From: www.godfatherof.nl/@opt-in.invalid (Piet)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Windows 11 Updates Checker
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 21:55:35 +0200
 by: Piet - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 19:55 UTC

Carl Keehn wrote:
>>> Some of you might be interested to see if your current machine is compatible
>>> to run Windows 11. You can download a privately created tool for that purpose
>>> and that purpose only. It is based on current information available from
>>> Microsoft Website.
>>> <https://www.easeus.com/campaign/2021-windows11-update-solutions.html>
>>
>> That says that my i7-6800K CPU is incompatible with Windows 11.
>
> Is TPM activated on your computer? I had to go into BIOS on mine and
> turn tpm on, once I did, I was told the computer was windows 11 compatible.

People who don't want Win11 may find leaving tpm/ptt turned off a simple
and convenient way to keep it out.

-p

Re: Windows 11 Updates Checker

<shj61n$55s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=55301&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#55301

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 17:11:20 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 21:11 UTC

On 9/11/21 3:55 PM, this is what Piet wrote:

>>> That says that my i7-6800K CPU is incompatible with Windows 11.
>>
>> Is TPM activated on your computer? I had to go into BIOS on mine and
>> turn tpm on, once I did, I was told the computer was windows 11 compatible.
>
> People who don't want Win11 may find leaving tpm/ptt turned off a simple
> and convenient way to keep it out.
>
> -p

Not a bad idea, I've tried it and it's not all that good yet. Dying to see what the final release version is going to look and feel like.
Or maybe after the first 2 or 3 major updates.

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop
Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory, 512G SSD, 750G & 1TB HDDs