From: none@example.com (jim Whitby)
Subject: Re: Can't find clearcut instructions that work for resetting Mikrotik
RB411 routerboard to 192.168.88.1
Newsgroups: alt.internet.wireless
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:32:39 +0200
 by: jim Whitby - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 18:32 UTC

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 18:34:59 +0100, RJH wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2023 at 9:53:57 AM, Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Try the sci.electronics.design group.
>
> I did that. :-->
<snip>
> I will try anything because all I want to do is connect to it.

Try accessing it this way. Then do whatever you like as how it is setup.
Using telnet on linux or putty on windows.

Serial Cable

If your device has a Serial port, you can use a console cable (or Null
modem cable)

Plug one end of the serial cable into the console port (also known as a
serial port or DB9 RS232C asynchronous serial port) of the RouterBOARD
and the other end in your PC (which hopefully runs Windows or Linux). You
can also use a USB-Serial adapter. Run a terminal program (HyperTerminal,
or Putty on Windows) with the following parameters for All RouterBOARD
models except 230:

115200bit/s, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, flow control=none by
default.

RouterBOARD 230 parameters are:

9600bit/s, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, hardware (RTS/CTS) flow
control by default.

If parameters are set correctly you should be able to see login prompt.
Now you can access router by entering username and password:

MikroTik 4.15
MikroTik Login:

MMM MMM KKK TTTTTTTTTTT KKK
MMMM MMMM KKK TTTTTTTTTTT KKK
MMM MMMM MMM III KKK KKK RRRRRR OOOOOO TTT III KKK
KKK
MMM MM MMM III KKKKK RRR RRR OOO OOO TTT III KKKKK

MikroTik RouterOS 4.15 (c) 1999-2010 http://www.mikrotik.com/

[admin@MikroTik] >