From: phigan@VERT/TACOPRON (phigan)
To: All
Subject: Syncterm
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:05:14 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: phigan - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 19:05 UTC

Anyone get the issue with backspace/delete not always being what you want them
to be in Syncterm?

With a recent compile of it in Linux, it usually follows the 'stty erase'
setting from the shell, except in other screen modes like Atari. When in Atari
mode, I always have to ^H to backspace. When screen mode is just set to
"current", and I run syncterm from a default shell, I get ^? for backspace on
the PC boards.. if I "stty erase ^H" first, then it will give me ^H for
backspace on those. With Atari, it's the same no matter what. Pretty sure the
same goes for Commodore but I will have to check again.

It'd be cool if there was a setting for this, and maybe there is but I
overlooked it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't have this issue when I build it on Mac.

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io

Syncterm

<662EB49E.18120.dove-hlp@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1013&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#1013

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: All
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:05:14 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Digital Man - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 20:42 UTC

Re: Syncterm
By: phigan to All on Sun Apr 28 2024 12:05 pm

Please file a feature request at https://sourceforge.net/p/syncterm/feature-requests/
--
digital man (rob)

Rush quote #26:
Too many hands on my time, too many feelings, too many things on my mind
Norco, CA WX: 73.6°F, 44.0% humidity, 4 mph W wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Syncterm

<6630E8FA.67.dove-hwswhelp@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1014&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#1014

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: All
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:05:14 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: The Lizard Master - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 07:50 UTC

Re: Syncterm
By: Digital Man to phigan on Sun Apr 28 2024 01:42 pm

> > It'd be cool if there was a setting for this, and maybe there is but I
> > overlooked it.
>
> Please file a feature request at
> https://sourceforge.net/p/syncterm/feature-requests/

I think you might have answered this a while back, but I thought there was an issue in SyncTerm with flashing ansi and I realized it's only when I'm running Syncrhonet doors. If I'm on another system SyncTerm shows flashing ansi just fine. I think it might have to do with creating issues or something but can't remember.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

Syncterm

<663133B5.18123.dove-hlp@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1015&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#1015

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: All
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:05:14 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Digital Man - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 18:08 UTC

Re: Syncterm
By: The Lizard Master to Digital Man on Tue Apr 30 2024 03:50 am

> Re: Syncterm
> By: Digital Man to phigan on Sun Apr 28 2024 01:42 pm
>
> > > It'd be cool if there was a setting for this, and maybe there is but I
> > > overlooked it.
>
> > Please file a feature request at
> > https://sourceforge.net/p/syncterm/feature-requests/
>
> I think you might have answered this a while back, but I thought there was
> an issue in SyncTerm with flashing ansi and I realized it's only when I'm
> running Syncrhonet doors. If I'm on another system SyncTerm shows flashing
> ansi just fine. I think it might have to do with creating issues or
> something but can't remember.

If "high intensity background" color (so-called "ICE color") supporte is enabled or a custom font is loaded for the blink-attribute combination, then generally blinking is disabled in SyncTERM (though it is technically possible to get both).
--
digital man (rob)

This Is Spinal Tap quote #34:
We'd love to stand around and chat, but we've gotta sit down in the lobby
Norco, CA WX: 67.2°F, 61.0% humidity, 3 mph W wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Syncterm

<6632458A.72.dove-hwswhelp@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1022&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#1022

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: All
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:05:14 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: The Lizard Master - Wed, 1 May 2024 08:37 UTC

Re: Syncterm
By: Digital Man to The Lizard Master on Tue Apr 30 2024 11:08 am

> If "high intensity background" color (so-called "ICE color") supporte is
> enabled or a custom font is loaded for the blink-attribute combination, then
> generally blinking is disabled in SyncTERM (though it is technically
> possible to get both).

I can call two separate boards same SyncTerm settings if it's not Synchronet based I see te blink.

But I'll fool with the settings and see.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

dovenet / Hardware Software Help / Syncterm