Flattery is like cologne -- to be smelled, but not swallowed. -- Josh Billings

dovenet / Sports / This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!

SubjectAuthor
* This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!HusTler
+* This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!Arelor
|+* This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!DaiTengu
||`- This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!Arelor
|`- This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!HusTler
`- This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!MRO

1
This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!

<611186E0.235.dove-sports@havens.synchronetbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=446&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#446

From: hustler@VERT/HAVENS (HusTler)
To: All
Subject: This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 08:49:52 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: HusTler - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:49 UTC

What's wrong with this picture. Watch this video. This guy LOST the gold medal to a guy he knocked out! Holy Cow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HQDP-tkxo

.... A crises is when you CAN'T say let's forget about the whole thing!

---
■ Synchronet ■ Havens BBS havens.synchro.net

This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!

<6111A9BE.300.dove-sports@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=447&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#447

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: HusTler
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 10:18:38 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Arelor - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 15:18 UTC

Re: This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!
By: HusTler to All on Mon Aug 09 2021 03:49 pm

> What's wrong with this picture. Watch this video. This guy LOST the gold
> medal to a guy he knocked out! Holy Cow!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HQDP-tkxo
>
> ... A crises is when you CAN'T say let's forget about the whole thing!

I don't follow Youtube links, so I will suppose you are talking about that
Karate fighter who was struck unconscious.

Sport Karate is not boxing. The idea is for fighters to be quick and precise,
not to beat each other into a pulp. If you hit the other too hard then you lack
control over your own strikes and are breaking protocol.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!

<611273B4.1335.dove-sports@warensemble.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=448&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#448

From: daitengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE (DaiTengu)
To: Arelor
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 00:40:20 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: DaiTengu - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 05:40 UTC

Re: This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!
By: Arelor to HusTler on Mon Aug 09 2021 05:18 pm

>> What's wrong with this picture. Watch this video. This guy LOST the
>> gold medal to a guy he knocked out! Holy Cow!

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HQDP-tkxo

Ar> I don't follow Youtube links, so I will suppose you are talking about that
Ar> Karate fighter who was struck unconscious.

Ar> Sport Karate is not boxing. The idea is for fighters to be quick and
Ar> precise, not to beat each other into a pulp. If you hit the other too hard
Ar> then you lack control over your own strikes and are breaking protocol.

I was really disappointed with NBC's lack of coverage of Karate. I think my DVR (YoutubeTV) recorded a grand total of 15 minutes of Kata, and maybe 30 minutes of Kumite. Both were buried in 2+ hour "episodes" that included boxing and wrestling.

I really wanted to watch a lot of the kata stuff.

DaiTengu

.... Heads will have to roll!

---
■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com

This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!

<611286B7.765.dove-spo@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=449&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#449

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: HusTler
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 02:01:27 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: MRO - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 07:01 UTC

Re: This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!
By: HusTler to All on Mon Aug 09 2021 03:49 pm

> What's wrong with this picture. Watch this video. This guy LOST the gold
> medal to a guy he knocked out! Holy Cow!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HQDP-tkxo

his kick didnt look hard to me. i think the other dude over acted. also his eyes were open. not knocked out cold.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!

<61128DB1.303.dove-sports@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=450&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#450

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: DaiTengu
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 02:31:13 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Arelor - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 07:31 UTC

Re: This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!
By: DaiTengu to Arelor on Tue Aug 10 2021 07:40 am

> I was really disappointed with NBC's lack of coverage of Karate. I think my DVR (YoutubeTV)
> recorded a grand total of 15 minutes of Kata, and maybe 30 minutes of Kumite. Both were buried
> 2+ hour "episodes" that included boxing and wrestling.
>
> I really wanted to watch a lot of the kata stuff.
>
> DaiTengu

I guess Karate is not as comercial as other sports.

Kata in particular is like Dressage. You only appreciate it when you know enough about it as to
differentiate who is doing well from who does worse, and _why_. So I guet why they don't get mass
appeal.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!

<611447F2.241.dove-sports@havens.synchronetbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=451&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#451

From: hustler@VERT/HAVENS (HusTler)
To: Arelor
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:58:10 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: HusTler - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 14:58 UTC

Re: This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!
By: Arelor to HusTler on Mon Aug 09 2021 05:18 pm

Ar> Re: This guy lost gold medal after knocking out his opponent!!

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HQDP-tkxo

Ar> I don't follow Youtube links, so I will suppose you are talking about that
Ar> Karate fighter who was struck unconscious.

Ar> Sport Karate is not boxing. The idea is for fighters to be quick and
Ar> precise, not to beat each other into a pulp. If you hit the other too hard
Ar> then you lack control over your own strikes and are breaking protocol.

That's exacly what happened. The guy lost the match because he hit the other guy too hard. I've never seen anything like it. If you watch the match the fighter ran into the guys kick (Foot). How do disqualify someone for kicking too hard in a contact sport? Well, I won't be watching that nonsense anymore. In fact I hope they take the entire sport out of the olympics. It's the dumbist sport I've ever watched.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Havens BBS havens.synchro.net