From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: All
Subject: initGetObject(): Preserving trailing whitespace?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 12:38:02 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Nightfox - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 19:38 UTC

I'm using File.iniGetObject() in some of my mods to get settings from its configuration file(s). It seems it trims whitespace from the values, and I'm wondering if there's a way to have it preserve trailing whitespace from the values?

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

initGetObject(): Preserving trailing whitespace?

<64C5EBC8.3908.sync-js@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=72&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript#72

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Nightfox
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 21:49:12 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Digital Man - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 04:49 UTC

Re: initGetObject(): Preserving trailing whitespace?
By: Nightfox to All on Sat Jul 29 2023 12:38 pm

Yes: https://wiki.synchro.net/config:ini_files#string_literals
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #68:
SCFG = Synchronet Configuration Utility
Norco, CA WX: 76.1°F, 69.0% humidity, 0 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

initGetObject(): Preserving trailing whitespace?

<64C5FB32.3839.dove_sync_js@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=73&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript#73

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Digital Man
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 22:54:58 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Nightfox - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 05:54 UTC

Re: initGetObject(): Preserving trailing whitespace?
By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Sat Jul 29 2023 09:49 pm

>> I'm using File.iniGetObject() in some of my mods to get settings from its
>> configuration file(s). It seems it trims whitespace from the values, and
>> I'm wondering if there's a way to have it preserve trailing whitespace from
>> the values?

DM> Yes: https://wiki.synchro.net/config:ini_files#string_literals

Ah, cool, thanks.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

dovenet / Synchronet Javascript / initGetObject(): Preserving trailing whitespace?