From: dasme@VERT/OUTWORLD (Dasme)
To: All
Subject: Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 04:42:55 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Dasme - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 09:42 UTC

Hey all,

Sorry if this isn't the right place. I've completed the port of Warrior's Graveyard to JS this week. I've done about a week of local testing, but with only a couple of people playing I don't know if that is enough of a test.

Does anyone have a more active game of JSLord running who would like to beta test the IGM before I release it?

All of the functionality from version 1.8 (from 2002!!?) is in there, but without knowing the state of the game these days I don't know it it will be too disruptive :)

If you any of you are interested, please drop me a line dasme@dasme.org

Cheers,
Lloyd Hannesson - Dasme

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Outworld - outworldbbs.com

Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?

<641C95A8.3832.sync-js@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=15&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript#15

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Dasme
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 04:08:40 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 11:08 UTC

Re: Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?
By: Dasme to All on Thu Mar 23 2023 11:42 am

> Hey all,
>
> Sorry if this isn't the right place. I've completed the port of Warrior's
> Graveyard to JS this week. I've done about a week of local testing, but with
> only a couple of people playing I don't know if that is enough of a test.
>
> Does anyone have a more active game of JSLord running who would like to beta
> test the IGM before I release it?
>
> All of the functionality from version 1.8 (from 2002!!?) is in there, but
> without knowing the state of the game these days I don't know it it will be
> too disruptive :)
>
> If you any of you are interested, please drop me a line dasme@dasme.org

If you'd like, I can add it as a sub-directory of the xtrn/lord and then it'd be available to anyone that wanted it and you could use my git repo for your version control:
https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/tree/master/xtrn/lord
--
digital man (rob)

Rush quote #50:
I've always been a big sponge. - Neil Peart
Norco, CA WX: 53.3°F, 80.0% humidity, 0 mph E wind, 0.15 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?

<641C9C8D.37.dove-syncjs@outworldbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=16&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript#16

From: dasme@VERT/OUTWORLD (Dasme)
To: Digital Man
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 06:38:05 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Dasme - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 11:38 UTC

Re: Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?
By: Digital Man to Dasme on Thu Mar 23 2023 11:08 am

> If you'd like, I can add it as a sub-directory of the xtrn/lord and then
> it'd be available to anyone that wanted it and you could use my git repo for
> your version control:
> https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/tree/master/xtrn/lord

That would be great! I'd like to test it on a couple systems first, just in case, but that would definitely be the easiest way to move the files around afterwards. Thanks for the offer!

Cheers,
Lloyd Hannesson - Dasme

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Outworld - outworldbbs.com

Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?

<641CDEAA.3834.sync-js@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=17&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript#17

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Dasme
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 09:20:10 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 16:20 UTC

Re: Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?
By: Dasme to Digital Man on Thu Mar 23 2023 01:38 pm

Are you familiar with git and gitlab? I'd be happy to accept a merge request at gitlab.synchro.net to add the files. The IGM doesn't (and probably shouldn't) be enabled by default, but at least it'll be there and be trivial for a sysop to enable.
--
digital man (rob)

Rush quote #8:
One likes to believe in the freedom of music...
Norco, CA WX: 57.6°F, 65.0% humidity, 0 mph E wind, 0.18 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?

<641DA66C.41.dove-syncjs@outworldbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=18&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript#18

From: dasme@VERT/OUTWORLD (Dasme)
To: Digital Man
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 01:32:28 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Dasme - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 06:32 UTC

Re: Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?
By: Digital Man to Dasme on Thu Mar 23 2023 04:20 pm

> Are you familiar with git and gitlab? I'd be happy to accept a merge request
> at gitlab.synchro.net to add the files. The IGM doesn't (and probably
> shouldn't) be enabled by default, but at least it'll be there and be trivial
> for a sysop to enable.

Yep I'm familiar. Well I use local git for my projects. I don't think I've ever actually used a remote gitlab site, I'll look into it. Can't be too different.

Cheers,
Lloyd Hannesson - Dasme

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Outworld - outworldbbs.com

Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?

<641E1062.779.dove-net2012@conchaos.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=19&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript#19

From: codefenix@VERT/CONCHAOS (Codefenix)
To: Dasme
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 10:04:34 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Codefenix - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:04 UTC

Re: Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?
By: Dasme to Digital Man on Fri Mar 24 2023 08:32 am

Da> Yep I'm familiar. Well I use local git for my projects. I don't think I've
Da> ever actually used a remote gitlab site, I'll look into it. Can't be too
Da> different.

Can't wait to try it.

|01<|09co|03d|11e|15ƒ|11e|03n|09ix|01>|07

....There they are, every colour of the rainbow: black, white, brown.
---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ ConstructiveChaos BBS | conchaos.synchro.net ]=-

dovenet / Synchronet Javascript / Beta test of Warrior's Graveyard?