From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.internet.wireless,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Subject: Tutorial: How to make a 1-tap shortcut to Samsung Roaming on/off settings when the activity is NOT in the Android settings package
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 18:37:50 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 22:37 UTC

Moments ago in this thread, TheRealBev discussed "Roaming" settings.
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/O0d4QrG8K94/m/MvfXCcaHAgAJ>

I just made a one-tap shortcut to the Galaxy setting for Roaming=on/off.
<https://i.postimg.cc/yx1yKMTJ/roaming-shortcut.jpg>

Note that this activity is NOT found in the Android settings package!
(So you need to know more about the name in order to make a shortcut).

Keeping in mind there are many ways to create a 1-tap shortcut.
Each one-tap shortcut may have slightly different circumstances.

Which means you need to be intelligent about creating that shortcut.
Here is what I just did to create that one-tap shortcut to roaming.

1. Use Shortcut Widgets (+ Inspector) by Hamed Nikbakht to find
a. unique package name = com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui
b. unique activity name = .netsettings.ui.NetSettingsActivity

Note this is a different package than the typical Android settings.

2. Start App Manager by Muntashir Akon & search for what you found
Search for "com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui" & tap the result
which brings up the "Call Settings" app to the "App Info" tab.

Tap on the "Activities" tab and scroll down to where you see
"Mobile networks" for "com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui".

Then tap on the blue "Create Shortcut" button.
Optionally edit the icon image and name as desired.
Place onto your homescreen as desired.

Note that the package is colloquially called "Call Settings"
(and note that this package may be unique to Samsung devices).

3. To test, tap on that newly created homescreen shortcut.
Voila!
This will bring you directly to the roaming on/off activity!
com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui.netsettings.ui.NetSettingsActivity
<https://i.postimg.cc/yx1yKMTJ/roaming-shortcut.jpg>

SOFTWARE REQUIRED FOR THIS TUTORIAL:
*App Manager* - Android package manager by Muntashir Akon
The best full-featured open-source package manager for Android.
Free, adfree, gsffree, not available on the Google Play Store repo!
<https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/AppManager>
<https://muntashirakon.github.io/AppManager/en/>
<https://f-droid.org/packages/io.github.muntashirakon.AppManager/>
--
I'm on Usenet to be purposefully helpful to anyone who asks for help.

Re: Tutorial: How to make a 1-tap shortcut to Samsung Roaming on/off settings when the activity is NOT in the Android settings package

<uenvf3$11cn9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=583&group=alt.internet.wireless#583

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.internet.wireless,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 20:21:55 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 00:21 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote

> I just made a one-tap shortcut to the Galaxy setting for Roaming=on/off.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/yx1yKMTJ/roaming-shortcut.jpg>

Another easy way to make a one-tap shortcut to the roaming settings is
to create that one-tap shortcut using the FOSS Activity Manager by sdex.

0. As before, use Shortcut Widgets (+ Inspector) by Hamed Nikbakht to find
a. unique package name = com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui
b. unique activity name = .netsettings.ui.NetSettingsActivity

Note this is a different package than the typical Android settings.
It seems to be a Samsung-specific package outside of Android settings.

1. Start the "Activity Manager" app, making sure in its settings
that "Show system apps" is turned on & then search for keywords
(or scroll down to the "Call settings" listing which you learned
was where the on/off switch for Roaming was in the prior post.

2. Press on the sdex FOSS Activity Manager entry for
"Call Settings (com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui)" and scroll
to the activity previously reported by the Activity Inspector.
"NetSettingsActivity Mobile networks (.netsettings.ui.NetSettingsActivity)"

3. Press the threedots and then "Create shortcut" in the resulting menu.
Optionally edit the icon image and name as desired.
Place onto your homescreen as desired.

Voila!
You've just created a 1-tap shortcut to the roaming = on/off activity.

SOFTWARE:
Activity Manager - hidden activity launcher 2.4.1 by sdex (free, adware
Activity Manager (former Activity Runner) - hidden activity launcher
<https://github.com/sdex/ActivityManager>
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-4-0-activity-manager-former-activity-runner-hidden-activity-launcher.3797985/>
<https://github.com/sdex/ActivityManager/releases/tag/5.4.2>

Shortcut Widgets (+Inspector) no longer on Google Play Store as of 8/2023)
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cemique.shortcutwidgets>
<https://apkcombo.com/shortcut-widgets-inspector/com.cemique.shortcutwidgets/>
<https://m.apkpure.com/shortcut-widgets-inspector/com.cemique.shortcutwidgets>

Re: Tutorial: How to make a 1-tap shortcut to Samsung Roaming on/off settings when the activity is NOT in the Android settings package

<10952339-68ff-40ff-bb15-f969ac9a0357n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=655&group=alt.internet.wireless#655

Newsgroups: alt.internet.wireless
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 12:42:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Tutorial: How to make a 1-tap shortcut to Samsung Roaming on/off
settings when the activity is NOT in the Android settings package
From: asifkingecommerce@gmail.com (Asif King)
 by: Asif King - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 20:42 UTC

https://instaproandroid.com/instagram-gold-apk/