Please go away.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Fix Windows 10

SubjectAuthor
* Fix Windows 10Rene Lamontagne
+- Re: Fix Windows 10Big Al
+* Re: Fix Windows 10Ken Blake
|`- Re: Fix Windows 10Rene Lamontagne
+* Re: Fix Windows 10knuttle
|`* Re: Fix Windows 10Rene Lamontagne
| `- Re: Fix Windows 10mechanic
+- Re: Fix Windows 10Wade Garrett
+- Re: Fix Windows 10Stephen Wolstenholme
+* Re: Fix Windows 10Wolffan
|+- Re: Fix Windows 10Big Al
|`* Re: Fix Windows 10Piet
| +- Re: Fix Windows 10Ken Blake
| `- Re: Fix Windows 10Wolffan
+- Re: Fix Windows 10Eric Stevens
+* Re: Fix Windows 10T
|`- Re: Fix Windows 10T
`* Re: Fix Windows 10Ant
 `- Re: Fix Windows 10Wolffan

1
Fix Windows 10

<ioq76vFjt5lU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53887&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53887

From: rlamont@shaw.ca (Rene Lamontagne)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Fix Windows 10
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 14:09:20 -0500
 by: Rene Lamontagne - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 19:09 UTC

Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
maybe the Windows 11 one?
I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
off? :-) :-) :-)

Rene

Re: Fix Windows 10

<sg8q75$g89$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53892&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53892

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Fix Windows 10
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 15:31:49 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 19:31 UTC

On 8/26/21 3:09 PM, this is what Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>  Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello,   voice says "Hello, I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I
> have 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!"
> So I say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or maybe the Windows 11 one?
> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him off?  :-) :-) :-)
>
> Rene
I love it!! He figured out real fast that you were not the person to scam! I love doing things like this.

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop
Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory, 512G SSD, 750G & 1TB HDDs

Re: Fix Windows 10

<ioqaa4FkgulU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53895&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53895

From: ken@invalidemail.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 13:02:11 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 20:02 UTC

On 8/26/2021 12:09 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:
> Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
> maybe the Windows 11 one?
> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
> off? :-) :-) :-)

I hope so.

Today the phone rang. I answered it and said hello. She said "Hello, I'm
xxxx with yyyy compan (and obvious spammer). How are you?

I replied "None of your fuckin' business" and hung up. Do you think I
pissed her off?

--
Ken

Re: Fix Windows 10

<ioqaj8FkhihU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53896&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53896

From: rlamont@shaw.ca (Rene Lamontagne)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 15:07:05 -0500
 by: Rene Lamontagne - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 20:07 UTC

On 2021-08-26 3:02 p.m., Ken Blake wrote:
> On 8/26/2021 12:09 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>>    Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello,   voice says "Hello,
>> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
>> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
>> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
>> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
>> maybe the Windows 11 one?
>> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
>> off?  :-) :-) :-)
>

> I hope so.
>
> Today the phone rang. I answered it and said hello. She said "Hello, I'm
> xxxx with yyyy compan (and obvious spammer). How are you?
>
> I replied "None of your fuckin' business" and hung up. Do you think I
> pissed her off?

I certainly hope so. :-)

Rene

Re: Fix Windows 10

<sg8tq5$9lo$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53897&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53897

From: keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net (knuttle)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 16:33:08 -0400
 by: knuttle - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 20:33 UTC

On 8/26/2021 3:09 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>  Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello,   voice says "Hello,
> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
> maybe the Windows 11 one?
> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
> off?  :-) :-) :-)
>
> Rene
I have done something similar with similar results.
It is so satisfying when you can get them to hang up on you. Sort of
makes your day.
Keep up the good workdd

Re: Fix Windows 10

<ioqfm7FlejfU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53904&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53904

From: rlamont@shaw.ca (Rene Lamontagne)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 16:34:00 -0500
 by: Rene Lamontagne - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 21:34 UTC

On 2021-08-26 3:33 p.m., knuttle wrote:
> On 8/26/2021 3:09 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>>   Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello,   voice says
>> "Hello, I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which
>> one, I have 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers
>> "I am not talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your
>> computers!" So I say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue,
>> Pink or yellow or maybe the Windows 11 one?
>> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed
>> him off?  :-) :-) :-)
>>
>> Rene
> I have done something similar with similar results.
>
> It is so satisfying when you can get them to hang up on you.  Sort of
> makes your day.
>
> Keep up the good workdd

Yeah, it's nice to knock the sleazy bastards down a peg.

Rene

Re: Fix Windows 10

<sg94rd$nvv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53909&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53909

From: wade@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:33:15 -0400
 by: Wade Garrett - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 22:33 UTC

On 8/26/21 3:09 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>  Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello,   voice says "Hello,
> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
> maybe the Windows 11 one?
> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
> off?  :-) :-) :-)
>
> Rene

If I'm feeling especially perverse when I get one of those calls, I play
dumb, gullible and string them along for several minutes.

Then I say something like "I'm sorry but I just can't follow all this
and give you all the info you're asking for. But my brother, the Deputy
Director of the FCC Phone Fraud Division just walked in. He's real
smart. Let me put him on the extension phone and he can help us."

Works every time :-)

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?

Re: Fix Windows 10

<14thighed96vm43hkac5ofnrlgc7oi7l73@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53943&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53943

From: steve@easynn.com (Stephen Wolstenholme)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:38:42 +0100
 by: Stephen Wolstenholme - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 14:38 UTC

On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 14:09:20 -0500, Rene Lamontagne <rlamont@shaw.ca>
wrote:

> Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
>I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
>3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
>talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
>say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
>maybe the Windows 11 one?
>I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
>off? :-) :-) :-)
>
>Rene

I used to wind obvious fraudsters up with conversations similar to
your example. I got one last week trying to "improve" my water supply
in order to maintain my health. I told him I worked for the water
board and it seemed to change him into a bit of an amateur. After
about 15 minutes giving ridiculous answers to ridiculous questions he
gave up and hung up. It all getting too boring so I've stopped
answering the phone.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
JustNN Just a neural network http://www.justnn.com

Re: Fix Windows 10

<0001HW.26D934F60B43E26470000CFF938F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53944&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53944

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 10:57:58 -0400
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
 by: Wolffan - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 14:57 UTC

On 2021 Aug 26, Rene Lamontagne wrote
(in article <ioq76vFjt5lU1@mid.individual.net>):

> Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
> maybe the Windows 11 one?
> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
> off? :-) :-) :-)
>
> Rene

I used to get the “I’m from Microsoft, we detected a virus on your
computer” boys. I tried to keep them on the phone for as long as possible.
I strung along the last one for nearly an hour before he figured out that I
was playing with him. He was quite upset. He started ranting about how he was
going to come to my house and shoot me. I replied to the effect that he’d
just made a terroristic threat on a recorded line... and click! he hung up,
and I’ve never got one of those calls since. Pity. They were fun to play
with. I also got the “I’m with the IRS, the sheriff will be coming to
arrest you if you don’t pay your tax bill right now” calls; I said that
they’d better bring body bags... click! I never even got to finish.
Haven’t got one of those in a while, either. Now I just get the "extended
warranty for my car” calls and the “there’s a charge on your Amazon
account” calls. Those guys hang up way too fast, they won’t play.

Re: Fix Windows 10

<sgb23m$nc8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53946&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53946

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:58:46 -0400
 by: Big Al - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:58 UTC

On 8/27/21 10:57 AM, this is what Wolffan wrote:
> On 2021 Aug 26, Rene Lamontagne wrote
> (in article <ioq76vFjt5lU1@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
>> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
>> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
>> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
>> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
>> maybe the Windows 11 one?
>> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
>> off? :-) :-) :-)
>>
>> Rene
>
> I used to get the “I’m from Microsoft, we detected a virus on your
> computer” boys. I tried to keep them on the phone for as long as possible.
> I strung along the last one for nearly an hour before he figured out that I
> was playing with him. He was quite upset. He started ranting about how he was
> going to come to my house and shoot me. I replied to the effect that he’d
> just made a terroristic threat on a recorded line... and click! he hung up,
> and I’ve never got one of those calls since. Pity. They were fun to play
> with. I also got the “I’m with the IRS, the sheriff will be coming to
> arrest you if you don’t pay your tax bill right now” calls; I said that
> they’d better bring body bags... click! I never even got to finish.
> Haven’t got one of those in a while, either. Now I just get the "extended
> warranty for my car” calls and the “there’s a charge on your Amazon
> account” calls. Those guys hang up way too fast, they won’t play.

Some are getting smart, they're just recorded messages now to call some phone # to fix things. So I get no change to quibble with them.

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop
Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory, 512G SSD, 750G & 1TB HDDs

Re: Fix Windows 10

<1uv68yf2dezhh$.dlg@example1357.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53957&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53957

From: mechanic@example.net (mechanic)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:54:31 +0100
 by: mechanic - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 16:54 UTC

On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 16:34:00 -0500, Rene Lamontagne wrote:

> On 2021-08-26 3:33 p.m., knuttle wrote:
>> On 8/26/2021 3:09 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>>>   Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello,   voice says
>>> "Hello, I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which
>>> one, I have 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers
>>> "I am not talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your
>>> computers!" So I say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue,
>>> Pink or yellow or maybe the Windows 11 one?
>>> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed
>>> him off?  :-) :-) :-)
>>>
>>> Rene
>> I have done something similar with similar results.
>>
>> It is so satisfying when you can get them to hang up on you.  Sort of
>> makes your day.
>>
>> Keep up the good workdd
>
> Yeah, it's nice to knock the sleazy bastards down a peg.
>
> Rene

That's going for the wrong target.

Re: Fix Windows 10

<76cjig92lsvfic0kt6gdlk6oqmhjeut3tu@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53966&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53966

From: eric.stevens@sum.co.nz (Eric Stevens)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 15:49:47 +1200
 by: Eric Stevens - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 03:49 UTC

wrote:

> Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
>I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
>3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
>talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
>say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
>maybe the Windows 11 one?
>I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
>off? :-) :-) :-)
>
>Rene
By now I have probably received more than a hundred variations of
that one. It's got to the stage that I can tell almost as soon as I
pick up the phone:

Me: Hullo

Phone: Several seconds of silence with perhaps the sound of work
room babble in the back ground:

Then ...

Phone: Incomprehensible Garble goggle at high speed ...

Me: Who am I speaking to?

Phone: Gargle Goggle at normal speed in one of several
south-east asian accents.

Me: Hangs up phone.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Re: Fix Windows 10

<sgcd9j$bm8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53967&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53967

From: T@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:15:45 -0700
 by: T - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 04:15 UTC

On 8/26/21 12:09 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>  Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello,   voice says "Hello,
> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
> maybe the Windows 11 one?
> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
> off?  :-) :-) :-)
>
> Rene

Salty Sally talks to the activation department about auto warranty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_4Z3inlQaQ

Robo Annoyers! Got to love them!

Re: Fix Windows 10

<sgcdh2$fmv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53968&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53968

From: T@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:19:44 -0700
 by: T - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 04:19 UTC

On 8/27/21 9:15 PM, T wrote:
> On 8/26/21 12:09 PM, Rene Lamontagne wrote:
>>   Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello,   voice says
>> "Hello, I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which
>> one, I have 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers
>> "I am not talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your
>> computers!" So I say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue,
>> Pink or yellow or maybe the Windows 11 one?
>> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed
>> him off?  :-) :-) :-)
>>
>> Rene
>

> Salty Sally talks to the activation department about auto warranty
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_4Z3inlQaQ
>
> Robo Annoyers!  Got to love them!

Here is a shorter one. Guy actually threatened to kill
the robot!

Fake IRS telemarketer threatens to come over and shoot his victim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBy3kpT-Oag

Re: Fix Windows 10

<sgd1bp$1ua1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53973&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53973

From: www.godfatherof.nl/@opt-in.invalid (Piet)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:58:18 +0200
 by: Piet - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:58 UTC

Wolffan wrote:
> Rene Lamontagne wrote
>> Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
>> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
>> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
>> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
>> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
>> maybe the Windows 11 one?
>> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
>> off? :-) :-) :-)
>
> I used to get the “I’m from Microsoft, we detected a virus on your
> computer” boys.

No girls? Really?

> I tried to keep them on the phone for as long as possible.

That's what I tried first, but it was useless and only took time.

I once tried "Microsoft? Oh, hi colleague, I'm Satya Nadella from
Microsoft Corporation. What can I help you with?" That didn't work,
probably because they had no idea who mr. Nadella is.

Now I consistently speak to them in Dutch. That chases them away in
mere seconds.

-p

Re: Fix Windows 10

<iouu9tFgvviU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53974&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53974

From: ken@invalidemail.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 07:07:57 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:07 UTC

On 8/28/2021 2:58 AM, Piet wrote:
> Wolffan wrote:
>> Rene Lamontagne wrote
>>> Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
>>> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
>>> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
>>> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
>>> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
>>> maybe the Windows 11 one?
>>> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
>>> off? :-) :-) :-)
>>
>> I used to get the “I’m from Microsoft, we detected a virus on your
>> computer” boys.
>
> No girls? Really?
>
>> I tried to keep them on the phone for as long as possible.
>
> That's what I tried first, but it was useless and only took time.
>
> I once tried "Microsoft? Oh, hi colleague, I'm Satya Nadella from
> Microsoft Corporation. What can I help you with?" That didn't work,
> probably because they had no idea who mr. Nadella is.
>
> Now I consistently speak to them in Dutch. That chases them away in
> mere seconds.

It depends on my mood, but I have several common things I say to
telephone spammers/scammers:

If it's a woman: Hello, xxxx, I'm glad to hear from you. Say, what are
you doing for dinner tonight?

If it's a man: Hello, xxxx, I'm glad to hear from you. Are you gay or
straight?

Sometimes I'm too busy to say anything and I just hang up.

--
Ken

Re: Fix Windows 10

<f8SdnUZqaIT_Ibf8nZ2dnUU7-RWdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53988&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53988

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:44:50 -0500
 by: Ant - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 22:44 UTC

Rene Lamontagne <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
> I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
> 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
> talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
> say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
> maybe the Windows 11 one?
> I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
> off? :-) :-) :-)

Or just say I don't use Windows. ;)
--
Too many videos and free huge sized game trials!
| |o o| |

Re: Fix Windows 10

<0001HW.26DAF9C10BAE029F70000A7D038F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53989&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53989

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 19:09:53 -0400
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
 by: Wolffan - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 23:09 UTC

On 2021 Aug 28, Piet wrote
(in article <sgd1bp$1ua1$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

> Wolffan wrote:
> > Rene Lamontagne wrote
> > > Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
> > > I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
> > > 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
> > > talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
> > > say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
> > > maybe the Windows 11 one?
> > > I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
> > > off? :-) :-) :-)
> >
> > I used to get the “I’m from Microsoft, we detected a virus on your
> > computer” boys.
>
> No girls? Really?

very few girls, mostly boys. With strong Indian (mostly Urdu) accents, who
say that they’re named Steven or Robert or Richard. They’re dicks,
that’s for certain. The girls are mostly named Mary... except that they
have problems pronouncing the name. And jokes about the Metatron and/or the
Holy Spirit fly right past them.

> > I tried to keep them on the phone for as long as possible.
>
> That's what I tried first, but it was useless and only took time.

I had fun with them.

> I once tried "Microsoft? Oh, hi colleague, I'm Satya Nadella from
> Microsoft Corporation. What can I help you with?" That didn't work,
> probably because they had no idea who mr. Nadella is.
>
> Now I consistently speak to them in Dutch. That chases them away in
> mere seconds.

When I want to get rid of them I use some Punjabi I learned from She Who Must
Be Obeyed, or just let her have the phone. Mostly those boys are Hindi/Urdu
speakers (close enough to being the same thing, just don’t tell them, they
get pissed) but can tell when they’re being insulted by a Punjabi speaker.
Assuming, of course, that what she says about their assorted female relatives
and goats, pigs, and donkeys can be taken as being insulting to a
telescammer. Apparently it’s especially insulting when a girl says those
kinds of things, so they lose their minds.

Usually, though, if I have time I want to play. Playing with telescammers is
fun.

> -p

Re: Fix Windows 10

<0001HW.26DAF9DD0BAE094870000A7D038F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=53990&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#53990

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 19:10:21 -0400
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
 by: Wolffan - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 23:10 UTC

On 2021 Aug 28, Ant wrote
(in article<f8SdnUZqaIT_Ibf8nZ2dnUU7-RWdnZ2d@earthlink.com>):

> Rene Lamontagne <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote:
> > Today the phone rings so I pick up and say Hello, voice says "Hello,
> > I am here to fix your Windows 10 computer", so I say, which one, I have
> > 3 of them, one blue, one pink and one yellow? he answers "I am not
> > talking about your Cellphones, I am talking about your computers!" So I
> > say So am I, which one would you like to fix, Blue, Pink or yellow or
> > maybe the Windows 11 one?
> > I hear a lud Click, and a dial tone, Do you think I may have pissed him
>
> Or just say I don't use Windows. ;)

There’s no fun in that.