a part
 Hu> of some
 Hu>
 Hu>   No. and it's not the end of civilization and nobodys getting punished.

Well a 'few' are getting punished. the people catching COVID-19!  I've had it TWICE. March and July. first time I caught it, I wasn't that bad. the second time, it put me in the hospital.

--- ENiGMA 1/2 v0.0.12-beta (linux; x64; 12.19.1)
 * Origin: cortex (55:1/101)

From: Arelor
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 11:02 UTC
From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: KrUpTiOn
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:02:21 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: KrUpTiOn to HusTler on Fri Dec 04 2020 02:14 pm

 > On 10/13/2020 3:47 pm HusTler said...
 >  Hu>  > Does anyone think that pandemic has religious implications or a part
 >  Hu> of some
 >
 >  Hu>   No. and it's not the end of civilization and nobodys getting punished
 >
 >
 >
 > Well a 'few' are getting punished. the people catching COVID-19!  I've had i
 > TWICE. March and July. first time I caught it, I wasn't that bad. the second
 > time, it put me in the hospital.

Well that sounds bad.

Still it is prety weird, because despite the virus causing weird immunitation,
getting it twice in less than 30-60 days is disturbing.

Do you know if it was a different strain the second time?
--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

From: Sprite
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 20:53 UTC
From: sprite@VERT/TINTETBB (Sprite)
To: Arelor
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 14:53:54 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Arelor to KrUpTiOn on Sat Dec 05 2020 05:02:21

 Ar> Do you know if it was a different strain the second time?

  I wonder if that's due to a mutation rate...  That would be _very_ disturbing.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS - skulking seedily against the Brave New World

From: KrUpTiOn
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 11:57 UTC
From: kruption@VERT/TNF2 (KrUpTiOn)
To: Arelor
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 06:57:04 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Arelor to KrUpTiOn on Sat Dec 05 2020 05:02 am

 >> Well a 'few' are getting punished. the people catching COVID-19!  I've
 >> had i TWICE. March and July. first time I caught it, I wasn't that
 >> bad. the second time, it put me in the hospital.

 Ar> Well that sounds bad.

I've been shot AND stabbed, and dealing with Corona is the next worse. It's a mind fuck when you take 4 steps and you can't get enough air.

 Ar> Still it is prety weird, because despite the virus causing weird
 Ar> immunitation, getting it twice in less than 30-60 days is disturbing.

Exactly! The second time I got it, it was my fault. I didn't know you could get it twice, and I wasn't being as careful as I should.

 Ar> Do you know if it was a different strain the second time?
 Ar> --

No, different strain. First time I got it from a 'Friend with benefits, her cousin, who is a state worker, had it, didn't know. She stopped by to actually TELL me and my friend she just took the test for work. She called 3 days later telling us she had it. i gave it to my BFF and his daughter, before *I* found out. I felt really bad

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ The New Frontier ][ BBS  [frontierbbs.net] -Akron, Ohio

From: Derision
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 12:55 UTC
From: derision@VERT/AMIGAC (Derision)
To: KrUpTiOn
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 12:55:54 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: KrUpTiOn to Arelor on Sun Dec 13 2020 06:57:04

 > I've been shot AND stabbed, and dealing with Corona is the next worse. It's
 > a mind fuck when you take 4 steps and you can't get enough air.
 >
 >  Ar> Still it is prety weird, because despite the virus causing weird
 >  Ar> immunitation, getting it twice in less than 30-60 days is disturbing.
 >
 > Exactly! The second time I got it, it was my fault. I didn't know you could
 > get it twice, and I wasn't being as careful as I should.
 >
 > No, different strain. First time I got it from a 'Friend with benefits, her
 > cousin, who is a state worker, had it, didn't know. She stopped by to
 > actually TELL me and my friend she just took the test for work. She called 3
 > days later telling us she had it. i gave it to my BFF and his daughter,
 > before *I* found out. I felt really bad

I work at a not-for-profit agency that cares for adults with developmental disabilities. Normally I'm primarily IT, but due to a staff shortage (either people being out sick or opting not to come in to avoid getting sick) I've been deployed a bunch of places to either cover direct care shifts or deliver supplies. Also one of the people that is trained to perform testing on individuals and staff.

We've seen a really weird lack of pattern in the spread. Many of our individuals do not understand why they're supposed to wear a mask, or isolate, and you'd expect entire group homes to go down but they aren't. I've had a couple of employees tell me that after three days of fever, they felt better than ever and actually had more energy than normal despite being actively infected and with underlying conditions. Other, seemingly healthy, employees have contracted it and died within days. None of our disabled population have died; many have contracted it and the main symptom aside from fever seems to be loss of smell -- and of course boredom. It seems pretty easy to NOT contract it, however, when following basic safety protocols. Wear a mask, wash your hands... though on the other hand, individuals that are not following protocol,l and are actively interacting with housemates that have it sometimes get it, and a lot of times don't.

COVID is a weird disease, and I imagine that we're only seeing the beginning of this even now, almost a year in.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 4,000+ files

From: Philthy74
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 18:20 UTC
From: philthy74@VERT/BUNKERBB (Philthy74)
To: Derision
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 18:20:40 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Derision to KrUpTiOn on Tue Dec 29 2020 12:55:54

 > COVID is a weird disease, and I imagine that we're only seeing the beginning
 > of this even now, almost a year in.

Yikes. That is a scary concept. Hopefully the spread of these vaccines start putting out he fires if you will. Is there a chance that the vaccines could 'morph' COVID into something else?
bunkerbbs.synchronetbbs.org port:6665
-Dedicated server running Wolfpack Empire 4.4.0.
-Custom unit files and game configuration settings.
-Coming soon...custom theme games.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ Bunker BBS *** Custom Wolfpack Empire Server ***

From: MRO
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 04:07 UTC
From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Philthy74
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 22:07:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Philthy74 to Derision on Thu Dec 31 2020 06:20 pm

 Ph> Re: RE: Pandemic
 Ph> By: Derision to KrUpTiOn on Tue Dec 29 2020 12:55:54

 >> COVID is a weird disease, and I imagine that we're only seeing the
 >> beginning of this even now, almost a year in.

 Ph> Yikes. That is a scary concept. Hopefully the spread of these vaccines
 Ph> start putting out he fires if you will. Is there a chance that the
 Ph> vaccines could 'morph' COVID into something else?

you mean build up a resistance? mutate? all the time.

also you get the vaccine and then you wait and you can still get covid. then you get a second shot.  then what happens then?  maybe you can still get a variant.  meanwhile you have bell's palsy
---
 ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

From: Philthy74
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 04:20 UTC
From: philthy74@VERT/BUNKERBB (Philthy74)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 22:20:18 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
 > also you get the vaccine and then you wait and you can still get covid. then
 > you get a second shot.  then what happens then?  maybe you can still get a
 > variant.  meanwhile you have bell's palsy

Only there is no evidence of any major side effects that have higher
frequencies
than many other drugs. Sure, it was fast tracked by like 3 years, but they did
test like 44,000 subjects or something like that.

Is there also the possibility of us actually living in the world of Fallout in
few years after we all mutate into green monsters, sure, but probably very
slim.

From: Arelor
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 14:02 UTC
From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: Philthy74
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 08:02:03 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Philthy74 to MRO on Fri Jan 01 2021 10:20 pm

 > Only there is no evidence of any major side effects that have higher
 > frequencies
 > than many other drugs. Sure, it was fast tracked by like 3 years, but they d
 > test like 44,000 subjects or something like that.

The problem is not the number of test subjects, but the time spans.

See, if I deploy a drug that causes you to grow a second head the 36th month
after administration, half a million test subjects won't discover the issue if
the test's time span is shorter than 36 months.

From: MRO
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 21:01 UTC
From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Arelor
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 15:01:57 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Arelor to Philthy74 on Sat Jan 02 2021 08:02 am

 Ar> Re: RE: Pandemic
 Ar> By: Philthy74 to MRO on Fri Jan 01 2021 10:20 pm

 >> Only there is no evidence of any major side effects that have higher
 >> frequencies
 >> than many other drugs. Sure, it was fast tracked by like 3 years, but
 >> they d test like 44,000 subjects or something like that.

 Ar> The problem is not the number of test subjects, but the time spans.

 Ar> See, if I deploy a drug that causes you to grow a second head the 36th
 Ar> month after administration, half a million test subjects won't discover
 Ar> the issue if the test's time span is shorter than 36 months.

they dont even know if this will cause birth defects or cancer in people that got the shot.  not enough time has passed.
---
 ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

From: Ogg
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 19:29 UTC
From: ogg@VERT/TRMB (Ogg)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 11:29:40 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers

MRO wrote:
 > they dont even know if this will cause birth defects or cancer in people
 > that got the shot.  not enough time has passed.

The last comment is a good point!  The rollout is to the "vulnerable" seniors
first, and if they die (from anything) ..well, they were old anyway, right? :/

Or if they die of other naturaly causes, any damaging effect of the drug will
not be known.

If the goal is to have 50% of the population immunized with that stuff before
there is a sense that the virus is under control, I would rather prefer to be
in the OTHER 50%.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada

From: DaiTengu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 23:51 UTC
From: daitengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE (DaiTengu)
To: Ogg
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 17:51:42 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Ogg to MRO on Thu Jan 07 2021 11:29 am

 > they dont even know if this will cause birth defects or cancer in
people that got the shot.  not enough time has passed.

 Og> The last comment is a good point! The rollout is to the "vulnerable"
 Og> seniors first, and if they die (from anything) ..well, they were old
 Og> anyway, right? :/

  It's unlikely, based on the contents of the vaccine.  the suspension ingredients are similar to vaccines we've been giving people for decades.

the only thing that's new is the mRNA stuff. Which can be confusing if you don't understand how immune systems work.

Think of the vaccine like sending your immune system an e-mail that says "be on the lookout for a thing that looks like this", and contains a picture of said thing. The e-mail also contains information on how to get rid of the thing, should you encounter it.

after awhile, the e-mail disappears, like a snapchat message.

DaiTengu

.... One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I'm having a good tim

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com

From: Ogg
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 16:46 UTC
From: ogg@VERT/TRMB (Ogg)
To: DaiTengu
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 08:46:58 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
 > Think of the vaccine like sending your immune system an e-mail..

 > after awhile, the e-mail disappears, like a snapchat message.

Interesting analogy.  But what is the science to describe how the e-mail
disappears?  Many things from drugs and carcinogens remain and accumulate in
our bodies over time.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada

From: DaiTengu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:23 UTC
From: daitengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE (DaiTengu)
To: Ogg
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 07:23:39 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Ogg to DaiTengu on Sat Jan 09 2021 08:46 am

 >> Think of the vaccine like sending your immune system an e-mail..

 >> after awhile, the e-mail disappears, like a snapchat message.

 Og> Interesting analogy. But what is the science to describe how the e-mail
 Og> disappears? Many things from drugs and carcinogens remain and accumulate
 Og> in our bodies over time.

 I glanced at the ingredient list for the vaccine suspension/delivery system, and I don't see any heavy metals.  Here's the ingredient list for the Moderna vaccine:

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid
(mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG],
cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine,
tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

I'm not a doctor, or a chemist. However I don't see anything in there that seems to indicate any form of heavy metal that would accumulate in your system.

It's also a very short list of ingredients compared to other vaccines.

DaiTengu

.... Living with a saint is more gruelling than being one.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com

From: Arelor
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:35 UTC
From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: DaiTengu
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 08:35:05 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: DaiTengu to Ogg on Mon Jan 11 2021 07:23 am

 >   Re: RE: Pandemic
 >   By: Ogg to DaiTengu on Sat Jan 09 2021 08:46 am
 >
 >  >> Think of the vaccine like sending your immune system an e-mail..
 >
 >  >> after awhile, the e-mail disappears, like a snapchat message.
 >
 >  Og> Interesting analogy. But what is the science to describe how the e-mail
 >  Og> disappears? Many things from drugs and carcinogens remain and accumulat
 >  Og> in our bodies over time.
 >
 >  I glanced at the ingredient list for the vaccine suspension/delivery system
 > and I don't see any heavy metals.  Here's the ingredient list for the Modern
 > vaccine:
 >
 > The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger
 > ribonucleic acid
 > (mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol
 > [DMG],
 > cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]),
 > tromethamine,
 > tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.
 >
 >
 > I'm not a doctor, or a chemist. However I don't see anything in there that
 > seems to indicate any form of heavy metal that would accumulate in your syst
 >
 > It's also a very short list of ingredients compared to other vaccines.
 >
 > DaiTengu
 >
 > ... Living with a saint is more gruelling than being one.

Polyethylene Glycol is a powerful anti-freezer that is used in thermosolar heat
generators. Here in Spain we used to use either that or Ethylene Glycol. Also
used in the cosmetics industry mecause it makes creams more consistent.

It is toxic as heck and classified as a dangerous substance. If you need to
dispose of it you need to hire a toxic waste disposal firm.

This is what college is good for. Releasing this sort of pearl in the BBS scene
:-(

From: Ian Fitzgerald
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 02:41 UTC
From: ian.fitzgerald@VERT/CAVEBBS (Ian Fitzgerald)
To: Arelor
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 21:41:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Arelor to DaiTengu on Mon Jan 11 2021 08:35 am

 > Polyethylene Glycol is a powerful anti-freezer that is used in thermosolar
 > generators. Here in Spain we used to use either that or Ethylene Glycol. Als
 > used in the cosmetics industry mecause it makes creams more consistent.
 >
 > It is toxic as heck and classified as a dangerous substance. If you need to
 > dispose of it you need to hire a toxic waste disposal firm.
 >
 > This is what college is good for. Releasing this sort of pearl in the BBS sc
 > :-(
 >
 > --
 > gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

That may be true for certain quantities, but polyethylene glycol is also
used as an over-the-counter laxative.

All things are poison, and nothing is without poison, the dosage alone makes
it so a thing is not a poison.
  -Paracelsus

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

From: Boraxman
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 14:19 UTC
From: boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS (Boraxman)
To: Ian Fitzgerald
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 01:19:00 +1100
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
-=> Ian Fitzgerald wrote to Arelor <=-

 IF>   Re: RE: Pandemic
 IF>   By: Arelor to DaiTengu on Mon Jan 11 2021 08:35 am

 > Polyethylene Glycol is a powerful anti-freezer that is used in thermosolar
 > generators. Here in Spain we used to use either that or Ethylene Glycol. Als
 > used in the cosmetics industry mecause it makes creams more consistent.
 >
 > It is toxic as heck and classified as a dangerous substance. If you need to
 > dispose of it you need to hire a toxic waste disposal firm.
 >
 > This is what college is good for. Releasing this sort of pearl in the BBS sc
 > :-(
 >
 > --
 > gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
 >

 IF> That may be true for certain quantities, but polyethylene glycol is
 IF> also used as an over-the-counter laxative.

 IF> All things are poison, and nothing is without poison, the dosage alone
 IF> makes it so a thing is not a poison.
 IF>   -Paracelsus

Polyethylene Glycol is safe at the right quantities.  I've worked with it a
long in the manufacture of human consumables.

.... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
 ■ Synchronet ■ MS & RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org

From: DaiTengu
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 20:00 UTC
From: daitengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE (DaiTengu)
To: Ian Fitzgerald
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 14:00:37 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Ian Fitzgerald to Arelor on Tue Jan 12 2021 09:41 pm

 >> Polyethylene Glycol is a powerful anti-freezer that is used in
 >> thermosolar
 >> generators. Here in Spain we used to use either that or Ethylene
 >> Glycol. Als used in the cosmetics industry mecause it makes creams
 >> more consistent.

 >> It is toxic as heck and classified as a dangerous substance. If you
 >> need to dispose of it you need to hire a toxic waste disposal firm.

 IF> That may be true for certain quantities, but polyethylene glycol is also
 IF> used as an over-the-counter laxative.

 IF> All things are poison, and nothing is without poison, the dosage alone
 IF> makes it so a thing is not a poison.
 IF> -Paracelsus

 That's why poisons are often measured based on LD50 (The amount of a material, when given all at once causes the death of 1/2 of the group of test subjects)

The LD50 of water is 6 Liters. Caffeine is around 150-200mg per kg of body mass. (75-100 cups of coffee for an average adult).

Alcohol is ... strangely difficult to find an accurate amount for. a BAC of 0.4% appears to be the general consensus, which would be about 12 shots of 80 proof liquor for a 150lb man.

After figuring that out, I really think I should have purchased more lottery tickets when I was younger...

DaiTengu

.... Da trouble wit computers is, dey got no sense of humor.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com

From: KrUpTiOn
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 15:33 UTC
From: kruption@VERT/TNF2 (KrUpTiOn)
To: Derision
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 10:33:29 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Derision to KrUpTiOn on Tue Dec 29 2020 12:55 pm

 De> COVID is a weird disease, and I imagine that we're only seeing the
 De> beginning of this even now, almost a year in.

I TOTALLY agree, COVID is a one of a kind.  Months later, I'm having a few unexplainable and new medical issues.  I'm a diabetic, I have Crohn's/Colitus, and Rhumatoid Athritus. My glucose levels sometimes shoot high when I stay on task or not. I've been having random muscle spasms that sometimes are VERY painful. I've told my doctors about my new issues and they have no explaination for it. I'm curious to see what the after effects of COVID years later.  If I'm having these issues now, who knows what other issues might come up later. Now there are new strains of COVID. It's pretty scary...

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ The New Frontier ][ BBS  [frontierbbs.net] -Akron, Ohio

From: MRO
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 21:04 UTC
From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: KrUpTiOn
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 15:04:20 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: KrUpTiOn to Derision on Sun Feb 14 2021 10:33 am

 > I TOTALLY agree, COVID is a one of a kind.  Months later, I'm having a few
 > unexplainable and new medical issues.  I'm a diabetic, I have
 > Crohn's/Colitus, and Rhumatoid Athritus. My glucose levels sometimes shoot
 > high when I stay on task or not. I've been having random muscle spasms that
 > sometimes are VERY painful. I've told my doctors about my new issues and
 > they have no explaination for it. I'm curious to see what the after effects
 > of COVID years later.  If I'm having these issues now, who knows what other
 > issues might come up later. Now there are new strains of COVID. It's pretty
 > scary...

the best thing you can do is get yourself as healthy as possible.

you WILL get covid again. we have no way of stopping it from spreading. infact, some of what we are doing is keeping covid around.  covid wasn't allowed to run its course.
---
 ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

From: Bob Roberts
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:12 UTC
From: bob.roberts@VERT/HOVAL (Bob Roberts)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 12:12:28 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: MRO to KrUpTiOn on Sun Feb 14 2021 03:04 pm

 MR> you WILL get covid again. we have no way of stopping it from spreading.
 MR> infact, some of what we are doing is keeping covid around. covid wasn't
 MR> allowed to run its course. ---

How to stop Covid from spreading.  It's the same as any other respatory virus.

- Vaccinate
- Masks
- Social Distancing
- Contact tracing

Your theory that it needs to "run its course" is hogwash.

Bob Roberts

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ Halls of Valhalla =San=Francisco= hovalbbs.com:2333

From: Tracker1
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:35 UTC
From: tracker1@VERT/TRN (Tracker1)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 12:35:58 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Conference: 2020
View all headers
On 2/14/2021 2:04 PM, MRO wrote:
the best thing you can do is get yourself as healthy as possible.

you WILL get covid again. we have no way of stopping it from spreading. infact, some of what we are doing is keeping covid around.  covid wasn't allowed to run its course.

Speculation is that we'll see new strains every year through
human history moving forward, much like the flu.
--
Michael J. Ryan (tracker1)
+o roughneckbbs.com

---

From: MRO
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 02:38 UTC
From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Tracker1
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 20:38:36 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: Re: Pandemic
  By: Tracker1 to MRO on Fri Feb 19 2021 12:35 pm

 > On 2/14/2021 2:04 PM, MRO wrote:
 > > the best thing you can do is get yourself as healthy as possible.
 >
 > > you WILL get covid again. we have no way of stopping it from
 > > spreading. infact, some of what we are doing is keeping covid
 > > around.  covid wasn't allowed to run its course.
 >
 > Speculation is that we'll see new strains every year through
 > human history moving forward, much like the flu.
 > --
 > Michael J. Ryan (tracker1)

it'll get some people sooner or later. it is highly contagious and we all get old and sick some day.
---
 ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

From: Derision
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 20:40 UTC
From: derision@VERT/AMIGAC (Derision)
To: Bob Roberts
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 20:40:58 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
View all headers
  Re: RE: Pandemic
  By: Bob Roberts to MRO on Mon Feb 15 2021 12:12:28

 > How to stop Covid from spreading.  It's the same as any other respatory
 > virus.
 >
 > - Vaccinate
 > - Masks
 > - Social Distancing
 > - Contact tracing
 >
 > Your theory that it needs to "run its course" is hogwash.

Amen. I'm in healthcare and it's horrifying how many people are balking at just the first of those options. Like, people willing to leave their jobs to avoid vaccination (it has become a condition of employment, as personnel here are in contact with vulnerable populations).

I've been vaccinated now. Yeah, that second shot sucked and I felt like crap for 36 hours but... it's not COVID. People seem to think that this is a new vaccine that's been rushed through, when we've had this vaccine for years. We developed it to fight SARS back in 2009 and, since COVID is a SARS variant, it just required a little tweaking. But I'm seeing people believing that they're guinea pigs for "big pharma" on this, and that this vaccine will make them have seizures for no reason, or will somehow make things worse. Even the nurses that administered my shots were like, "Eh, I'm going to wait this one out." Incredible.

When you can't get past step one, and people are actively fighting mask mandates and contact tracing is considered a privacy invasion... I don't see how any of this is going to end quickly. And that's depressing as hell, because we've already lost over half a million people in the US alone.

Yikes.

AJ
Vaccinated. Still wearing a mask. Still distancing.

---
 ■ Synchronet ■ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 4,000+ files

Pages:12
rocksolid light 0.7.2
clearneti2ptor