Love is sentimental measles.

dovenet / Unix / Several Doors not working after upgrae

SubjectAuthor
* Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
`* Several Doors not working after upgraeDigital Man
 `* Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
  `* Several Doors not working after upgraeNightfox
   `* Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
    +* Several Doors not working after upgraeNightfox
    |+* Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
    ||`* Several Doors not working after upgraeNightfox
    || +- Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
    || `* Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
    ||  `* Several Doors not working after upgraeNightfox
    ||   `* Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
    ||    `- Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
    |`- Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
    `* Several Doors not working after upgraeMRO
     `* Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
      `* Several Doors not working after upgraeMRO
       +- Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master
       `- Several Doors not working after upgraeThe Lizard Master

1
Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FB0D4A.428.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=86&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#86

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: All
Subject: Several Doors not working after upgrae
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 08:02:18 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 12:02 UTC

I posted this in Sync Discussion, but it might be better here. There are a couple dos doors that my wife and I play daily and it's pretty much the reason I set this back up so I'd really appreciate any possible guidance.

After upgrade from 3.19 - 3.20 I'm getting a CPU Exception. The doors run fine when I run dosemu from command line and they were working before upgrade. It's throwing a system exception though which I know is strange. There are also other door games running fine through DosEMU. I also had made a few stupid mistakes on the upgrade on my end and I had to recereate the settings files. It's very possible I am missing a setting. I also thought permissions might be an issue, but I think I've come to the end of all the iterations I can do with that along with other DOS doors running fine.

Thanks!

ERROR: Accessing reserved memory
at ffffffff00044928 Maybe a null segment registerERROR: unexpected CPU excep
tion 0x0e err=0x00000005 cr2=ffffffff00044928 while in vm86 (DOS)Program=sigsegv
..c,

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FB7C8E.11303.dove-lnx@vert.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=87&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#87

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 12:57:02 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: Digital Man - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 19:57 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: The Lizard Master to All on Fri Sep 08 2023 08:02 am

> I posted this in Sync Discussion, but it might be better here. There are a
> couple dos doors that my wife and I play daily and it's pretty much the
> reason I set this back up so I'd really appreciate any possible guidance.
>
> After upgrade from 3.19 - 3.20 I'm getting a CPU Exception. The doors run
> fine when I run dosemu from command line and they were working before
> upgrade. It's throwing a system exception though which I know is strange.
> There are also other door games running fine through DosEMU. I also had made
> a few stupid mistakes on the upgrade on my end and I had to recereate the
> settings files. It's very possible I am missing a setting. I also thought
> permissions might be an issue, but I think I've come to the end of all the
> iterations I can do with that along with other DOS doors running fine.
>
> Thanks!
>
> ERROR: Accessing reserved memory
> at ffffffff00044928 Maybe a null segment registerERROR: unexpected CPU
> excep
> tion 0x0e err=0x00000005 cr2=ffffffff00044928 while in vm86
> (DOS)Program=sigsegv
> .c,

I can't think of any reason why the upgrade to v3.20 would be a factor with these errors. You could installv 3.19 and experiment and see if the error magically disappears with that version, but I'd be very suprised and confused if that was the case.
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #9:
"Cheesedick" - I know that one [word]. How about that? - Hank Schrader
Norco, CA WX: 92.6°F, 25.0% humidity, 0 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FB8BE9.430.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=88&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#88

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Digital Man
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 17:02:33 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:02 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: Digital Man to The Lizard Master on Fri Sep 08 2023 12:57 pm

> I can't think of any reason why the upgrade to v3.20 would be a factor with these errors. You could installv 3.19 and experiment
> and see if the error magically disappears with that version, but I'd be very suprised and confused if that was the case.

Yeah I know it doesn't make any sense to me at all, I don't know the specifics, but I'm guessing you are just passing the fossil stuff and it's outside of Synchronet's control. That coupled with the fact other doors are working just fine. I'm just really hoping someone would see the post and it would spark a thought. It's a major bummer.

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FBAA94.3799.dove_dove-nix@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=89&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#89

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 16:13:24 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: Nightfox - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 23:13 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: The Lizard Master to Digital Man on Fri Sep 08 2023 05:02 pm

TL> Yeah I know it doesn't make any sense to me at all, I don't know the
TL> specifics, but I'm guessing you are just passing the fossil stuff and it's
TL> outside of Synchronet's control. That coupled with the fact other doors
TL> are working just fine. I'm just really hoping someone would see the post
TL> and it would spark a thought. It's a major bummer.

Did you by chance also update your Dosemu? Sometimes I've noticed certain builds of Dosemu have changes that can cause issues that weren't there before.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FC7AF2.432.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=90&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#90

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Nightfox
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 10:02:26 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 14:02 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: Nightfox to The Lizard Master on Fri Sep 08 2023 04:13 pm

> TL> Yeah I know it doesn't make any sense to me at all, I don't know the
> TL> specifics, but I'm guessing you are just passing the fossil stuff and
> TL> it's outside of Synchronet's control. That coupled with the fact other
> TL> doors are working just fine. I'm just really hoping someone would see
> TL> the post and it would spark a thought. It's a major bummer.
>
> Did you by chance also update your Dosemu? Sometimes I've noticed certain
> builds of Dosemu have changes that can cause issues that weren't there
> before.

Thanks for the reply. I had the same thought and looked up Dosemu and it seems like it hasn't been updated since 2014 unless I was seeing something wrong..

I'm not sure what else really changed on the system, I was having an issue with permissions, but for this door I literally allowed all everything just to see if anything changed and it didn't. The problem is I was never able to get any of the RTE patches on three doors to ever take, but the TSR would work with them. I read a little and it seems like if the exe is compressed it won't allow the patches to work, but the TSR would still work (although there are very little resources on that).

I'll keep trying stuff, it's been working for years and I had to fudge with it! ugh!

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FCBC20.3801.dove_dove-nix@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=91&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#91

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 11:40:32 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: Nightfox - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 18:40 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: The Lizard Master to Nightfox on Sat Sep 09 2023 10:02 am

>> Did you by chance also update your Dosemu? Sometimes I've noticed certain
>> builds of Dosemu have changes that can cause issues that weren't there
>> before.

TL> Thanks for the reply. I had the same thought and looked up Dosemu and it
TL> seems like it hasn't been updated since 2014 unless I was seeing something
TL> wrong..

Do you mean the package on your system, or Dosemu itself? If you're using Dosemu 1.x (I think 1.4?), I think that hasn't been updated since then, but the newer Dosemu2 is under active development.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FCC43C.877.dove-nix@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=92&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#92

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 14:15:08 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: MRO - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 19:15 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: The Lizard Master to Nightfox on Sat Sep 09 2023 10:02 am

> get any of the RTE patches on three doors to ever take, but the TSR would
> work with them. I read a little and it seems like if the exe is compressed
> it won't allow the patches to work, but the TSR would still work (although
> there are very little resources on that).
>
> I'll keep trying stuff, it's been working for years and I had to fudge with

you can try unp on them. if they stripped the headers it wont unpack it.
there are other ones that force it if it's stripped but i wouldn't trust them.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FE05B1.435.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=93&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#93

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Nightfox
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 14:06:41 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 18:06 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: Nightfox to The Lizard Master on Sat Sep 09 2023 11:40 am

> >> Did you by chance also update your Dosemu? Sometimes I've noticed
> certain
> >> builds of Dosemu have changes that can cause issues that weren't there
> >> before.
>
> TL> Thanks for the reply. I had the same thought and looked up Dosemu and
> TL> it seems like it hasn't been updated since 2014 unless I was seeing
> TL> something wrong..
>
> Do you mean the package on your system, or Dosemu itself? If you're using
> Dosemu 1.x (I think 1.4?), I think that hasn't been updated since then, but
> the newer Dosemu2 is under active development.

Ahhhh, I did not realize there was an active development version. When I go in I see this -

"Welcome to dosemu 1.4.0.8!"

But maybe it will work on the new one? And Sync can call that one too? Thanks!

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FE062D.436.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=94&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#94

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: MRO
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 14:08:45 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 18:08 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: MRO to The Lizard Master on Sat Sep 09 2023 02:15 pm

> > get any of the RTE patches on three doors to ever take, but the TSR would
> > work with them. I read a little and it seems like if the exe is
> > compressed it won't allow the patches to work, but the TSR would still
> > work (although there are very little resources on that).
>
> > I'll keep trying stuff, it's been working for years and I had to fudge
> > with
>

> you can try unp on them. if they stripped the headers it wont unpack it.
> there are other ones that force it if it's stripped but i wouldn't trust
> them.

That's a little out of my range of capability, but I'm not sure I have any other shots here thanks.

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FE0A49.437.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=95&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#95

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Nightfox
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 14:26:17 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 18:26 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: Nightfox to The Lizard Master on Sat Sep 09 2023 11:40 am

> >> Did you by chance also update your Dosemu? Sometimes I've noticed certain
> >> builds of Dosemu have changes that can cause issues that weren't there
> >> before.
>
> TL> Thanks for the reply. I had the same thought and looked up Dosemu and it seems like it hasn't been updated since 2014
> TL> unless I
> TL> was seeing something wrong..
>
> Do you mean the package on your system, or Dosemu itself? If you're using Dosemu 1.x (I think 1.4?), I think that hasn't been
> updated since then, but the newer Dosemu2 is under active development.

It also works just fine when I run it in DOSEMU, it doesn't when I call it from Synchronet. So it doesn't leave me with much of a way to figure it out.

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FE10D4.3806.dove_dove-nix@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=96&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#96

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 11:54:12 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: Nightfox - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 18:54 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: The Lizard Master to Nightfox on Sun Sep 10 2023 02:06 pm

TL> Ahhhh, I did not realize there was an active development version. When I
TL> go in I see this -

TL> "Welcome to dosemu 1.4.0.8!"

TL> But maybe it will work on the new one? And Sync can call that one too?
TL> Thanks!

There are some differences in Dosemu2. I thought almost all DOS doors worked well with dosemu 1.4. The only one that didn't work was TradeWars 2002, which was the reason I updated to Dosemu2. I noticed that some other doors didn't run very well though (some are very slow, like there's an infinite loop keeping the CPU busy).

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FE14C5.881.dove-nix@bbses.info>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=97&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#97

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 14:11:01 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: MRO - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 19:11 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: The Lizard Master to MRO on Sun Sep 10 2023 02:08 pm

> > you can try unp on them. if they stripped the headers it wont unpack it.
> > there are other ones that force it if it's stripped but i wouldn't trust
> > them.
>
> That's a little out of my range of capability, but I'm not sure I have any
> other shots here thanks.

how is that out of your range? you cant run an exe unpacking utility on them?
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FF10AD.440.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=98&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#98

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 09:05:49 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:05 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: MRO to The Lizard Master on Sun Sep 10 2023 02:11 pm

> > > you can try unp on them. if they stripped the headers it wont unpack
> > > it. there are other ones that force it if it's stripped but i wouldn't
> > > trust them.
>
> > That's a little out of my range of capability, but I'm not sure I have
> > any other shots here thanks.
>

> how is that out of your range? you cant run an exe unpacking utility on
> them?

It's the subseqent steps after that hah, but I'll try it and report back.

Thank you.

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FF1129.441.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=99&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#99

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Nightfox
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 09:07:53 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:07 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: Nightfox to The Lizard Master on Sun Sep 10 2023 11:54 am

> TL> Ahhhh, I did not realize there was an active development version. When
> TL> I go in I see this -
>
> TL> "Welcome to dosemu 1.4.0.8!"
>
> TL> But maybe it will work on the new one? And Sync can call that one too?
> TL> Thanks!
>
> There are some differences in Dosemu2. I thought almost all DOS doors
> worked well with dosemu 1.4. The only one that didn't work was TradeWars
> 2002, which was the reason I updated to Dosemu2. I noticed that some other
> doors didn't run very well though (some are very slow, like there's an
> infinite loop keeping the CPU busy).

DosEMU 1.4 has worked very well for me with a few odd issues until now. I have a few directions here at least.

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<64FF6D37.442.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=100&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#100

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 15:40:39 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 19:40 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: MRO to The Lizard Master on Sun Sep 10 2023 02:11 pm

> > > you can try unp on them. if they stripped the headers it wont unpack it. there are other ones that force it if it's
> > > stripped
> > > but i wouldn't trust them.
>
> > That's a little out of my range of capability, but I'm not sure I have any other shots here thanks.
>

> how is that out of your range? you cant run an exe unpacking utility on them?

UNP didn't seem to find anything to unpack so it might not be unpacked, it might not be patchable with any of the utilities, and I have to run with the TSR. Which it was at one point so I'll have to keep tooling I guess...ugh!

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<650073C4.443.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=101&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#101

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Nightfox
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 10:20:52 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 14:20 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: Nightfox to The Lizard Master on Sun Sep 10 2023 11:54 am

> TL> Ahhhh, I did not realize there was an active development version. When I go in I see this -
>
> TL> "Welcome to dosemu 1.4.0.8!"
>
> TL> But maybe it will work on the new one? And Sync can call that one too? Thanks!
>
> There are some differences in Dosemu2. I thought almost all DOS doors worked well with dosemu 1.4. The only one that didn't
> work
> was TradeWars 2002, which was the reason I updated to Dosemu2. I noticed that some other doors didn't run very well though
> (some
> are very slow, like there's an infinite loop keeping the CPU busy).
>
> Nightfox

Oh man I just noticed something running in console mode from Syncronet! If I run DOSEMU from command prompt and type SHARE, I get SHARE loaded. This is what it shows from Synchronet -

"Welcome to dosemu 1.4.0.8!"
About to Execute : D:external.bat
dosemu FOSSIL emulator: installed.
Bad command or filename - "share.exe".
Bad command or filename - "ansi.com".

Why is it not finding share or ansi.com when running via the Synchronet call? I think this might be the key here, trying not to get too excited, but I have no idea why it finds it no issue when I call DOSEMU from command line, but it's not seeing it from Synchronet call. It might just be a simple Linux alias or something I don't know about.

Thanks for any guidance here!

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<650081B9.3812.dove_dove-nix@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=102&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#102

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 08:20:25 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: Nightfox - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 15:20 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: The Lizard Master to Nightfox on Tue Sep 12 2023 10:20 am

TL> Oh man I just noticed something running in console mode from Syncronet! If
TL> I run DOSEMU from command prompt and type SHARE, I get SHARE loaded. This
TL> is what it shows from Synchronet -

TL> "Welcome to dosemu 1.4.0.8!"
TL> About to Execute : D:external.bat
TL> dosemu FOSSIL emulator: installed.
TL> Bad command or filename - "share.exe".
TL> Bad command or filename - "ansi.com".

TL> Why is it not finding share or ansi.com when running via the Synchronet
TL> call? I think this might be the key here, trying not to get too excited,
TL> but I have no idea why it finds it no issue when I call DOSEMU from
TL> command line, but it's not seeing it from Synchronet call. It might just
TL> be a simple Linux alias or something I don't know about.

I'm not sure why that might be.. But I believe Synchronet has its own directory for the C drive for dosemu, and in exec/dosemu.ini, it injects some variables to specify the different drives for dosemu. Maybe that's a place to start.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<6500D410.445.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=103&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#103

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Nightfox
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 17:11:44 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 21:11 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: Nightfox to The Lizard Master on Tue Sep 12 2023 08:20 am

> I'm not sure why that might be.. But I believe Synchronet has its own
> directory for the C drive for dosemu, and in exec/dosemu.ini, it injects
> some variables to specify the different drives for dosemu. Maybe that's a
> place to start.

A tad less excited now, share.exe isn't on my system, but share.com is and that's what was running when I typed share from the command line.

If I look at the node/external.bat file there's a REM'd debug section that has all the variables that the dosemu.ini sets and it appears okay to me.

--TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...

Several Doors not working after upgrae

<650302DE.446.dove-unix@mybbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=104&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#104

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Nightfox
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 08:55:58 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: The Lizard Master - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 12:55 UTC

Re: Several Doors not working after upgrae
By: The Lizard Master to Nightfox on Tue Sep 12 2023 05:11 pm

> A tad less excited now, share.exe isn't on my system, but share.com is and
> that's what was running when I typed share from the command line.
>
> If I look at the node/external.bat file there's a REM'd debug section that
> has all the variables that the dosemu.ini sets and it appears okay to me.

Minor update, but I decided to just run the door local mode in console mode and it works. When I flip on fossil that's when it bombs and it wasn't doing that before I upgraded Synchronet. I'm still not saying it's anything new in synchronet that caused it though, I had permissions issues and did also update some packages. So this might really be a needle in a haystack.

What I plan on doing as next steps is I'm going to try and set up a clean install and fresh ubuntu just to see. Looking at the console mode it appears the TSR is running fine though and the door runs through it.

---TLM

---
■ Synchronet ■ I filled this out to keep people from complaining...