From: andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD (Andeddu)
To: Obuing
Subject: Re: Spirituality
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 14:40:38 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: Andeddu - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 14:40 UTC

Re: Re: Spirituality
By: Obuing to Zombie Mambo on Sat Sep 18 2021 10:09 pm

> I believe the names are Americanized as this story is was first written in
> Hebrew.

Americanized? The King James bible was published before America even existed.

---
■ Synchronet ■ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!

Re: Spirituality

<61F35017.3.dove-religion@bdsm.ftp.sh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3&group=DOVE-Net.Religion#3

From: sommopfle@VERT/DUNGEONB (sommopfle)
To: Andeddu
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 14:08:23 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: sommopfle - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 19:08 UTC

I choose to have a more pagan belief

---
� Synchronet � Dungeon BBS

Re: Spirituality

<61F43D96.1701.dove-rel@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=4&group=DOVE-Net.Religion#4

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: sommopfle
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 06:01:42 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: MRO - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:01 UTC

Re: Re: Spirituality
By: sommopfle to Andeddu on Thu Jan 27 2022 09:08 pm

> I choose to have a more pagan belief

choose to quote
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Spirituality

<610D7C89.1400.dove-rel@mybbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=132&group=DOVE-Net.Religion#132

From: zombie.mambo@VERT/ZOMBZONE (Zombie Mambo)
To: Moondog
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 07:16:41 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: Zombie Mambo - Fri, 6 Aug 2021 11:16 UTC

Re: Re: Spirituality
By: Moondog to Arelor on Sat Jul 04 2020 11:24 am

> I've always wondered how the contracts or obligations were written? If slav
> provided a child fathered by the slave owner, was this consentual or
> obligatory? Were there special or customary rights to be provided for the
> children? In the sotry of Abraham and Sarah, Sarah provided the Egyptian
> slave named Hagar to provide a son for Abraham. This resulted in the birth
> of Ishmael. After Sarah gave birth to Isaac, Sarah demanded Abraham to kick
> Hagar and Ishmael out of the house and cast them out to the desert. He fed
> them bread and water, then sent them along their way. That's wild.

What's wild is that, that far back in history, there was a person named SARAH
and a person named HAGAR. How is that possible?

I often wonder was there a Lewis living next door to Abraham?

A chad?

A spencer?

the names are what make it so hard to buy into...

I suppose most of those names are modern-translations into the closest name of
the time to something we know so we read Sarah instead of Shara^seo or
something,.. But still, i would prefer the names to be as close to what they
were as possible.

Thanks,
Zombie Mambo

---
■ Synchronet ■ +-=[ The Zombie Zone BBS * hcow.dynu.net:61912 ]=-+

Re: Spirituality

<6146AA00.7382.dove-religion@warensemble.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=133&group=DOVE-Net.Religion#133

From: obuing@VERT/ENSEMBLE (Obuing)
To: Zombie Mambo
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 15:09:52 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Religion
 by: Obuing - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 20:09 UTC

Re: Re: Spirituality
By: Zombie Mambo to Moondog on Fri Aug 06 2021 02:16 pm

> Re: Re: Spirituality
> By: Moondog to Arelor on Sat Jul 04 2020 11:24 am
>
> > I've always wondered how the contracts or obligations were written? If s
> > provided a child fathered by the slave owner, was this consentual or
> > obligatory? Were there special or customary rights to be provided for th
> > children? In the sotry of Abraham and Sarah, Sarah provided the Egyptian
> > slave named Hagar to provide a son for Abraham. This resulted in the bir
> > of Ishmael. After Sarah gave birth to Isaac, Sarah demanded Abraham to k
> > Hagar and Ishmael out of the house and cast them out to the desert. He f
> > them bread and water, then sent them along their way. That's wild.
>
> What's wild is that, that far back in history, there was a person named SARA
> and a person named HAGAR. How is that possible?
>
> I often wonder was there a Lewis living next door to Abraham?
>
> A chad?
>
> A spencer?
>
> the names are what make it so hard to buy into...
>
> I suppose most of those names are modern-translations into the closest name
> the time to something we know so we read Sarah instead of Shara^seo or
> something,.. But still, i would prefer the names to be as close to what they
> were as possible.
>

> Thanks,
> Zombie Mambo
>
> ---
> ■ Synchronet ■ +-=[ The Zombie Zone BBS * hcow.dynu.net:61912 ]=-+

I believe the names are Americanized as this story is was first written in
Hebrew.

---
■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com