From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Lord Blackfair
Subject: captcha.src
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 09:19:14 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Baja
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:19 UTC

Here's the code you emailed me (please post here in the future instead):

#Captcha program by Keith Cunningham edit to how you would like
!include sbbsdefs.inc
INT I
STR S
RANDOM I 999999
CLS
Print "\r\nWelcome to the Login Captcha.\r\n"
Print "\r\nTo prove you are not a BOT please enter the number below below.\r\n"
PRINT ""
PRINT ""
print I
print "\r\n"
GETSTR STR 6 K_NUMBER
COMPARE I S
IF_false
goto wrong
Print "\r\n\r\nWelcome to the BBS!!!\r\n\r\n"
pause
end_if
end_cmd
# edit this line as to Where you would exit to
:wrong
Print "\r\nThat is not correct, Please try again.\r\n"
pause
goto home
end_cmd

I see a couple of issues:
1. The first end_if should be placed right after your "goto wrong" statement.
Nothing following that "goto" will be executed in the "else" case, which it appears you intended.
2. The end_cmd's don't appear to belong here at all since you have no corresponding cmd_home statement (nor do you necessarily want/need one for such a simple script).

Here's a simplified version which I think does what you want:
#Captcha program by Keith Cunningham edit to how you would like
!include sbbsdefs.inc
INT I
STR S
RANDOM I 999999
CLS
Print "\r\nWelcome to the Login Captcha.\r\n"
Print "\r\nTo prove you are not a BOT please enter the number below below.\r\n"
PRINT ""
PRINT ""
print I
print "\r\n"
GETSTR STR 6 K_NUMBER
COMPARE I S
IF_true
Print "\r\n\r\nWelcome to the BBS!!!\r\n\r\n"
pause
return
end_if
--
digital man

Sling Blade quote #8:
Karl Childers: I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody.
Norco, CA WX: 90.9°F, 35.0% humidity, 8 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

captcha.src

<61035037.2510.syncbaja@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=56&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Baja#56

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Digital Man
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 13:04:55 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Baja
 by: MRO - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:04 UTC

Re: captcha.src
By: Digital Man to Lord Blackfair on Thu Jul 29 2021 04:19 pm

> Here's the code you emailed me (please post here in the future instead):
>
> #Captcha program by Keith Cunningham edit to how you would like
> !include sbbsdefs.inc

My capcha script adds them to an ip blocklist first, then removes that entry if they pass the challenge code. that way it gets the bots.

which doesnt really do much because sometimes i have one guy attacking me so much it just drags down synchronet. then he goes in my firewall.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::