From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Subject: Old DOS BBS Programs
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 10:49:16 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 15:49 UTC

Re: Old DOS BBS Programs
By: Moondog to MRO on Sat Jun 18 2022 01:19 pm

> Case capacity would limit off the shelf computing options. Since the
>
> case
> exists as a kit, people have been building systems, however they are by no
> means high end regarding regular use, let alone modrn gaming machines.
>
> I was considering going this route, then saw the TheC64 full sized
>
> console
> appear on the market.

wasnt there a huge gap of years from when the commodore cases were last developed and sold to when 'thec64' came out in dec 2019 ?

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Old DOS BBS Programs

<62AEB21D.12525.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=274&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#274

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 18:20:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 22:20 UTC

Re: Old DOS BBS Programs
By: MRO to Moondog on Sat Jun 18 2022 05:49 pm

> Re: Old DOS BBS Programs
> By: Moondog to MRO on Sat Jun 18 2022 01:19 pm
>

> > Case capacity would limit off the shelf computing options. Since the
> >
> > case
> > exists as a kit, people have been building systems, however they are by n
> > means high end regarding regular use, let alone modrn gaming machines.
> >
> > I was considering going this route, then saw the TheC64 full sized
> >
> > console
> > appear on the market.
>
> wasnt there a huge gap of years from when the commodore cases were last deve

Interest in the case only has re-emerged, and it appears cases are being made
available. It gives me the impression someone else just bought out the molds for
the cases or all the leftover hardware from the last group who was going to
sell a pre-packaged machine. IIRC the pc cases weren't cheap, and even with
an adapter to make a vintage C64 keyboard work was not 100% compatible with
some emulators' key mapping.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net