From: Jimmy@disposable.invalid (Jimmy Johnson)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
Subject: Slackware Curren Nvidia HDMI Sound Has Stopped Working
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 03:39:37 -0700
 by: Jimmy Johnson - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 10:39 UTC

Just a heads up. After a week of no updates, Patrick decided to upgrade
the 5.10 kernel to 5.12 and I lost legacy nvidia hdmi audio. Hope it
gets fixed soon.

Thanks,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Fool Install - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda11
Registered Linux User #380263

Re: Slackware Curren Nvidia HDMI Sound Has Stopped Working

<2fda299f-2ee5-1993-4fdd-6174152be3e6@invalid.com>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=371&group=alt.os.linux.slackware#371

From: rm@nunya.inv (Rinaldi)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:10:17 -0500
 by: Rinaldi - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 12:10 UTC

On 6/8/21 5:39 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Just a heads up. After a week of no updates, Patrick decided to upgrade
> the 5.10 kernel to 5.12 and I lost legacy nvidia hdmi audio. Hope it
> gets fixed soon.
>
> Thanks,

Using an older model RADEON here and had to revert to alsa 1.2.4 to get
HDMI sound back.

See:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/alsa-lib-1-2-5-broke-hdmi-and-displayport-audio-4175695880/

Re: Slackware Curren Nvidia HDMI Sound Has Stopped Working

<s9oup8$v9v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=374&group=alt.os.linux.slackware#374

From: jimmy@none.none (Jimmy Johnson)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:34:03 -0700
 by: Jimmy Johnson - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 23:34 UTC

On 6/8/21 5:10 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
> On 6/8/21 5:39 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>> Just a heads up. After a week of no updates, Patrick decided to
>> upgrade the 5.10 kernel to 5.12 and I lost legacy nvidia hdmi audio.
>> Hope it gets fixed soon.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Using an older model RADEON here and had to revert to alsa 1.2.4 to get
> HDMI sound back.
>
> See:
>
> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/alsa-lib-1-2-5-broke-hdmi-and-displayport-audio-4175695880/

I removed the new version and installed 'alsa-lib-1.2.4-x86_64-3.txz'
fixing the problem. I have two installs of current on this box and will
wait for slackware to fix the problem before I upgrade the second
install. Maybe all they need to do is pull the new version and replace
it with the old version. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Thank you for the help! :)
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware64 Current - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda7
Registered Linux User #380263

Re: Slackware Current Nvidia HDMI Sound Has Stopped Working <fixed>

<s9smte$8l3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=392&group=alt.os.linux.slackware#392

From: field.engineer@gmail.com (Jimmy Johnson)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
Subject: Re: Slackware Current Nvidia HDMI Sound Has Stopped Working <fixed>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 02:44:10 -0700
 by: Jimmy Johnson - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 09:44 UTC

On 6/8/21 4:34 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> On 6/8/21 5:10 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>> On 6/8/21 5:39 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>>> Just a heads up. After a week of no updates, Patrick decided to
>>> upgrade the 5.10 kernel to 5.12 and I lost legacy nvidia hdmi audio.
>>> Hope it gets fixed soon.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> Using an older model RADEON here and had to revert to alsa 1.2.4 to
>> get HDMI sound back.
>>
>> See:
>>
>> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/alsa-lib-1-2-5-broke-hdmi-and-displayport-audio-4175695880/
>

> I removed the new version and installed 'alsa-lib-1.2.4-x86_64-3.txz'
> fixing the problem. I have two installs of current on this box and will
> wait for slackware to fix the problem before I upgrade the second
> install. Maybe all they need to do is pull the new version and replace
> it with the old version. I hope they get it fixed soon.
>
> Thank you for the help! :)

Fixed with the latest upgrade, that was fast!
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware64 Current - i7-2820QM - EXT4 at sda9
Registered Linux User #380263