From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: ALL
Subject: pre trib
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 03:16:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 03:16 UTC

Good day - I've always considered myself a firm believer
in PRE tribulation rapture - now I'm not so sure... It's
what I was taught, so what I believed, but a recent video
opened my eyes to some things I'd not been taught, or had
not considered.

At the very least it's caused me to look deeper... What
are your thoughts?

I'd recommend this video for sure!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwXoMNpOhos

.... Brewed from only the finest aged ASCII characters.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Cordova, TN * winserver.org

Re: pre trib

<62D8D741.30.dove-net2020@conchaos.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=17&group=DOVE-Net.Religion#17

From: kleb@VERT/CONCHAOS (kleb)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Subject: Re: pre trib
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 17:34:09 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: kleb - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 21:34 UTC

Re: pre trib
By: JIMMY ANDERSON to ALL on Mon Feb 07 2022 10:16 am

JA> Good day - I've always considered myself a firm believer
JA> in PRE tribulation rapture - now I'm not so sure... It's
JA> what I was taught, so what I believed, but a recent video
JA> opened my eyes to some things I'd not been taught, or had
JA> not considered.

I haven't watched the video, but I can relate. I used to be pre-trib. Much of that idea came from how I was raised, in reading the Left Behind books, listening to Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe, etc. It was on my own after reading scripture again and again that there seemed to be contradictions with the pre-trib position.

I still believe in a rapture, only I would put it sometime after the middle of Daniel's last week, after the antichrist in the temple and the abomination of desolation.

~kleb

---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ conchaos.synchro.net | ConstructiveChaos BBS ]=-

Re: pre trib

<63324E55.6429.dove-religion@amstrad.simulant.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=55&group=DOVE-Net.Religion#55

From: andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD (Andeddu)
To: kleb
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 19:13:57 +0100
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: Andeddu - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 18:13 UTC

Re: Re: pre trib
By: kleb to JIMMY ANDERSON on Thu Jul 21 2022 12:34 am

> JA> Good day - I've always considered myself a firm believer
> JA> in PRE tribulation rapture - now I'm not so sure... It's
> JA> what I was taught, so what I believed, but a recent video
> JA> opened my eyes to some things I'd not been taught, or had
> JA> not considered.
>
> I haven't watched the video, but I can relate. I used to be pre-trib. Much
> of that idea came from how I was raised, in reading the Left Behind books,
> listening to Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe, etc. It was on my own after
> reading scripture again and again that there seemed to be contradictions
> with the pre-trib position.
>
> I still believe in a rapture, only I would put it sometime after the middle
> of Daniel's last week, after the antichrist in the temple and the
> abomination of desolation.
>
> ~kleb

Pre-tribulation makes no sense whatsoever and is clearly a false doctorine. How
could there be mass persecution of Christians AFTER they have already been
raptured? The order, which is clearly stated in Revelations, is the anti-Christ
takes his seat in the temple, reveals himself half way into the "week" as the
anti-Christ, begins the abomination of desolation (which will be when the mass
apostasy occurs) followed by the rapture and God's subsequent Wrath.

---
■ Synchronet ■ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!

Re: pre trib

<6360622F.6431.dove-religion@amstrad.simulant.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=57&group=DOVE-Net.Religion#57

From: andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD (Andeddu)
To: Homefriedspam
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 17:02:55 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: Andeddu - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 17:02 UTC

Re: Re: pre trib
By: Homefriedspam to Andeddu on Fri Oct 28 2022 10:56 pm

> This position is usually based on a hidden assumption that there is no
> "run-up" to the Tribulation, and/or there can only be one "bunch" of
> resurrected believers--all necessarily part of the singular rapture event.
> These assumptions don't mesh with Pre-Trib theology, and Pre-Trib is what
> ends up getting abandoned, rather than the offending assumptions.
<SNIP>

The question is: Will Christians face the challenges of Daniel's 70th Week?

If pre-Tribbers are mistaken, they will not be mentally prepared to take on the
challenges and opportunities in relation to Abomination of Desolation.

"For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready;
it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure - for the
fine linen is the righteous deeds of the SAINTS. (Rev 19:7-8)

This means that the wedding takes place in Rev 19, which is not the beginning
-- is it?

Also, do you think the Bride of Christ clothes herself with the righteous deeds
of someone else, such a Tribulations Saints? Those who miss the Rapture? I
don't think so. These Saints ARE the Church, otherwise known as those who are
saved.

Jesus mentions his glorious coming in Matthew 24:29-31 and tells 5 parables to
help explain that return during the rest of Matthew 24 and 25. All of those
parables are about His glorious return in the clouds during which EVERY eye
will see Him. The parables cannot be about a hidden secret rapture that Jesus
NEVER mentioned.

Passages such as: "Of that day and hour, no man knows" are about the Glorious
return, etc... nothing about this group of parables can be about a pre-Trib
rapture that Jesus NEVER discussed. Now in relation to the parable of the wise
and wicked servants, there is more evidence that it is about the glorious
return as well. Notice the sins of the wicked servant and how he beats his
fellow servants. This is an echo of Jesus' statement in context back in Matthew
24:10-11 where he stated "Those who fall away betray and hate their former
brothers and sisters in Christ." But even more significant is the fact that the
wicked servant eats and drinks with drunkards. So you have to ask yourself:
"Why is this a sin? Jesus ate and drank with sinners all the time." Christians
are to associate with sinners and win them over to Christ. So why is THIS sin
worthy of being cut to pieces by Jesus? The reason is because it happens during
the Mark of the Beast. We know this because the only way to buy food and drink
at that time will be under The Mark. So by logic, the only way eating and
drinking with drunkards is a sin is if one has taken The Mark. The parable
thereafter goes on to mention that the good servant was able to eat during this
time becuase he had stored food away prior to the Great Tribulation.

Anyway, there is a lot to this, such as the 144,000 (12,000 from each of the
Biblical 12 Tribes) coming down, etc...

Those who believe in the pre-Trib should just be aware that if they are wrong
they MUST know why they are wrong and continue to walk the narrow path.

---
■ Synchronet ■ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=140&group=DOVE-Net.Religion#140

 by: - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 09:51 UTC