From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: Nightfox
Subject: Re: torrent downloading
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 20:50:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: paulie420 - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 20:50 UTC

Ni> pa> I prefer qBitTorrent for many reasons; easy plugins, web themes, easy
Ni> pa> run a server and connect via web on another machine, can text message
Ni>
Ni> What kind of server can you run with qBitTorrent?

Well - what do you mean? I run qBit both on my machines that I hold in my hands around the house... and as a Proxmox VM thats behind a VPN... I can text msg into the VM and start a .torrent download; and I have it setup to add new .torrent downloads to my Plex.

I think I'm running some PIA [private internet access] qBittorrent docker container.... and then setup that allows me to do the above.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Re: torrent downloading

<6609D9C5.6140.dove_dove-int@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=984&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#984

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: paulie420
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 14:46:45 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Nightfox - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 21:46 UTC

Re: Re: torrent downloading
By: paulie420 to Nightfox on Sat Mar 30 2024 08:50 pm

Ni> pa>> run a server and connect via web on another machine, can text

Ni>> What kind of server can you run with qBitTorrent?

pa> Well - what do you mean? I run qBit both on my machines that I hold in my
pa> hands around the house... and as a Proxmox VM thats behind a VPN... I can
pa> text msg into the VM and start a .torrent download; and I have it setup to
pa> add new .torrent downloads to my Plex.

It sounded like you said you run a server with qBitTorrent, and I just wasn't sure what you meant..

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

dovenet / Internet / Re: torrent downloading