From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: All
Subject: Ohtani
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:49:31 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 21:49 UTC

I'm not surprised at all that he didn't re-sign with the Angels, but I'm still disappointed. My silver linings are:
- he'll be playing not too far down the freeway (haven't been to Dodger stadium in ages, but now I have a good excuse to go again)
- the Dodgers and Angels always play each other during pre-season and interleague
- he didn't goto another AL (or AL west) team!
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #13:
CBM = Commodore Business Machines
Norco, CA WX: 67.5°F, 62.0% humidity, 0 mph ENE wind, 0.29 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Ohtani

<658F92FA.479.dove-sports@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=102&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#102

From: margaerynne@VERT/PALANTIR (Margaerynne)
To: Digital Man
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 21:48:10 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Margaerynne - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 03:48 UTC

Re: Ohtani
By: Digital Man to All on Thu Dec 21 2023 01:49 pm

> I'm not surprised at all that he didn't re-sign with the Angels, but I'm still disappointed. My silver linings are:
> - he'll be playing not too far down the freeway (haven't been to Dodger stadium in ages, but now I have a good
> excuse to go again)
> - the Dodgers and Angels always play each other during pre-season and interleague

Usually I'd poke some fun at Angels fans, but it's incredible they got him in the first place (and at such a deal).

It does hurt to see several years of Ohtani and Trout lead to this, but y'all got him at a special time.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Ohtani

<658FA26C.7947.dove-spo@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=103&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#103

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Margaerynne
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 20:54:04 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Digital Man - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 04:54 UTC

Re: Ohtani
By: Margaerynne to Digital Man on Fri Dec 29 2023 09:48 pm

> Re: Ohtani
> By: Digital Man to All on Thu Dec 21 2023 01:49 pm
>
> > I'm not surprised at all that he didn't re-sign with the Angels, but I'm
> > still disappointed. My silver linings are:
> > - he'll be playing not too far down the freeway (haven't been to Dodger
> > stadium in ages, but now I have a good
> > excuse to go again)
> > - the Dodgers and Angels always play each other during pre-season and
> > interleague
>
> Usually I'd poke some fun at Angels fans, but it's incredible they got him
> in the first place (and at such a deal).
>
> It does hurt to see several years of Ohtani and Trout lead to this, but
> y'all got him at a special time.

Yup. :-(
--
digital man (rob)

This Is Spinal Tap quote #44:
It really, it does disturb me, but i'll rise above it; I'm a professional.
Norco, CA WX: 52.5°F, 95.0% humidity, 3 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Ohtani

<65902669.481.dove-sports@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=104&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#104

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: Digital Man
Subject: Re: Ohtani
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 08:08:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Gamgee - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 14:08 UTC

-=> Digital Man wrote to Margaerynne <=-

> Re: Ohtani
> By: Digital Man to All on Thu Dec 21 2023 01:49 pm

> > I'm not surprised at all that he didn't re-sign with the Angels, but I'm
> > still disappointed. My silver linings are:
> > - he'll be playing not too far down the freeway (haven't been to Dodger
> > stadium in ages, but now I have a good
> > excuse to go again)
> > - the Dodgers and Angels always play each other during pre-season and
> > interleague

> Usually I'd poke some fun at Angels fans, but it's incredible they got him
> in the first place (and at such a deal).
>
> It does hurt to see several years of Ohtani and Trout lead to this, but
> y'all got him at a special time.

DM> Yup. :-(

You can't really blame the dude, though. He toiled for years, with
Trout, and they never got anywhere. Proof that it takes an entire team
to be successful, I guess.

He wants to win some championships, and that wasn't going to happen with
the Angels. Now he has a chance to do that, and get paid for it.
Honestly I have to applaud him for staying as long as he did. It won't
surprise me a bit to see Trout leave in the next year or two, or even
retire due to ongoing injuries.

I know the pain, as a lifelong Red Sox fan... :-(

Baseball is really just a business, after all.

.... I was wondering why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Ohtani

<6590A737.7949.dove-spo@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=105&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#105

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Gamgee
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 15:26:47 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Digital Man - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 23:26 UTC

Re: Re: Ohtani
By: Gamgee to Digital Man on Sat Dec 30 2023 08:08 am

> -=> Digital Man wrote to Margaerynne <=-
>
> > Re: Ohtani
> > By: Digital Man to All on Thu Dec 21 2023 01:49 pm
>
> > > I'm not surprised at all that he didn't re-sign with the Angels, but
> > > I'm still disappointed. My silver linings are:
> > > - he'll be playing not too far down the freeway (haven't been to
> > > Dodger stadium in ages, but now I have a good
> > > excuse to go again)
> > > - the Dodgers and Angels always play each other during pre-season and
> > > interleague
>
> > Usually I'd poke some fun at Angels fans, but it's incredible they got
> > him in the first place (and at such a deal).
>
> > It does hurt to see several years of Ohtani and Trout lead to this, but
> > y'all got him at a special time.
>
> DM> Yup. :-(
>
> You can't really blame the dude, though. He toiled for years, with
> Trout, and they never got anywhere. Proof that it takes an entire team
> to be successful, I guess.
>
> He wants to win some championships, and that wasn't going to happen with
> the Angels. Now he has a chance to do that, and get paid for it.
> Honestly I have to applaud him for staying as long as he did. It won't
> surprise me a bit to see Trout leave in the next year or two, or even
> retire due to ongoing injuries.
>
> I know the pain, as a lifelong Red Sox fan... :-(
>
> Baseball is really just a business, after all.

No, I know, I don't blame him at all. I was grateful to be able to watch him so much, playing for my favorite team. But I do have to disagree with you there on championships: nobody knows in advance who's going to win from one year to the next. Nobody predicted the 2002 Angels. :-)
--
digital man (rob)

Steven Wright quote #8:
If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.
Norco, CA WX: 56.8°F, 82.0% humidity, 0 mph ENE wind, 0.08 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Ohtani

<65917486.483.dove-sports@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=106&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#106

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: Digital Man
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 07:51:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Gamgee - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 13:51 UTC

-=> Digital Man wrote to Gamgee <=-

> You can't really blame the dude, though. He toiled for years, with
> Trout, and they never got anywhere. Proof that it takes an entire team
> to be successful, I guess.
>
> He wants to win some championships, and that wasn't going to happen with
> the Angels. Now he has a chance to do that, and get paid for it.
> Honestly I have to applaud him for staying as long as he did. It won't
> surprise me a bit to see Trout leave in the next year or two, or even
> retire due to ongoing injuries.
>
> I know the pain, as a lifelong Red Sox fan... :-(
>
> Baseball is really just a business, after all.

DM> No, I know, I don't blame him at all. I was grateful to be able
DM> to watch him so much, playing for my favorite team. But I do have
DM> to disagree with you there on championships: nobody knows in
DM> advance who's going to win from one year to the next. Nobody
DM> predicted the 2002 Angels. :-)

Certainly true. Same as this past year... pretty sure not too many
picked the Rangers to win it all.

But, with the Dodgers (vs the Angels), I think his odds have improved.
I'd sure like to see him play in person, as I think he's a
once-in-multiple-generations talent. Hope he can pitch again.

.... Pros are those who do their jobs well, even when they don't feel like it.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Ohtani

<659248E2.7951.dove-spo@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=107&group=DOVE-Net.Sports#107

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Gamgee
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 21:08:50 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Sports
 by: Digital Man - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 05:08 UTC

Re: Re: Ohtani
By: Gamgee to Digital Man on Sun Dec 31 2023 07:51 am

> But, with the Dodgers (vs the Angels), I think his odds have improved.
> I'd sure like to see him play in person, as I think he's a
> once-in-multiple-generations talent. Hope he can pitch again.

Definitely. Agreed.
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #51:
MODEM = Modulator/Demodulator
Norco, CA WX: 52.1°F, 90.0% humidity, 0 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net