MSDOS is not dead, it just smells that way. -- Henry Spencer

computers / alt.config / Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?

SubjectAuthor
* AI prompts and results newsgroup?vallor
+- Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?vallor
+* Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?Adam H. Kerman
|`- Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?vallor
`- Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?Tristan Miller

1
AI prompts and results newsgroup?

<gaX%L.2248910$9sn9.1018417@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1&group=alt.config#1

From: vallor@vallor.earth (vallor)
Subject: AI prompts and results newsgroup?
Newsgroups: alt.config
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 19:20:44 GMT
 by: vallor - Wed, 19 Apr 2023 19:20 UTC

Hello,

Is there a newsgroup where people
are discussing AI prompts and results? (Such
as: GPT4, DALL-E2, Bard, and so forth?)

Thinking that, somewhere on the Usenet, there must be a
discussion. comp.ai is moderated, and everywhere else
on comp.ai seems inappropriate. Wondered if there might be
an alt group.

Or if not, maybe we (tinw) can just pick an unused group
and post the prompt/result traffic there? (Beats me,
thought I'd ask...)

Thanks,

--
-v

Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?

<QX30M.1679302$8_id.797458@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2&group=alt.config#2

From: vallor@vallor.earth (vallor)
Subject: Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?
Newsgroups: alt.config
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 05:19:44 GMT
 by: vallor - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 05:19 UTC

On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 23:30:00 +0100, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:

> The new sewer lives at: "misc.taxes". Try it and good luck with it.

Was there a specific thread you were referring to?

All I saw was your sewer, but that wasn't what I asked about...

--
-v

Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?

<u1qjie$flbe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3&group=alt.config#3

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.config
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 05:45:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 05:45 UTC

vallor <vallor@vallor.earth> wrote:

>Hello,

>Is there a newsgroup where people
>are discussing AI prompts and results? (Such
>as: GPT4, DALL-E2, Bard, and so forth?)

>Thinking that, somewhere on the Usenet, there must be a
>discussion. comp.ai is moderated, and everywhere else
>on comp.ai seems inappropriate. Wondered if there might be
>an alt group.

>Or if not, maybe we (tinw) can just pick an unused group
>and post the prompt/result traffic there? (Beats me,
>thought I'd ask...)

>Thanks,

There's always alt.comp.misc or comp.misc.

comp.ai.* is a hierarchy. They aren't all moderated.

comp.ai Artificial Intelligence. (Moderated)
comp.ai.alife Research about artificial life.
comp.ai.doc-analysis.misc General document understanding technologies.
comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr OCR research, algorithms and software.
comp.ai.edu Applications of Artificial Intelligence to Education.
comp.ai.fuzzy Fuzzy set theory, aka fuzzy logic.
comp.ai.games Artificial intelligence in games and
game-playing.
comp.ai.genetic Genetic algorithms in computing.
comp.ai.nat-lang Natural language processing by computers.
comp.ai.neural-nets All aspects of neural networks.
comp.ai.philosophy Philosophical aspects of Artificial Intelligence.
comp.ai.shells Expert systems and other artificial intelligence shells.
comp.ai.vision Artificial Intelligence Vision Research. (Moderated)

Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?

<Igg0M.165292$qpNc.155706@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4&group=alt.config#4

Followup: news.groups
From: vallor@vallor.earth (vallor)
Newsgroups: alt.config,news.groups,comp.ai.shells
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 19:21:12 GMT
 by: vallor - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 19:21 UTC

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 05:45:50 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> vallor <vallor@vallor.earth> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>
>>Is there a newsgroup where people
>>are discussing AI prompts and results? (Such
>>as: GPT4, DALL-E2, Bard, and so forth?)
>
>>Thinking that, somewhere on the Usenet, there must be a
>>discussion. comp.ai is moderated, and everywhere else
>>on comp.ai seems inappropriate. Wondered if there might be
>>an alt group.
>
>>Or if not, maybe we (tinw) can just pick an unused group
>>and post the prompt/result traffic there? (Beats me,
>>thought I'd ask...)
>
>>Thanks,
>
> There's always alt.comp.misc or comp.misc.
>
> comp.ai.* is a hierarchy. They aren't all moderated.
>
> comp.ai Artificial Intelligence. (Moderated)
> comp.ai.alife Research about artificial life.
> comp.ai.doc-analysis.misc General document understanding
technologies.
> comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr OCR research, algorithms and software.
> comp.ai.edu Applications of Artificial Intelligence to
Education.
> comp.ai.fuzzy Fuzzy set theory, aka fuzzy logic.
> comp.ai.games Artificial intelligence in games and
> game-playing.
> comp.ai.genetic Genetic algorithms in computing.
> comp.ai.nat-lang Natural language processing by computers.
> comp.ai.neural-nets All aspects of neural networks.
> comp.ai.philosophy Philosophical aspects of Artificial Intelligence.
> comp.ai.shells Expert systems and other artificial
intelligence shells.
> comp.ai.vision Artificial Intelligence Vision Research.
(Moderated)

Thank you. comp.ai.shells looks like a good match, except I'm
not sure how interested they'd be with the io. But unless otherwise
directed, I'll see how that works.

Thank you.

fu2: news.groups

--
-v
(Scott)

Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?

<u28kft$ss0s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5&group=alt.config#5

Followup: news.groups
From: tristan.miller@ofai.at (Tristan Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.config,news.groups
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 15:27:25 +0200
 by: Tristan Miller - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 13:27 UTC

Greetings.

On 2023-04-19 21:20, vallor wrote:
> Is there a newsgroup where people
> are discussing AI prompts and results? (Such
> as: GPT4, DALL-E2, Bard, and so forth?)
>
> Thinking that, somewhere on the Usenet, there must be a
> discussion. comp.ai is moderated, and everywhere else
> on comp.ai seems inappropriate.

What does the moderation status of comp.ai have to do with it? I
moderate that group and welcome any on-topic posts consistent with the
charter:

> comp.ai is a moderated forum for announcements, reports, enquiries
> and discussions about the theory, practice, history and
> state-of-the-art of artificial intelligence. Its scope is AI in
> general, but it is not intended to be a forum for postings concerning
> areas of AI for which specialized subgroups exist, unless they have a
> clear wider relevance. Announcements of conferences, books, other
> publications, researches, applications, educational programs, and
> other happenings are relevant, as are those of AI positions available
> and non-commercial AI software.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Dr.-Ing. Tristan Miller, Research Scientist
Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI)

computers / alt.config / Re: AI prompts and results newsgroup?