From: ogg@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Ogg)
To: All
Subject: book: The Age of AI and Our Human Future
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 22:55:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Ogg - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 02:55 UTC

I did a double-take when I saw Kissinger as one of the
contributors.

The Age of AI: And Our Human Future | Paperback

Henry A Kissinger | Eric Schmidt | Daniel Huttenlocher

Little, Brown and Company | Back Bay Books

Political Science / Public Policy - Science & Technology Policy / Social Science / Technology Studies / Computers / Artificial Intelligence

Published Nov 1, 2022

"Three of the world's most accomplished and deep thinkers come
together to explore Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the way it
is transforming human society-and what this technology means
for us all.

"An AI learned to win chess by making moves human grand masters
had never conceived. Another AI discovered a new antibiotic by
analyzing molecular properties human scientists did not
understand. Now, AI-powered jets are defeating experienced
human pilots in simulated dogfights. AI is coming online in
searching, streaming, medicine, education, and many other
fields and, in so doing, transforming how humans are
experiencing reality.

USA Readers, support a local bookshop of your choice:
https://bookshop.org/a/93260/9780316273992

--- OpenXP 5.0.57
* Origin: Ogg's Dovenet Point (723:320/1.9)
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: book: The Age of AI and Our Human Future

<6489AAE7.8805.dove-int@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=62&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#62

From: anthk@VERT (anthk)
To: Ogg
Subject: Re: book: The Age of AI and Our Human Future
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 04:56:23 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: anthk - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 11:56 UTC

On 2023-06-12, Ogg <CAPCITY2!Ogg@vert.synchro.net> wrote:

> I did a double-take when I saw Kissinger as one of the
> contributors.
>
> The Age of AI: And Our Human Future | Paperback
>
> Henry A Kissinger | Eric Schmidt | Daniel Huttenlocher
>
> Little, Brown and Company | Back Bay Books
>
> Political Science / Public Policy - Science & Technology Policy / Social Science / Technology Studies / Computers / Artificial Intelligence
>
> Published Nov 1, 2022
>
> "Three of the world's most accomplished and deep thinkers come
> together to explore Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the way it
> is transforming human society-and what this technology means
> for us all.
>
> "An AI learned to win chess by making moves human grand masters
> had never conceived. Another AI discovered a new antibiotic by
> analyzing molecular properties human scientists did not
> understand. Now, AI-powered jets are defeating experienced
> human pilots in simulated dogfights. AI is coming online in
> searching, streaming, medicine, education, and many other
> fields and, in so doing, transforming how humans are
> experiencing reality.
>
> USA Readers, support a local bookshop of your choice:
> https://bookshop.org/a/93260/9780316273992
>

> --- OpenXP 5.0.57
> * Origin: Ogg's Dovenet Point (723:320/1.9)
> � Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Allegedly, the best book for AI comes from Norbert Wiener, and it's
related to cybernetics. The true ones.

Also, I would add SICP as a Scheme/CS course, Calculus from Spivak and
the book Goedel/Escher/Bach. If you read these you'll understand better
how information rises from "inert" matter.

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net